Page 221 of 289 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4335

Thread: sneakers' "Random Fact of the Day" thread

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    54% of Canadians like to kiss on the first date.

Perhaps Pags will tell us if he kissed his wife on their first date.
    I never kiss and tell!

Mrs Mayor didn't kiss Mr Mayor until their wedding day

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Mrs Mayor didn't kiss Mr Mayor until their wedding day
    how does that work?

4. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    how does that work?
    Well, this would take a long time to explain everything, but I'll try to give the condensed version:

I knew she was the girl I was gonna marry when I started dating her. There was no doubt she was a gift from God, and the one I wanted.

I was a bit of a scoundrel in my younger days. Between the age of 23-28 I partied a lot and slept with more women than I can count (I do not say this to be boastful). Then, when I became a Christian that all changed. I was celibate for about 2 years before I started dating my wife.

My wife came from a very different background, having saved herself for marriage. It seemed agreeable to both of us to not kiss until we knew we were going to be married. This wasn't put on us by anyone but ourselves.

It was also not a long engagement, or it would have been torture. I actually proposed to her on Christmas Eve, which was 9 months after we started dating, and then 3 months later we were married on March 27th (yes, today is our anniversary). I was in my early 30's, and she was in her late 20's. We felt as though it was pointless to wait a long time if we both wanted to get married.

This is how I felt about all of it: I had been a pretty big dirt ball in my twenties and wanted to do it differently. We believed that physical intimacy wouldn't be hard to figure out once we were married, and that what we really needed to figure out was whether or not we could be good friends. We already knew we were attracted to each other.

We did have to set certain boundaries to honor our commitment. For one, when we went on dates it was always in a public place. We were never alone at her house or mine. We also were never out past midnight.

I believe that figuring out sexual compatibility is complete hogwash. Learning whether or not two people can be friends is the important thing. Sexual intimacy can complicate that learning process. How many people have remained in a relationship far too long because of sex, knowing full well they were with someone they would never marry?

I believe when you you love someone, and are attracted to someone, the sex is not hard to figure out AT ALL. That's like saying it's hard to figure out how to eat a medium rare piece of prime rib when you're hungry. My wife and I had no problem figuring it out. Even though our first few kisses were awkward and funny, it didn't take long at all to kick in to high gear. Let's just say I was physically exhausted and nearly dehydrated by the end of our honeymoon.

Looking back on it I am really grateful it worked out the way it did. When I go out of town, or come home late from work my wife doesn't worry about me being like the guy I was in my past. She trusts me......she knows if I had the ability to control myself when we were dating that I could control myself for a few days or few weeks when I'm away from her.

I don't believe any of this makes me better than anyone else. I just believe that God gave me a lot of grace to do it that way. In of myself it would have been really hard. I give the credit to the Lord for changing me. I don't claim to be a religious zealot, but only a man who has been deeply changed by the amazing grace of God.

Edit: I realize this isn't the forum for "religous" discussion. I was just answering a question, so please let me know if you're going to delete this so I can copy and paste it elsewhere. I have no intention of getting into a debate in this thread. I just wanted to answer a question.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-27-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: clarification

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Happy Anniversary!

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

I always thought it was much simpler to bang on the first date.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Less than 1% of people put on trial by the Spanish Inquisition were executed
    And the 99% that were tried and not executed were treated great by their oppressors

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

The bird seen here, is called a vulture when it is up in the air, but a buzzard once it has landed.

13. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Bonus fact for the day: 78% of people would rather find 5 dollars in their pocket than have their local WNBA team win the WNBA championship.

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Cats require 5x more protein in their diet than dogs

Cats require 5x more protein in their diet than dogs
    I thought sneaks would provide us with an Easter fact of the day but I guess that would be too much work for the lazy sloth.

Allow me.

76% of people who eat a chocolate bunny start at the ears.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I thought sneaks would provide us with an Easter fact of the day but I guess that would be too much work for the lazy sloth.

Allow me.

76% of people who eat a chocolate bunny start at the ears.
    March 31st is the most common date for Easter from the last 300 years

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

The vice president lives in the Naval Observatory. Before 1977, the Vice president was not provided a residence and had to find his own accommodations

21. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Cows always face north or face south while grazing

23. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Cows always face north or face south while grazing
    I just saw a cow grazing northwesterly. I helped him though, taught him the correct method.
    Last edited by Pudge; 04-11-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    Free Hotcarl!

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information