Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 207

Thread: Proposal: Guidelines regarding posting pictures of dead bodies in sigs, avvy and posts

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Live Oak, FL
    Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    My logic is "live" bodies, not dead or mutilated bodies!
    So if put a picture of Jesus hanging on the cross in my signature would you say I have no right to display the picture because he is dead or even worse dying?
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

    Gem's Yardog.

  2. The Following User High Fived yardog For This Post:

    GEM

  3. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    not to be sarcastic. This is something i really wonder about!
    But there are a lot of pictures of paintings with Jesus Christ dead. Should they also not be allowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by yardog View Post
    So if put a picture of Jesus hanging on the cross in my signature would you say I have no right to display the picture because he is dead or even worse dying?
    No, as long as we allow religiously related signatures, I think a picture of Jesus (or what most believe his likeness to be) is fine. However, if someone was clearly putting up an image of Jesus with some comments or in some other way clearly trying to inflame Christians on the board, that is where the mod's "latitude" in determining if it is allowed will come in.

    Two things to keep in mind:

    1. As a general rule, we don't want to be any more restrictive that is absolutely necessary.
    2. It isn't ok for people to go out of their way to try and inflame select individuals or entire groups of individuals out of some type of sport or meanness.

  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  5. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach
    Posts
    20,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Two things to keep in mind:

    1. As a general rule, we don't want to be any more restrictive that is absolutely necessary.
    2. It isn't ok for people to go out of their way to try and inflame select individuals or entire groups of individuals out of some type of sport or meanness.
    I think the entire issue really stemmed from having said photos in a sig or avatar, the reason being that there was no way to 'get away' from those pictures without turning off sigs & avys. A single post will not have the same impact as repeatedly seeing an image (and if the picture is posted repeatedly, that could be considered spamming and already subject to the rules). In the interest of being the least restrictive possible, I think eliminating the restriction on individual posts is an idea worth kicking over. In context, the issues where a post of a dead body comes into play are few and far between.

    As for the honoring the dead, I don't see why it has to be a dead body/casket picture anyway. I know that's not how my father would want to be remembered. One can honor the dead with other pictures and with words. Yardog's sig has always stuck with me. If you want a way to honor the dead, that's the way to go.

  6. The Following 4 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:


  7. #19

    Default

    i dont see the reason to honor ANY dead body.... If u feel so strong about Jesus Christ and Ronald Reagan to where u need to make it absolutely publically known, you should be on a religious or political message board

  8. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I think the entire issue really stemmed from having said photos in a sig or avatar, the reason being that there was no way to 'get away' from those pictures without turning off sigs & avys. A single post will not have the same impact as repeatedly seeing an image (and if the picture is posted repeatedly, that could be considered spamming and already subject to the rules). In the interest of being the least restrictive possible, I think eliminating the restriction on individual posts is an idea worth kicking over. In context, the issues where a post of a dead body comes into play are few and far between.

    As for the honoring the dead, I don't see why it has to be a dead body/casket picture anyway. I know that's not how my father would want to be remembered. One can honor the dead with other pictures and with words. Yardog's sig has always stuck with me. If you want a way to honor the dead, that's the way to go.

    exactly......

  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    34,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Could you elaborate? Ridiculous that people think they need to post pictures of dead bodies? Ridiculous that people object to the posting of dead bodies? Some place in between?
    I think it's stupid we're even debating this topic. If people don't like seeing dead bodies in avatars and signatures, they can turn their damn avatars and sigs OFF. Don't punish everyone just because a few friggin babies don't like it. Quit trying to appease the minority. Make the minority make changes to adapt to the way the majority likes things. That's how it SHOULD be.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  10. The Following 6 Users High Fived SR For This Post:


  11. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Just north of the Mexican Border
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I think it's stupid we're even debating this topic. If people don't like seeing dead bodies in avatars and signatures, they can turn their damn avatars and sigs OFF. Don't punish everyone just because a few friggin babies don't like it. Quit trying to appease the minority. Make the minority make changes to adapt to the way the majority likes things. That's how it SHOULD be.
    Man, you heard bush say that word now its stuck on to you. And the ''majority'' didn't want it.

    I personally don't mind. I appreciate it infact.

  12. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    34,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Man, you heard bush say that word now its stuck on to you. And the ''majority'' didn't want it.

    I personally don't mind. I appreciate it infact.
    Uh, it has nothing to do with our President. It has to do with appeasing the majority to keep the majority of the core posters here happy, not the minority few. Keep the core of the posters happy, have a good message board. Appease the minority, piss off the core, the message board goes to shit. Same way with economics.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

    GEM

  14. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Laying around
    Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em
    Posts
    7,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I think it's stupid we're even debating this topic. If people don't like seeing dead bodies in avatars and signatures, they can turn their damn avatars and sigs OFF. Don't punish everyone just because a few friggin babies don't like it. Quit trying to appease the minority. Make the minority make changes to adapt to the way the majority likes things. That's how it SHOULD be.
    The majority is against it according to Tned's OP.

    I am against it and I'm not a baby.

    I don't like dead bodies and I don't want to turn off sigs because I like most of the sigs and want to see them.
    Merry.

  15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:


  16. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    I really don't even notice the dead bodies and stuff

    I don't pay attn to sigs/avis much. But people getting hurt feelings and thats understandable.
    @Tnedator


    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

  17. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Woods
    Posts
    25,360

    Default

    Beef has changed his Sig, so I imagine that it won't ever be an issue again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  18. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Don't punish everyone just because a few friggin babies don't like it. Quit trying to appease the minority. Make the minority make changes to adapt to the way the majority likes things. That's how it SHOULD be.
    You've made that false claim a couple times now, about appeasing the minority. In this case, clearly the majority of people that participated don't want to view dead bodies.

    Actually, if we simply allow dead bodies in sigs, which the minority want, and tell the majority turn off sig images if you don't want to see it, then we will IN FACT be doing what you claim, and that is appeasing the minority.

    Not sure why you are locked onto this appeasing the minority thing, when the whole reason I have the town hall discussions is so that I can get a feel for what the community as a whole, or failing that, a clear majority wants.

  19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  20. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    51,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Man, you heard bush say that word now its stuck on to you. And the ''majority'' didn't want it.

    I personally don't mind. I appreciate it infact.
    Here's an idea, start adding something to Town Hall discussions, or don't participate. I think we have all had enough of your drive by one liners and accusations in the Town Hall threads, rather than participating in a meaningful way.

  21. The Following 6 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:


  22. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You've made that false claim a couple times now, about appeasing the minority. In this case, clearly the majority of people that participated don't want to view dead bodies.

    Actually, if we simply allow dead bodies in sigs, which the minority want, and tell the majority turn off sig images if you don't want to see it, then we will IN FACT be doing what you claim, and that is appeasing the minority.

    Not sure why you are locked onto this appeasing the minority thing, when the whole reason I have the town hall discussions is so that I can get a feel for what the community as a whole, or failing that, a clear majority wants.
    I think he wishes that you would just do what he wants.
    @Tnedator


    RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

  23. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:


  24. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    31,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    We have had a Town Hall discussion open for about two weeks in regards to whether or not displaying images of dead bodies is appropriate.

    This subject seems to have first come up when someone put the body of Che in his sig, and then there was retaliation in the form of posting dead/mutilated bodies in other threads.

    The results of the discussion were:
    • 4 people were in favor of allowing dead bodies in any situation
    • 3 stated that it depended. As an example, one person said that a peaceful looking corpse would be ok, where a mutilated one would not.
    • 2 stated they didnít care one way or another
    • 11 were against displaying dead bodies


    While it should be well known by now that I donít accept the validity of polls for making important forum decisions, as the poll results are generally wrong for many reasons (wording of poll, people voting before reading discussion or even points/questions raised in original post, mistakes/choosing wrong option), here are the results of the poll for informational purposes. It should be noted that a couple prime examples of why poll data is not used in making forum decisions is that one poster said that s/he voted no, because "I donít care" wasnít an option, and another was clearly against dead bodies being displayed, but s/he accidentally voted yes to allow it. I bring these up not because the posters did anything wrong, but to reinforce some of the problems with relying on polls to determine forum decisions.

    The poll results were 33 against displaying dead bodies, 12 in favor of displaying dead bodies.

    Please note for future discussion, it is critical that if you want your opinion/vote to count, you must join the discussion and make clear your feeling on the subject, and ideally state why your feel the way you do (in regards to why something should or shouldnít be implemented by the forum).

    So, after reading all of the discussion on this subject, the following amendment to the rules is being proposed. I will keep this thread open until next weekend to receive comment on it, and then will make this rule, or a variant of it (based on comments here) effective at that time.

    The following Amendment/interpretation guideline has been added to the rules. Please review:
    TNed,

    Excellent job explaining, especially the poll portion.

    For clarities sake, while it is acceptablt to post a picture of a casket or tomb, my assumption is it would be unacceptable to post the same of an open casket viewing?

    For instance the posting of a picture of an open casket, whether showing the corpse therein or not, is unacceptable?

    Would this ruling then prohibit the posting of pictures of those passed before they were gone from this world?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. i need some help posting some pictures.....
    By underrated29 in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 03:20 PM
  2. Dead bodies in sigs and avatars
    By dogfish in forum Town Hall Discussion
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. Dead Bodies
    By NameUsedBefore in forum Town Hall Discussion
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group