Went out to Lake Coleman in Coleman, TX early this morning to do a little bass fishing. Got to the lake around sun up, caught a couple of large mouth right off the bat, then saw the white bass jumping out in the middle of the lake (about 40 feet deep where they were) so that's where we went. It was the easiest fishing I've ever done. I had five casts in a row where I caught a fish. They weren't all keepers, but we ended up keeping 23 fish out of about 40 that we caught.

Here's a few pictures.

My buddy's '05 Screamin Yellow F-250. That's the boat hauler. It's got 6" of suspension lift and 37" tires while maintaining close to 20 MPG around town as long as he stays out of it. That beast is pulling a 26' pontoon out to Possum Kingdom for 4th of July weekend.

Picture of right after we launched. The water was so still all morning.

Pulled 'em out of the live well and put them in here for transport to the cleaning station in my buddy's father in law's house.

Final product. The five big ones across the bottom are the large mouth bass we kept. The rest are white bass. They're good for some pretty decent filets. A couple of them were too skinny like they had just spawned, but we still got some good meat off of 'em.

That bugger at the bottom stayed alive all the way through the skinning. I was impressed.