Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Guidelines regarding posting pictures of dead bodies in sigs, avvy and posts

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    Well, obviously the right decison was made.
    You mean throwing away a run at the playoffs by putting a rookie in

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You mean throwing away a run at the playoffs by putting a rookie in
    To get killed in the first round? Jake was having an awful year. Jay played about where jake would have.

3. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

To get killed in the first round? Jake was having an awful year. Jay played about where jake would have.
    I'm a "get to the playoffs and anything can happen" kind of guy, but you are right about Jake having an awful year, and Jay played pretty well, wins/losses aside and there is no guarantee we would have gotten in with Jake, since the defense stopped winning games for the team in the second half.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Agreed. People tend to forget that Jake had a chance to be the hero when he came in for a hurt Cutler against San Fran only to throw a INT on his first pass. Technically, Cutler should of been playing after Jake's awesome 4 turnover game against the Rams in week 1.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I liked our defense a lot better during the first 6 games of the year that Jake started.
    Then after that it went to hell which made Jake lose more and more games.
    And put Jay in.

I wish Jay started the whole year.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I'm a "get to the playoffs and anything can happen" kind of guy, but you are right about Jake having an awful year, and Jay played pretty well, wins/losses aside and there is no guarantee we would have gotten in with Jake, since the defense stopped winning games for the team in the second half.
    That is my other argument. The defense was soooo bad, that it would have not mattered if 7 came back. Shanny knew this, and Cutty was going to start the next year anyway, and coupled with Jake's decidedly below average play, it was a no-brainer.

Plus, lets not kid ourselves. Jake was mailing it in there at the end.

10. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

That is my other argument. The defense was soooo bad, that it would have not mattered if 7 came back. Shanny knew this, and Cutty was going to start the next year anyway, and coupled with Jake's decidedly below average play, it was a no-brainer.

Plus, lets not kid ourselves. Jake was mailing it in there at the end.
    I don't subscribe the the Jake was mailing it in talk. People said that as early as the AFCCG or earlier and anyone that watched the game could see that wasn't the case. He might have had limited talent, but he played his heart out.

Your other points are dead on.

Anyway, we should probably get back to talking about corpses. Sorry for getting us off topic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I don't subscribe the the Jake was mailing it in talk. People said that as early as the AFCCG or earlier and anyone that watched the game could see that wasn't the case. He might have had limited talent, but he played his heart out.

Your other points are dead on.

Anyway, we should probably get back to talking about corpses. Sorry for getting us off topic.
    Okay one more point:

During the game, Jake tried. People in jail also tried. It was his preperation during the week that sucked. Thus, he mailed it in.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You know, I honestly think this is the first time a thread has ever been derailed by actually talking about football.

Congratulations guys, it's a new era for the forums.

14. The Following 8 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Okay one more point:

During the game, Jake tried. People in jail also tried. It was his preperation during the week that sucked. Thus, he mailed it in.
    We really do not know about his prep now do we.. Seems it was damned fine all year.

IMO the OLINE mailed it in, along with the RB's and our defense certainly did no one any favors by allowing Ben to set a NFL record on making 3rd and long completions..

NO ONE played well in that game, the beginning of the end for not only Jake but many others also..

16. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Because I think when it comes to this political stuff, there are going to have to be judgement calls, or have all political stuff outlawed. Since I would hate to have us rule that people can't fly their Obama or Ron Paul sigs anymore, I think the only choice is to give some lattitude to the mods in determining if an image is creating enough of a reaction that it is disrupting the message board. The che dead body sig and mutilated body postings in retaliation are perfect examples. Their existance disrupted the message board.

I might add, for the assurance of the members here, that I can't imagine
    any one of us Mods making such judgment calls without submitting the issue
    to the the other Mods and Admin for their input and discussion. I think I can
    speak for all the Mods in that this will virtually always be the case . . . I say
    "virtually" because "always" is a very big word, but I cannot imagine a case
    where we would not take the others into advisement.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

18. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I might add, for the assurance of the members here, that I can't imagine
    any one of us Mods making such judgment calls without submitting the issue
    to the the other Mods and Admin for their input and discussion. I think I can
    speak for all the Mods in that this will virtually always be the case . . . I say
    "virtually" because "always" is a very big word, but I cannot imagine a case
    where we would not take the others into advisement.

-----
    I can say that I know of no instance that a mod acted arbitrarily in asking a member to remove an avy or Sig.

I can also say that there have been many discussions about this same topic and in some cases we did not always have the same opinion..

20. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Uh, it has nothing to do with our President. It has to do with appeasing the majority to keep the majority of the core posters here happy, not the minority few. Keep the core of the posters happy, have a good message board. Appease the minority, piss off the core, the message board goes to shit. Same way with economics.
    If you consider it that way, sorry.

I did not vote. I refused to vote. So, my feelings were not on record. The night that I first saw the photo I had an emotional reaction and was quite angry. But my feelings changed after I had slept on it. I was no longer angry and considered it good that somebody decided to remind the board of somebody's sacrifice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    If you consider it that way, sorry.

I did not vote. I refused to vote. So, my feelings were not on record. The night that I first saw the photo I had an emotional reaction and was quite angry. But my feelings changed after I had slept on it. I was no longer angry and considered it good that somebody decided to remind the board of somebody's sacrifice.
    You're so far out there I really have no idea how on Earth to respond to that post. For starters, I wasn't talking to or about you.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Ok, I finally read about this guy. He helped put Castro in power, great guy, only thousands of people have drowned or risked drowning to try and escape the brutal dictatorship that he helped install. All this about a murder that died 40 years ago. Amazing.

Anyway, as I have said before, this isn't about some murder that died 40 years ago and is revered by a fringe group. It is about whether or not displaying corpses in signatures is acceptable in this message board and if it should, where is the line drawn (peaceful corpse vs. mutilated corpse). Up to this point, some people chimed in and those that did made it clear, they didn't want to see corpses displayed.

If anyone thinks that feeling (not wishing to view corpses) DOESN'T represent the vast majority view of the message board, then s/he needs to get the word out for those that think corpses in sigs is appropriate to come in here an state why.

This is about corpses, not some guy that ruined the lives of so many.

24. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information