Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Guidelines regarding posting pictures of dead bodies in sigs, avvy and posts

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    No, as long as we allow religiously related signatures, I think a picture of Jesus (or what most believe his likeness to be) is fine. However, if someone was clearly putting up an image of Jesus with some comments or in some other way clearly trying to inflame Christians on the board, that is where the mod's "latitude" in determining if it is allowed will come in.

Two things to keep in mind:

1. As a general rule, we don't want to be any more restrictive that is absolutely necessary.
    2. It isn't ok for people to go out of their way to try and inflame select individuals or entire groups of individuals out of some type of sport or meanness.

Ok.... In keeping with this train of thought here TNed, i'm thinking that...

Well, lets all be honest here. This is all about Beef's Che Gueveara sig.

Now that Beef MUST remove his sig Escobar is free to proudly display Che all he wants. This is clearly meant to inflame posters, most specifically Beef, so would it not in essence be against these rules for Che to appear in sigs and avys at all?

This clearly is the point of Escobar, and clearly was the reason Beef put the pic in his sig in the first place. Since this sig and avy is intended for no other reason than to inflame the Non-Communists on this board it should not be allowed.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I think it's stupid we're even debating this topic. If people don't like seeing dead bodies in avatars and signatures, they can turn their damn avatars and sigs OFF. Don't punish everyone just because a few friggin babies don't like it. Quit trying to appease the minority. Make the minority make changes to adapt to the way the majority likes things. That's how it SHOULD be.
    exactly.. I turn off sigs and avatars because it slows down the loading times.
    So really I dont even notice it. As far as the pics I dont care either way.
    As far as the minority/majority thing. I agree completely as long as people dont Intentioally try to hurt another person. Which I think is out of common courtesy, and in this case it seemed it was intended to do just that.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Personally I don't think this is community issue. It about two individuals attempting to annoy each other. (I am not taking sides) The image in question isn't something that wouldn't make the 6 o'clock news or front page of newspaper, so I don't have an issue with it.

I think the little I know of the board, the mods can recognize those images that are to graphic to be displayed and ask the them to removed.

My vote is not to censor the images as a whole.

5. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

are we allowed to be funny in here?

cuz i got a really good 1 i can drop

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by yardog View Post
    We if I'm following your logic I would have to agree with Beefs picture and say a dead Che is a good Che for the things he did. So therefore it supports what I believe in.

Valid point but i think a tombstone or a che picture with a slash through it would suffice for what that purpose. A dead body just isnt appropriate to make that statement.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

keep in mind that to say he did "good" things or "bad" is really buried in the opinions of fellow members....

Its 2 different opinions clashing here that spawned all of this. If i wanted to be an offensive person i would have a pic of George Bush with a red line thru it... solely based on my opinion of him...

Opinions are like coconuts, ...................

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Ok.... In keeping with this train of thought here TNed, i'm thinking that...

Well, lets all be honest here. This is all about Beef's Che Gueveara sig.

Now that Beef MUST remove his sig Escobar is free to proudly display Che all he wants. This is clearly meant to inflame posters, most specifically Beef, so would it not in essence be against these rules for Che to appear in sigs and avys at all?

This clearly is the point of Escobar, and clearly was the reason Beef put the pic in his sig in the first place. Since this sig and avy is intended for no other reason than to inflame the Non-Communists on this board it should not be allowed.
    Than beef needs to find another means of representing his dislike of Che. Not that hard really.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBronkHoes View Post
    keep in mind that to say he did "good" things or "bad" is really buried in the opinions of fellow members....

Its 2 different opinions clashing here that spawned all of this. If i wanted to be an offensive person i would have a pic of George Bush with a red line thru it... solely based on my opinion of him...

Opinions are like coconuts, ...................
    I am a Bush supporter (not of everything he has or hasn't done)but I did
    vote for him both times...if you had a pic of him with a red line through it,I
    wouldn't care at all.That wouldn't bother most people on here that support him...if any at all.

BTW-Opinions are like coconuts? I have heard of them being
    like something else but not coconuts.

I didn't think Beef's sig pic was bad...to me it looked like a drawing of some sorts.I do agree with what Davii posted in his last post. #31

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Than beef needs to find another means of representing his dislike of Che. Not that hard really.
    I think you missed the point Davii was trying to make...maybe not!

13. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

This is such a ridiculous arguement! For Pete's sake...if you don't like what people put in their sigs and avatars, turn them shits off.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Do any of you guys have an issue with a smiley flying an airplane? If so, I will change it.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    Do any of you guys have an issue with a smiley flying an airplane? If so, I will change it.
    well if it had Che in the airplane...it would be alot more acceptable!
    As it is right now...Yes I am a little upset with it...

18. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    well if it had Che in the airplane...it would be alot more acceptable!
    As it is right now...Yes I am a little upset with it...
    Well, I was going to use Lenin's Tomb picture, but I already know who the communists are.

20. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Mr Stewart,

Your signature offends me. Please remove it or a formal complaint with upper moderation will be filed. TIA.

James
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Mr Stewart,

Your signature offends me. Please remove it or a formal complaint with upper moderation will be filed. TIA.

James
    No. Your sig is violent. What Mr. McCaffrey did to that defenseless man was horrible.

23. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information