Page 284 of 289 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 ... LastLast
Results 4,246 to 4,260 of 4335

Thread: sneakers' "Random Fact of the Day" thread

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Mammoths didn't go extinct until 1,000 years After the Egyptian Pyramids were built.
    Crazy isn't it?

A small group of them survived on an island off the coast of Siberia well past all the others.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Did the long toothed Sabre cat make it?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Did the long toothed Sabre cat make it?
    Negative.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Negative.
    I think one did. And it lives with me.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I think one did. And it lives with me.
    Teeth are too small. Maybe possessed by one?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Teeth are too small. Maybe possessed by one?
    I filed them down as to not be killed by her.

I took my niece golf ball hunting and we ran into a bobcat. The cat wasn’t scared but I wasn’t either. We shared mutual respect. We also saw an owl family. What amazing birds.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

A blue whale's heart can weigh over 1,000 pounds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Britain's first satellite launched into orbit in 1962 was accidentally destroyed weeks later by an American atomic bomb test in the upper atmosphere.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Britain's first satellite launched into orbit in 1962 was accidentally destroyed weeks later by an American atomic bomb test in the upper atmosphere.
    That's a great Fact of the Day sneaks.

To add to this story....

The satellites name was Ariel 1. It marked Britain as the 3rd country to place a satellite in orbit after the U.S. and USSR.

It was manufactured jointly by the United States and Britain proving the UK was incapable of making a satellite on its own.

It was launched into orbit aboard an American rocket proving the British cannot launch a rocket without U.S. support.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    That's a great Fact of the Day sneaks.

To add to this story....

The satellites name was Ariel 1. It marked Britain as the 3rd country to place a satellite in orbit after the U.S. and USSR.

It was manufactured jointly by the United States and Britain proving the UK was incapable of making a satellite on its own.

It was launched into orbit aboard an American rocket proving the British cannot launch a rocket without U.S. support.
    Yeah, that really sounds like a British person was working with an American team who sent a satellite into space

I suppose it makes a change, you guys usually cling to our coat tails and take the credit, like WW2

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Yeah, that really sounds like a British person was working with an American team who sent a satellite into space

I suppose it makes a change, you guys usually cling to our coat tails and take the credit, like WW2
    Wait a minute...like when we had to send your bitch ass equipment and supplies, even before we were in the war? We didn't trust your drunk ass PM and that was a cause of delay, and we still helped out. Winston Churchill's an overrated drunken loser and you're a POS.

Great men died so you could vacation all the god damn time, you ******* monster. Oh, and some brits died, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wait a minute...like when we had to send your bitch ass equipment and supplies, even before we were in the war? We didn't trust your drunk ass PM and that was a cause of delay, and we still helped out. Winston Churchill's an overrated drunken loser and you're a POS.

Great men died so you could vacation all the god damn time, you ******* monster. Oh, and some brits died, too.
    Exactly like I said, riding the coattails!!!

And those supplies you graciously sent, allowed us the halt the nazi westward advance, all by ourselves.

You’re welcome!!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Exactly like I said, riding the coattails!!!

And those supplies you graciously sent, allowed us the halt the nazi westward advance, all by ourselves.

You’re welcome!!
    You did it all by yourselves with our shit? Incredibly usage of "all by ourselves."

They ain't want the smoke from the ole U.S. of A. Then they ****** up and brought down the wrath on that ass. They wanted to fight the second stringers. Know your role and shut your mouth you disrespectful cretin. When did Jay Cutler get the gall to call out Elway? When did Derek Carr call out Peyton Manning? The AUDACITY of YOU! God dammit, Val. We should have let them smoke your ******* boots and been done with the land of shitty food and the inferior form of football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

You did it all by yourselves with our shit? Incredibly usage of "all by ourselves."

They ain't want the smoke from the ole U.S. of A. Then they ****** up and brought down the wrath on that ass. They wanted to fight the second stringers. Know your role and shut your mouth you disrespectful cretin. When did Jay Cutler get the gall to call out Elway? When did Derek Carr call out Peyton Manning? The AUDACITY of YOU! God dammit, Val. We should have let them smoke your ******* boots and been done with the land of shitty food and the inferior form of football.
    One word, coattails.

Coattails I tell ya

Good day

22. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

the land of shitty food
    Be real. The food deserves more credit. For example, the McRib. That's from Britain I think, you can tell by the Mc-.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information