Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ocho cinco to jump into Dawg Pound

Default Ocho cinco to jump into Dawg Pound

KFFL:

Sep 13 Kevin Goheen, of the Cincinnati Post, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson said that if he scores a touchdown against the Cleveland Browns Week 2, he will leap into the famous "Dawg Pound," a la the "Lambeau Leap" done when a Green Bay Packers player scores a touchdown.

I wanna see that!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I'll believe it when I see it.

I bet he doesn't even score.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I wouldn't do that if I were him. One of those Browns fans could try to injure him. I love CJ's celebrations but I wouldn't do this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrass View Post
    KFFL:

Sep 13 Kevin Goheen, of the Cincinnati Post, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Johnson said that if he scores a touchdown against the Cleveland Browns Week 2, he will leap into the famous "Dawg Pound," a la the "Lambeau Leap" done when a Green Bay Packers player scores a touchdown.

I wanna see that!
    not me, i am starting rudi and housh in fantasy this week. so i wanna see those two guys to the leap multiple times.

all ff aside i would enjoy seeing that. ha ha

Man, now that I think about it.....I bet the fans would flip out and try to hurt him. I don't think it's such a good idea. Perhaps one of our resident Browns fans could shed some light on what might happen if he does the jump...

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Well it would be in their best interest to not do anything since it will be broadcast for all the world to see....that said, I wouldn't put it past them

I think it would be funny if when he tried to jump up there, they all run away and he just hits seats, or all put up their hands and not let him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrass View Post
    KFFL:

I wanna see that!
    He can go ahead and do that.

He'll jump in. But he'll be driven back (a la a cart). Browns fans get angry at the refs ... they throw bottles. Browns fans don't like Elway. They throw batteries. Oh, just think of Chad when he jumps in. He'll be bloodied when he gets back ... if he's still conscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    He can go ahead and do that.

He'll jump in. But he'll be driven back (a la a cart). Browns fans get angry at the refs ... they throw bottles. Browns fans don't like Elway. They throw batteries. Oh, just think of Chad when he jumps in. He'll be bloodied when he gets back ... if he's still conscious.

very classy of them to throw Batteries and bottles over a football game. They need to get a life. Not saying there are not all bad fans for all teams including the Broncos. All those who throw stuff need to be expelled from the game as it can really hurt someone like the Giants fan who threw ice a number of years back and hit a coach in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    very classy of them to throw Batteries and bottles over a football game. They need to get a life. Not saying there are not all bad fans for all teams including the Broncos. All those who throw stuff need to be expelled from the game as it can really hurt someone like the Giants fan who threw ice a number of years back and hit a coach in the head.
    I just gave two incidents that many of you may be familiar with in responding. The person who does need to grow up and be classy is Chad Johnson. Doing that leap reeks of unsportsmanship. Just think of when he's against Denver what he'll do then! He'll do a Mile Hile Salute for all of you and then jump into the South Stands. What will happen to him? Would you expect him to be able to do such things without repercussions from the fans?

I just gave two incidents that many of you may be familiar with in responding. The person who does need to grow up and be classy is Chad Johnson. Doing that leap reeks of unsportsmanship. Just think of when he's against Denver what he'll do then! He'll do a Mile Hile Salute for all of you and then jump into the South Stands. What will happen to him? Would you expect him to be able to do such things without repercussions from the fans?

yes but not get stuff thrown at him. This is entertainment, not real life.
    getting booed is one thing, being classless bronco fans included is another

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    yes but not get stuff thrown at him. This is entertainment, not real life.
    getting booed is one thing, being classless bronco fans included is another
    The man is asking for trouble by even claiming he's going to do such a stunt. This is extreme unsportsmanlike behavior. A Browns fan ran onto the field last Christmas when the Browns lost to the Steelers 41-0. Why did he do it? He said:

"He was defending his honor"

If a fan will charge the field in a 41-0 loss for "honor" what will they do to Chad Johnson when he spits on and prances around smiling and laughing on their "honor".

Last week, when Big Ben was smiling and laughing about the game. I wanted to punch him in the face. I know I'm not the only one. We all know that people make rash decisions when they are angry. Just picture Chad Johnson, a man who will take that a step further. By not making it so the fans HAVE to come to the player like in the Christmas game. He's going to go TO the fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

The man is asking for trouble by even claiming he's going to do such a stunt. This is extreme unsportsmanlike behavior. A Browns fan ran onto the field last Christmas when the Browns lost to the Steelers 41-0. Why did he do it? He said:

"He was defending his honor"

If a fan will charge the field in a 41-0 loss for "honor" what will they do to Chad Johnson when he spits on and prances around smiling and laughing on their "honor".

Last week, when Big Ben was smiling and laughing about the game. I wanted to punch him in the face. I know I'm not the only one. We all know that people make rash decisions when they are angry. Just picture Chad Johnson, a man who will take that a step further. By not making it so the fans HAVE to come to the player like in the Christmas game. He's going to go TO the fan.
    I see your point and frankly, a player of an opposing team has NO business going into THEIR stands.

Not only are you asking for trouble, but its just not good sportsmanship.

Jump into your own stands, put on some HOF jacket, dance the river dance, but dont' go into the stands. Keep it on the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I never have given Chad Jackson too much credit for smarts.

This only supports my opinion.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

By the way, here's the article. He knows what's going to happen if he does it.

Chad Johnson is a trusting soul. At least when it comes to the fans of Cleveland Browns Stadium and the end zone better known as "The Dawg Pound."

Johnson said on Wednesday that if he scores a touchdown against the Browns Sunday in Cleveland he plans on jumping into the Dawg Pound, a la the "Lambeau Leap" tradition in Green Bay. Johnson was talking to reporters about how much he enjoys playing in the atmosphere of Cleveland's stadium when he decided upon this week's would-be scoring celebration.

The only question would be whether or not Johnson makes it back to the field from enemy territory.

"If I don't, maybe T.J. (Houshmandzadeh) better come get me or something. It'll be fun, man. I love the Dawg Pound," said Johnson. "I talked to a gentleman - I'm not sure what his name is - but he's sat there every year since my rookie year. Before every game, I go up to him and talk to him. A heavy-set guy who wears a mask. I talk to him all the time every year. I told him I'm going to jump in there. So I don't know. If I see him again, I'm going to let him know: I'm going to jump in here.

"If y'all beat up on me, don't hit me too hard."

One person who won't be going in to get Johnson is Carson Palmer.

"I hope he doesn't do it because there are some crazy fans," said the Bengals quarterback. "They might tear Chad apart. So I hope he makes it back in one piece."

Johnson scored his first touchdown of the season Monday night on a 39-yard pass from Palmer in the first quarter of the 27-20 win over Baltimore. Upon returning to the sideline Johnson put on a large gold Hall of Fame blazer, with the help of Houshmandzadeh, with lettering on the back that read: "FUTURE H.O.F. 20??"

Johnson took some criticism for the celebration. He took that criticism in stride.

"You're always going to have haters. You're always going to have critics," said Johnson. "I like the critics. Those are the people that continue to have me doing the things that I do. For those who take what I did Monday as a joke: It's not funny. There's truth to it. Every time I say something, I do it. I've done something. All I was doing was letting you know I will be there at some point in 2000-something. I just don't know when. Laugh about it, but I'm dead serious."

Johnson caught five passes for 95 yards and the one touchdown against the Ravens, but all of his production came in the first half. The Bengals gained just 236 yards of offense against Baltimore, but the offense was able to produce enough plays to back up the defense and its six takeaways for the victory.

Johnson is a four-time Pro Bowl selection and a three-time All-Pro selection. He has led the AFC in receiving yards each of the last four seasons and last season he became the first Bengals player ever to lead the NFL in receiving yards. He is second in franchise history in both career receptions and receiving yards. His five catches against Baltimore leave him needing 60 more to pass Carl Pickens and his 530 receptions.

He could surpass Isaac Curtis' yardage record Sunday against the Browns. He needs 82 more yards to move past Curtis, who had 7,101 yards on 416 catches. Johnson is now third on the team's all-time touchdown receptions list with 42, behind Pickens (63) and Curtis (53). His touchdown Monday night broke a tie with Eddie Brown.

Johnson has 58 receptions for 790 yards and six touchdowns in 12 career games against Cleveland, including 13 catches for 201 yards and one touchdown in two games last season. He has had three 100-yard games against Cleveland in his career but the Browns have also four times held Johnson to under 40 yards.

"It doesn't mean much," Johnson said. "I respect all records that I do achieve. It says a lot about what I've accomplished, what I've worked for since I was young. But my focus right now from this point on in my career is getting a ring. That's it. I could care less about the numbers right now. I've done all I can do.

"My goal coming in here was to get to the Pro Bowl. I've been there. My goal behind that was break a couple of records, set my name in the foundation of this organization. I've done that. My goal now is getting to Arizona, period. That's it. And I will do it by all means necessary."

Super Bowl XLII will be played on Feb. 3 of next year in Glendale, Ariz.

LINK

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

The guy's an idiot. It's just another way of taunting.

I hope they do give him a good whoopin'. Not injure him . . . just a few bruises, y'know?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information