Thread: Congrats Skinny to your Gamecocks CWS Championship!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default Congrats Skinny to your Gamecocks CWS Championship!!

SEC does it again! Congrats to your Gamecocks on their CWS Championship and their first at that!

Game was close and I thought the way the Bruins were hitting, they would get that game! Gamecocks came back and were clutch.

2. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

USC has won enough national championship in enough collage sports. Nice to see someone else win.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    J.D. Walton

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    USC has won enough national championship in enough collage sports. Nice to see someone else win.
    They were playing the other LA school, not USC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh View Post
    They were playing the other LA school, not USC.
    My bad. I actually forgot which team they beat, so quickly googled for an article. I didn't think I need to check the credentials of the source of the 1st article to cross my eyes. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I went and regoogled after reading your post and your right, the source of no reputation that I used lead me astray.

In any case, UCLA was also won enough national championship in enough collage sports. Therefore, its still nice to see someone else win.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Boy who lost cancer fight inspires Gamecocks

I thought this was a great story, and they showed the family at the game.

http://archive.deseretnews.com/artic...ocks.html?pg=2

OMAHA, Neb. — Bayler Teal loved the South Carolina Gamecocks. And, they sure loved him.

The little boy inspired the ballplayers with his passion for the team, and how he courageously and without complaint fought cancer.

The team adopted him. Players visited him. He threw out the first pitch of a game in March. When the Gamecocks break team huddles, the players chant "1-2-3-BAYLER." They also wear his initials on their caps.

Bayler's two-year battle against neuroblastoma, a rare form of cancer, ended last week. The 7-year-old died Thursday, about the same time the Gamecocks were rallying to beat Oklahoma in a 12-inning elimination game after being down to their last strike. Bayler was wearing his Gamecocks cap the day he died.

"He fought like a Gamecock to the very end," said Bayler's dad, Rob Teal.

South Carolina coach Ray Tanner paid tribute to Bayler after the Gamecocks beat UCLA 2-1 in 11 innings Tuesday night to win the national championship.

"He's gone to a greater place now," Tanner said. "I'm sure he's watching down on us right now, smiling."

With South Carolina winning a spot in the best-of-three College World Series finals last Saturday, a movement started among Gamecocks fans to pay for Rob and Risha Teal and 5-year-old son Bridges to attend the games against UCLA at Rosenblatt Stadium.

A flight cancellation looked as if it would scuttle the Bishopville, S.C., family's travel plans, but a person who knew their story, Ashley Gilfillan of Irmo, S.C., offered to pay for a private plane to bring them to Omaha. They arrived for the second inning of Game 1 on Monday and will be here until the CWS' final out.

"The whole baseball team followed him, and they were a real good support system for him," Rob said. "We can't put into words how thankful we are for what everybody has done for us."

The connection between the Gamecocks and Teal family is associate head coach Chad Holbrook, whose son, Reece, is a childhood leukemia survivor.

Bayler's funeral was Sunday, and Rob and Risha hadn't seen Holbrook since Bayler died. Holbrook, other coaches and the players embraced the Teals when they walked onto the field after Monday's 7-1 win.

"I don't think the team could begin to understand how much it means," Rob said. "This is such a tough time for all of us, and it is uplifting to know how much they cared about Bayler.

"It's bittersweet. It makes you want Bayler to be here that much more because he would have loved this."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

USC did win it all. A different USC though.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thanks for the congrats Nomad. It's was an incredible 11-1 stretch from the Regional to the Super Regional to CWS Champs. It's a great time to be Gamecock fan.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Thanks for the congrats Nomad. It's was an incredible 11-1 stretch from the Regional to the Super Regional to CWS Champs. It's a great time to be Gamecock fan.
    I didn't follow the CWS like I usually do so I read up on the Gamecocks voyage to the Championship and it's quite impressive. The Gamecocks will forever be in Rosenblatt's history books as the last team to win a CWSCG there....sad to see the old place go!!

BTW, touching story Carol!!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information