Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Open 2008

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    That might be Tiger's greatest round ever....considering the injured knee. Unreal. That Eagle on the final was just remarkable.
    Agreed. I've never seen more jaw-dropping moments in a round of golf than I saw in that one today.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Agreed. I've never seen more jaw-dropping moments in a round of golf than I saw in that one today.
    He's completely dominated, but he has NEVER done what he did today. Simply because golfers just don't play hurt. But he did, and it was unreal.

The only thing that rivaled this round, imo, was his week-long performance at the British Open last year...I lied the other day, I cried when he broke down on 18 after winning the British, after his father died.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

He's completely dominated, but he has NEVER done what he did today. Simply because golfers just don't play hurt. But he did, and it was unreal.

The only thing that rivaled this round, imo, was his week-long performance at the British Open last year...I lied the other day, I cried when he broke down on 18 after winning the British, after his father died.
    Yeah, last year's British was awesome too! I'm just thankful that I'm alive to see Tiger Woods in his prime because I don't know if we'll ever see another golfer quite like him.

I just hope Woods has enough gas left in the tank to finish this thing off tomorrow. It'll be dramatic to say the least.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Clearly, I was the only one watching yesterday...anyone watching today/tonight?
    I watched a lot of the first two rounds and was fortunate to be able to go to the opening round. I have never been to a golf tournament and trying to get a good spot to watch Tiger is totally insane.

Tiger is just simply amazing. I mean he is playing outstanding golf for just coming off knee surgery. The shots he made today were jsut sick. If he wins this tomorrow this just might be the best win I have seen him get....should make for some good golf tomorrow.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

What a great day of golf. As always the US Open makes for some great shots, and some terrible screw-ups.

Tiger just amazes me more every time I see him play. I hope that he's able to get some treatment for his knee and win this thing tomorrow. It would be sad if he lost this one now due to his knee.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

**Devil's Advocate**

Is Tiger really injured, or is he pulling a Paul Pierce? He sure didn't look like he was in much pain on the 13th hoping around on his knee to the left no less....

** Devil's advocate over**

He played amazing today. Re-hab tonight and runaway with it tomorrow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    **Devil's Advocate**

Is Tiger really injured, or is he pulling a Paul Pierce? He sure didn't look like he was in much pain on the 13th hoping around on his knee to the left no less....

** Devil's advocate over**

He played amazing today. Re-hab tonight and runaway with it tomorrow.
    I would argue that it was one of his less graceful celebrations and I think he was definately making a concerted effort not to do too much... Seemed awkward overall.

Great stuff though.

I really hope his knee isn't an issue tomorrow... but it will be.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Anyone else wonder if Tiger would be able to finish when he came up limp on the Second hole?
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Anyone else wonder if Tiger would be able to finish when he came up limp on the Second hole?
    I'm guessing it comes down to what the docs have told him about pain vs. permanent damage. If it is just a pain thing, my guess is he guts it out, like on the last hole dropping down for extra club. If it gets bad enough, he could start making little punch shots, sort of like Michael Chang serving underhand to win the French open.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Oh, I definitely thought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm guessing it comes down to what the docs have told him about pain vs. permanent damage. If it is just a pain thing, my guess is he guts it out, like on the last hole dropping down for extra club. If it gets bad enough, he could start making little punch shots, sort of like Michael Chang serving underhand to win the French open.
    Exactly. Miller kept saying yesterday that the cut shot would take a lot of pressure off that knee. He's got to quit swinging so hard, and go up a club, or something, because I just don't think he can keep it going.

This could be pretty dramatic, but man, I HATE the Monday 18-hole playoff...you lose most of your audience (including me). It just sucks.

Go to the four-hole playoff like at the British.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Oh, I definitely thought the same thing.

Exactly. Miller kept saying yesterday that the cut shot would take a lot of pressure off that knee. He's got to quit swinging so hard, and go up a club, or something, because I just don't think he can keep it going.

This could be pretty dramatic, but man, I HATE the Monday 18-hole playoff...you lose most of your audience (including me). It just sucks.

Go to the four-hole playoff like at the British.
    I like the concept of the 18 hole playoff, but don't like it as a fan trying to watch it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As crappy as Tiger has started and only being 1 shot out, I think he's going to win this thing. He has finished strong the last 2 days and I think he will do it again today. Go Tiger!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Tiger's making his move!

Westwood and mediate aren't exactly folding, so it should be a good finish.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Change on the leaderboard.

Odds of Mediate not folding now?
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information