Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: All things SCUBA

I've been told to do a nitrox course before I go for even longer bottom times. What's your opinion on that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    I've been told to do a nitrox course before I go for even longer bottom times. What's your opinion on that?
    I am not certified and have never used nitrox. It would be nice to be able to stay under longer. I have done one really deep dive in Belize. I got to dive the blue hole and went to a depth of 168 feet to see the stalactites. The Blue hole was full of gray reef sharks and very cool. At 25 ' the dive masters dropped extra tanks for anyone running low on air. Had to stay at 25' for like a half hour after 8 minute at depth. We went down through the old cave section and then up to 140' to look at the sharks. I don't think I will ever need to go that deep again. There is so much more to see in shallower water IMO.

You are very close to Belize as well. I would recommend going there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by sanluis View Post
    I am not certified and have never used nitrox. It would be nice to be able to stay under longer. I have done one really deep dive in Belize. I got to dive the blue hole and went to a depth of 168 feet to see the stalactites. The Blue hole was full of gray reef sharks and very cool. At 25 ' the dive masters dropped extra tanks for anyone running low on air. Had to stay at 25' for like a half hour after 8 minute at depth. We went down through the old cave section and then up to 140' to look at the sharks. I don't think I will ever need to go that deep again. There is so much more to see in shallower water IMO.

You are very close to Belize as well. I would recommend going there as well!
    It's a 4 hour dirve more or less to Belize from here. When my tourist visa expires I plan to go there for a week or so to dive and maybe to renew the visa at the Mexico Belize border.

Maybe I'll stop at Mahual to go over to Banco Chinchurro. That's the very bottom of the Yucatan, no big fishing boats, it's supposed to be great diving as well.

I'm thinking of going here for the instructor course.

http://www.dive-utila.com/index.htm

Adopted Bronco:

It's a 4 hour dirve more or less to Belize from here. When my tourist visa expires I plan to go there for a week or so to dive and maybe to renew the visa at the Mexico Belize border.

Maybe I'll stop at Mahual to go over to Banco Chinchurro. That's the very bottom of the Yucatan, no big fishing boats, it's supposed to be great diving as well.

Very cool! I just finished a vacation In Huatulco Mexico and did two dives. It was has been heavily fished and did not have many big fish and the coral was not very colorful. Still it was nice to get in some warmer water with outstanding visibility. I did get to see a spotted eagle and some other cool smaller fish.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm thinking of going here for the instructor course.

http://www.dive-utila.com/index.htm
    Looks looks like a nice facility!!

Hows your Spanish? I need to work on mine!

Todo Bien. Pero, a veces, los verbos son dificil para mi. Es mas facil cuando tu vives in Mexico.

The problem is, here, the locals are all learning english, or have learned a bit, so they want to speak english with me, and all I want to do is practice my spanish.

Adopted Bronco:

Todo Bien. Pero, a veces, los verbos son dificil para mi. Es mas facil cuando tu vives in Mexico.

The problem is, here, the locals are all learning english, or have learned a bit, so they want to speak english with me, and all I want to do is practice my spanish.
    Si!

I ran into the same thing while in Huatulco. LOL!

I mess up my conjugations of verbs all the time! It was fun to try and practice and the locals liked that I tried.

Si!

I ran into the same thing while in Huatulco. LOL!

I mess up my conjugations of verbs all the time! It was fun to try and practice and the locals liked that I tried.
    I should have taken more spanish in high school, while that was a while ago, at least it was free. Sometimes I'll watch a kids tv show, it helps. While I don't watch much, other than sports, I can't go diving and go to the bars every day.

I'm going to Venice, FL Monday to hunt for sharks teeth. Haven't been diving in more than a year, but ohs well it should be fun.

11. The Following User High Fived T1014 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by T1014 View Post
    I'm going to Venice, FL Monday to hunt for sharks teeth. Haven't been diving in more than a year, but ohs well it should be fun.
    How is the diving in FL? I heard it is really good in the parks were they don't allow fishing. What is your favorite place to go?

---diving pics?

How is the diving in FL? I heard it is really good in the parks were they don't allow fishing. What is your favorite place to go?

---diving pics?

Well I've only been to Key Largo, (have about 20+ dives) and compared to places like Bonaire its crappy because the reef has been so messed up by pecticides/runoff from golf courses (I hate golf ). On a nice June/July day it can be really nice though.its good for experience. I don't have any pics sadly.

The diving in Venice (so I hear from my dad, I personally haven't been yet) is really bad. The vis is so low you can only see a foot or so, and this is all the time. But the treasures you can find is the whole point. Then there's always the risk that you wont' find anything at all.
    When I get back Monday I'll let you all know what I hauled in (hopefully something big!)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by T1014 View Post
    Well I've only been to Key Largo, (have about 20+ dives) and compared to places like Bonaire its crappy because the reef has been so messed up by pecticides/runoff from golf courses (I hate golf ). On a nice June/July day it can be really nice though.its good for experience. I don't have any pics sadly.

The diving in Venice (so I hear from my dad, I personally haven't been yet) is really bad. The vis is so low you can only see a foot or so, and this is all the time. But the treasures you can find is the whole point. Then there's always the risk that you wont' find anything at all.
    When I get back Monday I'll let you all know what I hauled in (hopefully something big!)
    Good Luck!! I hope you find some cool stuff!

This happened in the Red Sea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e90hTmncv5o

They try to recover him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lzoA5E3rl8
    Last edited by Slick; 09-03-2007 at 01:28 AM.

Adopted Bronco:

Unhappy

Man! That is messed up! I don't understand why he went down there in the first place? Was he trying to find his buddy?
    Very sad. And a good reminder to always be careful!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information