Thread: Getting Autistics Jobs and Off Public Assistance

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

Default Getting Autistics Jobs and Off Public Assistance

Shop Denver Broncos Super Bowl Gear
    Autism Ambassadors Corps Internet Radio (7/8/15)

Jason and Sam & Erin will be discussing Social Skills and being Social with attention paid to how the autistic wiring contributes to the trials and tribulations of being Social.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/autisti...kills--8pm-pst

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

As I mentioned in Part 1, I’m skipping over Part 2 for now because the content of Part 3 is a higher priority to most of my group’s members. So I’m making this post here in order to “reserve this space” for Part 2 when I do present it.

Jason and Sam & Erin will be discussing Social Skills and being Social with attention paid to how the autistic wiring contributes to the trials and tribulations of being Social.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

With this being my 1st time doing a full length teaching on the subject of why Autistics/Aspies struggle so much in the area of employment, and what can be done about it, Iíll admit that I got side tracked with several of the subtopic. That, and the fact that a lot of audience members really needed to vent their frustration at the inept system thatís supposed to be helping us, meant that we did get side tracked a few times. That said, Iím very happy this the information contained in this video.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

Thanks to the information in this 4th part of this series of videos, I have been able to devise 2 plausible courses of action to regain my financial independence. Unfortunately, 1 has already struck out and the other has suffered a major setback. However, I believe that the 2nd course of action can still come to fruition. I need to do a risk/reward assessment with those who I trust to give me wise council before I officially announce anything on line.

Nevertheless, this illustrates the value of us Autistics/Aspies sitting down for an exchange of knowledge and experiences. Although my fist course of action I devised on my own as I was contemplating the content of my outline, the 2nd course of action came to me as a direct result of information that 1 of the group members shared. This validates me pushing to get Autistics/Aspies together to have discussions like we are having in this series.

Adopted Bronco:
    PAXTON LYNCH

I'm proud of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I would pretend I had to work late and then go to BWW.

8. The Following User High Fived Von Kinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley "Shut Down" Roby

How do you feel about having non aspie professionals advocate for

A) you
    B) other aspies with a different range of social, emotional or cognitive challenges in comparison to others without autism
    "My dream is for Slim and Dave to gain that biblical knowledge at the same time." Spikerman

"Elections are coming down to who promises the most "free" shit to the largest group of the least deserving." Chazoe60

"I reject the implication that lube and pink dildos aren't useful." Buff

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

A) you
    B) other aspies with a different range of social, emotional or cognitive challenges in comparison to others without autism
    Iíve made repeated references to a general purpose 12 program that I attended for co-dependency, off and on from the mid 80ís through the 90ís, that was instrumental in the development of my social skills. Out of the dozens of individuals that spoke into my life during those meetings, I can only think of 2 that I now think may be undiagnosed Autistics/Aspies. However, I have no reason to suspect Mamma Betty and Papa Joe (who took over as directors of the group shortly before I started attending) were Autistics/Aspies. Iíve also got wise insights on social issues from various religious leaders, both cleric and laymen alike, most of whom are definitely not Autistic/Aspie.

The professionals that I have issues with are the ones who think that their non-Autistic point-of-view, which is the point-of-view of the textbooks and ďAutism/Aspergerís experts who teach the teachers,Ē is the only point-of-view that they need. When we object to some of their assessment of theirs that we believe to be less than 100% accurate, they blow us off like weíre a bunch of mentally ill schizophrenics with a delusional perception of reality. They can say all they want that they acknowledge that Autism isnít a ďmental illness,Ē but this claim of ďunderstandingĒ means nothing to me if they treat us like we are whenever we object to what they are saying about us.

Dr. Woodruff, who is definitely a non-Autistic/Aspie, has been instrumental in helping me understand the neuro-science of Autism. He works with us in the exact opposite manner as the professional mentioned above, bring a note pad (now IPad) with him to our meetings so he make notes on all of the information that we share with each other that he finds particularly insightful. This is why heís one of a handful of non-Autistic/Aspies that I hold in high regard.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brock Osweiler

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

A) you
    Oops, miss read your post. I thought you were asking about them advising us on social skills issues. Nevertheless, you can still derive the answers to your actual questiion from my previous responce

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information