Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Thieves could go free while victim faces jail time

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Thieves could go free while victim faces jail time

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????????????
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-theive...0,231586.story

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his property and his life.

82-year-old Robert Wallace said in February that he looked out his window and saw two men hooking his flatbed trailer up to their pickup. He yelled at them to stop, but they sped away, stealing his trailer. He told police he fired two shots at the pickup.

Minutes later, police say 32-year-old Damacio Torres dropped 28-year-old Alvaro Cardona off at a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound to the face.

Torres did not stay to talk with police, but they caught up with him later. According to court documents, he admitted he and Cardona stole the trailer.

Wallace did not want to talk on camera, but when we asked him if the two men threatened him he said, "They almost ran me over."

The Jefferson County DA's office said that neither Torres nor Cardona have been charged with anything at this point, even though Torres confessed to the crime. However, the homeowner, Wallace is facing twelve felony counts, including four counts of attempted first degree murder. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record. Cardona's record includes public fighting and numerous traffic offenses like driving without a license or insurance. Torres's record includes agricultural trespassing as well as a 2005 arrest for aggravated motor vehicle theft for which he was given a plea bargain to a lesser crime. Sources say Torres is also under investigation for being part of a major auto theft ring.

Wallace is out on bond and due back in court in September to enter his plea.

Neighbors say the thieves should be the ones facing charges and Wallace should be given an award for protecting the neighborhood.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Sadly this is true. I have two uncles that have been on the police force for over twenty years and they always told us if you were going to shoot an intruder to make sure they fall inside your house or you'll go down as the "criminal". It's BS, but no theft is worth a bullet in the face. Call the cops, shoot the tire out or whatever...don't shoot the crook unless he's in your house and you are in fear of your life or the life of a loved one.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Well, at least there will be one less old guy on Social Security. Maybe would could send his money to Kenya?

I'm just kidding. I love old people. They're the only ones I can still beat in a foot race.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

4. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    Sadly this is true. I have two uncles that have been on the police force for over twenty years and they always told us if you were going to shoot an intruder to make sure they fall inside your house or you'll go down as the "criminal". It's BS, but no theft is worth a bullet in the face. Call the cops, shoot the tire out or whatever...don't shoot the crook unless he's in your house and you are in fear of your life or the life of a loved one.
    Or drag the lifeless bodies back to the house and hang the bleeding stumps halfway out of the window.

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    Or drag the lifeless bodies back to the house and hang the bleeding stumps halfway out of the window.
    LOL! If you drag them into the house after you shoot them you will have alot of blood to get rid. You don't want drag marks from outside going back inside
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

LOL! If you drag them into the house after you shoot them you will have alot of blood to get rid. You don't want drag marks from outside going back inside
    I dont mean to make fun of the old guy's plight, but you could say after I shot him the first time, he started to run off and I told him he forgot the TV. I got him good on his second try.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS????????????
    http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-theive...0,231586.story

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - Admitted thieves are going free, while an elderly Wheat Ridge man is facing the possibility of spending the rest of his life behind bars, all, he says, for trying to defend his property and his life.

82-year-old Robert Wallace said in February that he looked out his window and saw two men hooking his flatbed trailer up to their pickup. He yelled at them to stop, but they sped away, stealing his trailer. He told police he fired two shots at the pickup.

Minutes later, police say 32-year-old Damacio Torres dropped 28-year-old Alvaro Cardona off at a hospital emergency room with a gunshot wound to the face.

Torres did not stay to talk with police, but they caught up with him later. According to court documents, he admitted he and Cardona stole the trailer.

Wallace did not want to talk on camera, but when we asked him if the two men threatened him he said, "They almost ran me over."

The Jefferson County DA's office said that neither Torres nor Cardona have been charged with anything at this point, even though Torres confessed to the crime. However, the homeowner, Wallace is facing twelve felony counts, including four counts of attempted first degree murder. If convicted, he could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record. Cardona's record includes public fighting and numerous traffic offenses like driving without a license or insurance. Torres's record includes agricultural trespassing as well as a 2005 arrest for aggravated motor vehicle theft for which he was given a plea bargain to a lesser crime. Sources say Torres is also under investigation for being part of a major auto theft ring.

Wallace is out on bond and due back in court in September to enter his plea.

Neighbors say the thieves should be the ones facing charges and Wallace should be given an award for protecting the neighborhood.
    What a surprise!!!
    Hell if he was going to face charges and be sentenced he should have killed the lowlife POS.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    What a surprise!!!
    Hell if he was going to face charges and be sentenced he should have killed the lowlife POS.
    I think there's a lesson here.

just fricking pathetic.

Arrest the bar steward for admitting theft at least!!!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

13. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

The thieves were arrested today. Turns out there was an ongoing investigation as to whether these guys were part of a larger operation, and they couldn't be charged in the meantime. Sounds like they'll be charged with more than just the trailer theft too.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SM19 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

..don't shoot the crook unless he's in your house and you are in fear of your life or the life of a loved one.
    The old man did say they were trying to run him over with the truck.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    I think there's a lesson here.
    Yep and the lesson is our judicial system is pathetic.

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The old man did say they were trying to run him over with the truck.
    I know, but that was because he was chasing them and after he already shot one...

I don't think the charges will go any further and he should be plea-bargained down to probation if there is any justice out there.
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Yep and the lesson is our judicial system is pathetic.
    Compared to what?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

You can thank liberalism for this bullshit, and the vile state of our legal system.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information