Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Confessional, or, Where to Eat Crow

Mine is easily Tatum Bell. I thought he had the ability to be a very good running back for us. I liked his speed and determination. I honestly thought that he could be a very very good running back for us. I was actually excited at him being the starting back in the 2006 season.

How wrong I was.

2. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think all this says is that like coaches who see these guys on a day to day basis we be wrong in our assements of them. It happens.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I was very high on Lenny Walls at one point.

I'm also very high on Karl Paymah at the moment >_>

*And I was really high on Quentin Griffin as well.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Ricky Hunley was supposed to be an all world LB.

He did nothing but take a dump.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Tatum Bell for sure.

Jake Plummer (gasp) for another.

I'm sure there are plenty of others.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Tatum Bell for sure.

Jake Plummer (gasp) for another.

I'm sure there are plenty of others.
    Good point on Plummer-- he's the most glaring of all of them... It's like I just kept waiting for him to come around, and waiting, and waiting... And then he realized he was mediocre and retired. Disappointing to say the least.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

i share crow on names like deltha, tatum, lenny, jake...

a couple i haven't seen mentioned that i really thought were going to be good in this league were domenik hixon (though i still blame our blockers more than him, and he's shown he can do some things with NY) and jashon sykes. i thought jashon was going to be a broncos linebacker for a long time, and then he fell off the map.

i guess i can add darius watts too. i really liked him as a rookie, and thought he was the future at WR. had no idea what happened in year two.

and from the other direction, i REALLY hope that jarvis moss makes me order crow in bulk.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

12. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
    Good point on Plummer-- he's the most glaring of all of them... It's like I just kept waiting for him to come around, and waiting, and waiting... And then he realized he was mediocre and retired. Disappointing to say the least.
    For some reason, I've always been a Plummer fan, and I really liked the signing, and then the Championship game, I was ecstatic, and then it just went downhill, resulting in me eating a lot of crow on the Freak.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post

a couple i haven't seen mentioned that i really thought were going to be good in this league were domenik hixon (though i still blame our blockers more than him, and he's shown he can do some things with NY) and jashon sykes. i thought jashon was going to be a broncos linebacker for a long time, and then he fell off the map.

i guess i can add darius watts too. i really liked him as a rookie, and thought he was the future at WR. had no idea what happened in year two.

and from the other direction, i REALLY hope that jarvis moss makes me order crow in bulk.
    Forgot about Sykes. He seemed poised to be a great LB, injuries did him in IIRC; I have to admit I was kinda high on him cause he was a Buff (or was that Pierce?) but he really did seem like he had what it took. I was also kinda high on Terry Pierce, but he just like... disappeared completely. Was supposed to replace Al Wilson but since Wilson stuck around Pierce just faded into who the hell knows where.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post

I was gonna say Sykes too, but that was more my own rooting for him than any real expectations... He was an undrafted free agent afterall, so really, the fact that he got as far as he did was impressive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Forgot about Sykes. He seemed poised to be a great LB, injuries did him in IIRC; I have to admit I was kinda high on him cause he was a Buff (or was that Pierce?) but he really did seem like he had what it took. I was also kinda high on Terry Pierce, but he just like... disappeared completely. Was supposed to replace Al Wilson but since Wilson stuck around Pierce just faded into who the hell knows where.
    I was a where are they now article about him... I think he's selling insurance in Kansas nowadays...

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
    Jake had talent he just never wanted put anymore effort into preparing than was absolutely necessary.

I thought the Sam Adams signing was a good one. I expected him to anchor the middle for a year or two. All he did was suck.

I also thought highly of George Foster. He played in a great conference against top talent...

19. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    I thought the Sam Adams signing was a good one. I expected him to anchor the middle for a year or two. All he did was suck.

I also thought highly of George Foster. He played in a great conference against top talent...
    I was always leery of the Adams trade, not that I made a big stink about it.

Foster I thought highly of him until he got lazy about his technique.

Meh...... Sykes was an undrafted FA. I didn't expect much from him other than rooting for him to come back from injury and he was a Buff.

I WAS high on Pierce. Thought he was going to be good. We signed Al Wilson and Pierce sat on the bench. I think he lost his passion for the game after that.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information