Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

I'm sorry - but this is RIDICULOUS - TALK ABOUT EGO

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255

LeBron James is planning to announce the team with which he will sign during a one-hour special on ESPN Thursday night, ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard has learned through independent sources.

ESPN would only confirm that active discussions for the special are ongoing. But sources tell Broussard that representatives for James contacted the network, proposing that James makes his announcement during a 9 p.m. ET special.

Those sources said that James' representatives requested they be allowed to sell sponsorship for the one-hour special, with the proceeds going to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and that ESPN agreed to the proposal but had not been told what James has decided.

The NBA's most prized free agent opened a Twitter account on Tuesday and posted his first message on the social networking site. While he provided no information about his future plans, at least he offered something as the NBA awaits the decision on where he'll play next.

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building," said the tweet on the kingjames feed, which by 9 p.m. ET had more than 167,000 followers.

James' publicist, Keith Estabrook, confirmed the superstar's entrance to Twitter, a place where fellow prized free agents Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh often post details about their public lives off the floor.

James' plans still are a closely guarded secret. He visited with six teams -- the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls -- last week at his business offices in downtown Cleveland and may have made up his mind already. But until he gives word, other teams are positioning themselves to make a run at the 6-foot-8, 260-pound All-Star -- or Bosh or Wade, or maybe a combination.

There have been various reports that the Toronto Raptors were working on a sign-and-trade deal with Cleveland for Bosh, and that James is trying to convince him to join the Cavaliers.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, sources told Broussard.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

Like James, Wade and Bosh have remained noncommittal about where they'll sign.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, sources told Broussard.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources told Broussard he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Unsure of James' decision, the Nets have a Plan B in case he rejects their offer.

The agent for Knicks forward David Lee says the Nets have talked to him several times since free agency began on Thursday.

An official within the league who is very close to the Nets' management team said the team would also consider going after Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer if James rejected the offer that was presented by new owner Mikhail Prokhorov and a team that included hip-hop mogul Jay-Z.

Nets president and general manager Rod Thorn said in a text message on Tuesday that there was nothing to report on the free agency front.

Asked about the Nets' options if The King nixes their overtures, Thorn wrote:

"We will look at other options if we don't get one of the top guys."

While James is the star attraction in this summer's stacked class of free agents, other players have either stayed home or found a new one. On Monday, Amare Stoudemire agreed to a five-year deal with the Knicks and said he would continue to recruit James to join him.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I guess Brett Favre will hold a press conference tommorow as well. Hes going to retire.

Then in a month he will decide to come back. We all know that Brett hates that anyone but him gets ESPN recognition.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

A one hour special to announce his decision?

What a clown!

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I want him to have caps with various team logos placed on the table in front of him and then he'll grab the one he's decided to choose. Since he skipped college, he didn't get the chance to do that before and maybe this is one of those things he regrets missing out on.

But even better would be to make it a mini-series like The Batchelorette where, each night, we get to see LeBron whined and dined by team execs and each night he hands roses to the GMs he is still in love with until he is down to choosing between the final two.

Or he could stand at the free throw line and announce the winner by sinking only the free throw with the basketball logo of the winning team on it to show who gets LeBron.

I mean, summer sports programming is so dull. World Cup. Tour de Farce. Wimpledump.

So a multi-week reality series featuring LeBron and his choice of cities could be a big ratings hit for The Mouse if they can just figure out the right show format.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I want him to have caps with various team logos placed on the table in front of him and then he'll grab the one he's decided to choose. Since he skipped college, he didn't get the chance to do that before and maybe this is one of those things he regrets missing out on.

But even better would be to make it a mini-series like The Batchelorette where, each night, we get to see LeBron whined and dined by team execs and each night he hands roses to the GMs he is still in love with until he is down to choosing between the final two.

Or he could stand at the free throw line and announce the winner by sinking only the free throw with the basketball logo of the winning team on it to show who gets LeBron.

I mean, summer sports programming is so dull. World Cup. Tour de Farce. Wimpledump.

So a multi-week reality series featuring LeBron and his choice of cities could be a big ratings hit for The Mouse if they can just figure out the right show format.
    If i'm not mistaken, Dan Patrick said on his radio show yesterday Dwayne Wade was doing a documentary about his off-season and FA period. Yeppers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oh, and yay. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I guess Brett Favre will hold a press conference tommorow as well. Hes going to retire.

Then in a month he will decide to come back. We all know that Brett hates that anyone but him gets ESPN recognition.
    The first thing I thought of once I finished reading the article is that it sounded just like Favre. That's just great, you see what kind of role model Brett has been for the kids?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The people bashing him are conveniently overlooking the fact that ALL of the money from the sponsorship of this event is going to the Boys and Girls Club of America.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    The people bashing him are conveniently overlooking the fact that ALL of the money from the sponsorship of this event is going to the Boys and Girls Club of America.
    Not conveniently overlooking this fact at all - it is just a cushion put in to try to take away the ridiculous part of all this. If you really are serious about doing something for charity, you DON'T do it this way.

As Vic Lombardi has on his twitter:

@szarmach would normally agree, but all proceeds from hour special going to boys and girls club .... more modest ways to give to charity

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Not conveniently overlooking this fact at all - it is just a cushion put in to try to take away the ridiculous part of all this. If you really are serious about doing something for charity, you DON'T do it this way.

As Vic Lombardi has on his twitter:

@szarmach would normally agree, but all proceeds from hour special going to boys and girls club .... more modest ways to give to charity
    Exactly! LOL!
    "HEY Everyone! I am gonna have a 1 hour special, cause thats what i am, to announce what would take anyone else 2 minutes, but because i am so special, i need an hour to BS up here about how special i am, and oh did i mention it all goes to the boy and girls club or something like that, but hey! I'm lil bron and i am special!"

"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$The lil bron, super spectacular, me so special, one hour extravaganza, billion dollar, super duper, guacamole and chips my poop dont stink lets do it for the kids bonanza, especial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!
    With special guest stars,
    Ricky Martin!!!
    Micheal Vick!!!
    Lawrence Fishburn!!!
    TO!!!
    Luke Perry!!!
    Madonna!!!
    Lady gaga!!!
    And a whole lot more!~
    Free Prizes!!
    Last edited by SOCALORADO.; 07-07-2010 at 10:16 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok? Well while you're sitting on your high horse judging him for this while there are other athletes out there doing drugs, beating their girlfriends, killing dogs, and killing people, I will enjoy watching him play basketball this fall.
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 07-07-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Ok? Well while you're sitting on your high horse judging him for this while there are other athletes out there doing drugs, beating their girlfriends, killing dogs, and killing people, I will enjoy watching him play basketball this fall.
    No one has said anything about him playing basketball - that has nothing to do with his pompous way of announcing who he will play for.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

No one has said anything about him playing basketball - that has nothing to do with his pompous way of announcing who he will play for.
    Lil' bron gonn do a back flip into a vat o gauc!
    Check it! Its fo the childrens!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Those were my thoughts immediately. I don't understand a press conference to
    sign a contract, anyway. But this is over the top . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

19. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And my point is that I don't care how he announces it. There are MANY more athletes who do MUCH worse things than this. Given the shit that pro athletes do these days, I really can't muster up any anger over this one. Now that Wimbledon is over and the US is out of the World Cup, the sports world is kinda slow right now. I'm loving all this free agent drama and if I weren't traveling to California tomorrow, I'd be glued to the TV tomorrow night to watch.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information