Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tiger Woods Out For the Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Well, yes, but the point was that he didn't even participate in all of them.

If one of the NASCAR drivers didn't participate in one of the raises they would lose. There was a fundamental flaw in the system if he can only participate in six events and still win the 10-tournament event.

With that said, how amazing, and how dominating was it?

Still, it will be interesting. Like I said, Yo, Sergio, time to step up, buddy.

BTW...I'm probably a Sergio fan from here on out this year.
    Yeah, I really like Sergio. It would be nice to see him finally win a major.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Yeah, I really like Sergio. It would be nice to see him finally win a major.
    Someone has to introduce him to the flat stick, first.

Dude couldn't putt if it slapped him upside the face and called him Sally.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Well, no golfers really like to play 4 weeks in a row, and I could argue THAT'S a flaw in the system.

Him 'Slapping the field in the face' by skipping the first tournament reminds me of when he first declared pro.

They asked Earl Woods why he didn't go to Q school... Earl said... "There's what, 8 tournaments left? He's got to win one of them, right?"

Everyone thought that was a slap in the face and the height of arrogance... Until Tiger won two. Arrogant? Perhaps... self-aware and confident? Yes.

In the end, the playoffs would've been LESS compelling if he'd played all 4 weeks. He likely would've had an insurmountable lead come the final week... and that would've been the HEIGHT of... um... non-compellingness!
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Someone has to introduce him to the flat stick, first.

Dude couldn't putt if it slapped him upside the face and called him Sally.
    That's not true.

I've seen him putt well when it didn't matter for anything.

And I hear he used to be a great putter before he was a pro. I wonder what happened. I'll never fully understand what it's like to be so mentally into something that you can't recover from something for years?
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Well, no golfers really like to play 4 weeks in a row, and I could argue THAT'S a flaw in the system.

Him 'Slapping the field in the face' by skipping the first tournament reminds me of when he first declared pro.

They asked Earl Woods why he didn't go to Q school... Earl said... "There's what, 8 tournaments left? He's got to win one of them, right?"

Everyone thought that was a slap in the face and the height of arrogance... Until Tiger won two. Arrogant? Perhaps... self-aware and confident? Yes.

In the end, the playoffs would've been LESS compelling if he'd played all 4 weeks. He likely would've had an insurmountable lead come the final week... and that would've been the HEIGHT of... um... non-compellingness!
    Certainly understandable. But, they golf.

I know 90 year olds who play 18 holes a day every day for two months straight...just saying...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information