Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Open 2008

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default U.S. Open 2008

Knocked off early to watch all of Tiger/Phil/Adam...

Tiger starts off with a bogie, Phil should make par and Adam is gonna make birdie, if he doesn't F this up.

Anyone else watching?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Clearly, I was the only one watching yesterday...anyone watching today/tonight?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I've got it on. I'm glad you bumped this thread I was looking for it. How's Tiger doing today? I just turned it on.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    I've got it on. I'm glad you bumped this thread I was looking for it. How's Tiger doing today? I just turned it on.
    He just parred the first.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    He just parred the first.
    Nice! I'm watching golf and getting in a little Spanish lesson as well. It's funny. A birdie is a birdie, a par is a par, a bogey is a bogey. An eagle is una aguila.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    Nice! I'm watching golf and getting in a little Spanish lesson as well. It's funny. A birdie is a birdie, a par is a par, a bogey is a bogey. An eagle is una aguila.
    There's no word for birdie? I understand bogey and par, but you'd think they'd use something for bird, for birdie.

Rocco is playing well...I think I'm rooting for Mr. Mediate.

Phil had a tin cup moment on No. 13...got a 9. He was down in a swell in front of the green, part of the fairway, hit a lob shot that came back to his feet, did it again, did it again, got it up there and two putted.

There's no word for birdie? I understand bogey and par, but you'd think they'd use something for bird, for birdie.

Rocco is playing well...I think I'm rooting for Mr. Mediate.

Phil had a tin cup moment on No. 13...got a 9. He was down in a swell in front of the green, part of the fairway, hit a lob shot that came back to his feet, did it again, did it again, got it up there and two putted.
    LMAO at tin cup moment. I wouldn't mind seeing Rocco win either. He's been here before only to let it slip away.

Pajaro means bird so I'm guessing pajarito would be little bird but they still say birdie.

10. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Karlsson just went into the hazard behind No. 3, but Tiger went in the bunker. Karlsson was one-under after two, but I think that's gonna change.

Knocked off early to watch all of Tiger/Phil/Adam...

Tiger starts off with a bogie, Phil should make par and Adam is gonna make birdie, if he doesn't F this up.

Anyone else watching?
    I am watching it, but had to stop to do some things, so I am only through two holes on Tiger's group. Will fast forward through commercials and stuff and try and catch up to live.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I am watching it, but had to stop to do some things, so I am only through two holes on Tiger's group. Will fast forward through commercials and stuff and try and catch up to live.
    Rocco, Rocco, Rocco!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

LOL...they had Hunter Mahan in the booth watching some of the puts and shots on his round, and Costas stopped talking when they were showing the first highlight, you know where the golfer is supposed to tell the audience about the shot, and Hunter was just watching the monitor. About the time the ball dropped in the hole, Costas said, "this is where you talk." It was funny, but Mahan clearly wasn't used to doing that.

I believe he's the only golfer to turn in a round under par today.

Wow, just caught up to live on the DVR and watched the Tiger's Eagle putt. That was an insane putt to make.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That might be Tiger's greatest round ever....considering the injured knee. Unreal. That Eagle on the final was just remarkable.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

That might be Tiger's greatest round ever....considering the injured knee. Unreal. That Eagle on the final was just remarkable.
    Yep. That is the second long eagle putt (the last eagle was longer). It was funny, the commentator said something like, "look how far left he's looking" like Tiger was about to screw up big time, and then it just starts tracking towards the hole.

It will be interesting if his knee responds tomorrow. I don't think there is any way he can play all day tomorrow the way he has the last 5 or 6 holes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yep. That is the second long eagle putt (the last eagle was longer). It was funny, the commentator said something like, "look how far left he's looking" like Tiger was about to screw up big time, and then it just starts tracking towards the hole.

It will be interesting if his knee responds tomorrow. I don't think there is any way he can play all day tomorrow the way he has the last 5 or 6 holes.
    Yeah, Johnny Miller had no clue where he was reading that...but I'm guessing most putts today were from the right-hand side of the green today, and he didn't realize how much it broke. The last few groups are trying to win this thing, so they are taking dead aim, whereas, earlier in the day they were just aiming to hit the green.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information