Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sources: LeBron decision Thursday

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Again, I don't think there's any hatred involved here. You need to demarcate
    between disapproval of actions and dislike for the person. Of course, personal
    behavior can lead to dislike of the person (e.g., see Travis Henry), but a deemed
    inappropriate press conference isn't enough for that. I have seen qualities in
    LeBron that I like, too. But that is not the point here . . .

-----
    I'm not saying everyone in this thread hates him, but a few of these posts seem to make it pretty clear how they feel about him. And the posters in question haven't debated that point yet so it leads me to feel I might be onto something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    BINGO! What LeBron has proven to me is that he can't win a championship without significant help. Kobe can win titles largely as THE star. Michael Jordan did. Hakeem Olajuwon did. LeBron James can't, not even in the weak-ass NBA Eastern Conference. Not even when Shaq is added to the team. He's an excellent player but he has yet to prove he can win a title.
    This post is so full of falsehoods. First of all, Kobe has NEVER won a championship without another all-star with him. First 3 with Shaq, last 2 with Gasol. Look at the years in between in which Kobe was the only star. He couldn't even get them out of the first round. You swap Kobe and LeBron and I have zero doubt that LeBron has multiple titles and Kobe still has 3. It's not even close how much more talent Kobe has had around him.

As for Jordan, he did have a great rebounder/shot blocker in Rodman and an all-star #2 in Pippen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    This post is so full of falsehoods. First of all, Kobe has NEVER won a championship without another all-star with him. First 3 with Shaq, last 2 with Gasol. Look at the years in between in which Kobe was the only star. He couldn't even get them out of the first round. You swap Kobe and LeBron and I have zero doubt that LeBron has multiple titles and Kobe still has 3. It's not even close how much more talent Kobe has had around him.

As for Jordan, he did have a great rebounder/shot blocker in Rodman and an all-star #2 in Pippen.
    For that reason, I won't be surprised if LeBron joins Wade and Bosh with the
    Heat.

But it takes more than the conglomeration of superstars. For instance, Iverson
    and Anthony never did hit it off on the court, even though they were best of
    friends. Yet Billups, who is not as innately talented as Iverson, and Anthony
    clicked and became the core of a contender. The most talented team doesn't
    always win.

If LeBron does join the Heat, it will be interesting to see how that works out.
    After all, there's only one ball . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    For that reason, I won't be surprised if LeBron joins Wade and Bosh with the
    Heat.

But it takes more than the conglomeration of superstars. For instance, Iverson
    and Anthony never did hit it off on the court, even though they were best of
    friends. Yet Billups, who is not as innately talented as Iverson, and Anthony
    clicked and became the core of a contender. The most talented team doesn't
    always win.

If LeBron does join the Heat, it will be interesting to see how that works out.
    After all, there's only one ball . . .

-----
    It did work in the Olympics. Granted, this is much different than the Olympics, but LeBron/Wade/Bosh have proven that they can play together.

I, personally, think it would be fascinating. If they did gel together and work as a team, they would be impossible to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    BINGO! What LeBron has proven to me is that he can't win a championship without significant help. Kobe can win titles largely as THE star. Michael Jordan did. Hakeem Olajuwon did. LeBron James can't, not even in the weak-ass NBA Eastern Conference. Not even when Shaq is added to the team. He's an excellent player but he has yet to prove he can win a title.
    Best record in the NBA, Coach Of the Year, Shaq, Antwan Jamison.
    The list goes on and on and yet lil' bron cant step up and sink tough shots in opposing teams buildings consistently WITH NO HELP from anyone else on his team like other great players do consistently not once, not twice, not three times, but four! Yeah, FOUR freakin times in one game even with opposing players hands and elbows in his face and double teams, and like i said, no help from anyone else on his team, to close out a series.
    Sorta like a specific player did this last playoff run. Again, with NO HELP from anyone else. Just out on an island, by himself, doin work.

Meanwhile lil' bron was makin another really cool commercial where he jumps from one high rise building to another like superman. So Awsome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

LOL at people still mentioning Shaq. He has been washed up for about 3-4 years now. Jamison? Ok, he's a pretty good player but where was he in the playoffs? LeBron can only do so much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Best record in the NBA, Coach Of the Year, Shaq, Antwan Jamison.
    The list goes on and on and yet lil' bron cant step up and sink tough shots in opposing teams buildings consistently WITH NO HELP from anyone else on his team like other great players do consistently not once, not twice, not three times, but four! Yeah, FOUR freakin times in one game even with opposing players hands and elbows in his face and double teams, and like i said, no help from anyone else on his team, to close out a series.
    Sorta like a specific player did this last playoff run. Again, with NO HELP from anyone else. Just out on an island, by himself, doin work.

Meanwhile lil' bron was makin another really cool commercial where he jumps from one high rise building to another like superman. So Awsome.
    I know you're not talking about the person who went 6-24 in game 7?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I do not hate James - my whole point in starting this thread, posting the article I did, was to state my displeasure towards his EGO, and by this ESPN hour production he will be doing, to NOTHING more than let the world know who he will be playing for, and the following opening comment by him on his new twitter account yesterday ----

"Hello World, the Real King James is in the Building,"

I can't see how anyone does not see his MAJOR EGO

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I know you're not talking about the person who went 6-24 in game 7?
    The same person who scored more points than any other player and had more rebounds than any other Celtic on the court. Yeah, that guy. You know him as Kobe but to the rest of the world hes the MVP and best player in the world by far.
    But who cares bout that? Were talking about the lil' bron super, happy fun hour!!

lol I really find this hilarious. I'm not even mad about it. Obviously hes an attention whore and loves the media and loves himself. Has the chosen one tatooed on him. ROFLMFAOOOOOOOO So everyone already knows hes a primadonna that loves himself. But I just find this hilarious. I'll definatly tune in to Lebrons show tommorow night. Gonna be exciting.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    lol I really find this hilarious. I'm not even mad about it. Obviously hes an attention whore and loves the media and loves himself. Has the chosen one tatooed on him. ROFLMFAOOOOOOOO So everyone already knows hes a primadonna that loves himself. But I just find this hilarious. I'll definatly tune in to Lebrons show tommorow night. Gonna be exciting.
    What tatoo does he have!?!?

What tatoo does he have!?!?
    He has " Chosen one"

@Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    He has " Chosen one"

I never knew this. Honestly, I was half expecting a small tatoo of Obama on his arm or shoulder.
    Unreal. From now on, thats how i will refer to him.
    "The Chosen One" "The Golden Child"
    So special, so messiah-like, his skillz with a ball, yo!?!?!

BTW, WHO!?!? "Chose" this guy!?!?
    Answer=E!SPN/Gatorade.

Jordan didn't win a championship without "significant" help in Pippin, and was in the league 7 YEARS before winning his first championship (btw Kobe couldn't win it forever without Shaq, and by the time he played with James, Shaq was nearly in a wheelchair).

Believe it or not, you can be a great player without winning a championship first. YOu can be a wanted player without having to "prove" with rings. Micheal Jordan was one of the most popular players in the NBA before he sniffed a Championship. Its ridiculous to put James down for the lack of banners in his VERY young career.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

The same person who scored more points than any other player and had more rebounds than any other Celtic on the court. Yeah, that guy. You know him as Kobe but to the rest of the world hes the MVP and best player in the world by far.
    But who cares bout that? Were talking about the lil' bron super, happy fun hour!!
    He's not the best player anymore, and everyone knows that.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information