Thread: Forum Programmes

1. Exclamation Forum Programmes

hey guys
    I dont know if this is the right forum for this, but i need some help. I wanna add a forum to a couple of my sites and i wanna know if anyone knows of any good forums to use. I used to use invisionfree but i want some more advanced yet still easily to customize.
    Any help would be super.
    thanks

~You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do ~

I've mostly only worked with vBulletin. It is powerful and has a large development community making plugins/addons, but isn't free and isn't all that cheap.

Of the options that Rick mentioned, your best bet for a forum only option is likely phpbb or Simple Machines.

4. Default

thanks guys
    as much as i love the look of VBulletin im not prepared to fork out $285 as i spend enough on hosting as it is. im gonna give phpbb a go.
    thanks

~You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do ~

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by OhSnap! View Post
    thanks guys
    as much as i love the look of VBulletin im not prepared to fork out $285 as i spend enough on hosting as it is. im gonna give phpbb a go.
    thanks
    If you like vBulliten, there is a free forum that I hear is just as good called MyBB. I am currently using phpbb but due to some of my user's feelings about vBulliten, they want that feel, so I'm going to start a beta MyBB forum. If you are interesting in seeing phpbb in action, I can PM you my site address.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

I've used all the ones I had in my list, vbulletin definitly being the best.

As far as free though phpBB was actually pretty good and I did like it alot.

I will have to check out the myBB. If its just as good and I can skip the update fee for vbulletin every year that be nice.

7. Default

i got a phpBB forum up and running and but ill be definately checking out myBB.
    thanks heaps guys

Since a lot of people aren't happy with the pricing or programming direction of vB 4.0, the market is ripe for someone else to step in.

I've paid for the vB 4.0 upgrade, because they said they wouldn't support 3.x if you didn't buy it, then they went back on that, because so many people refused to buy the 4.x upgrade. Time will tell.

Trying out myBB. Seems pretty good, easy to use interface.

Im getting a little sick of the money for vbulletin and lately its been just as buggy as anything free ive used.

10. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

mybb seems to be pretty good but my fault in it is there just isn't enough mods for it.

May have to move back to vbulletin afterall. Very nice forum though....just needs bigger user base.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You spell programs funny.

No offense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information