Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good news!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Good news!

Didn't know where to post this, so I'll just put it here. I got past the first round for a graphic design job with the Denver Broncos and have until monday to submit a test! Its a longshot. but I got some free Denver Broncos fonts and a design standards manual for the team. Pretty cool!

I signed up for alerts through the NFL.com jobs system years ago and this is the first Broncos related job to come through. What a sweet gig if I can land it!

The test consists of making a clipping path on a player, a full page ad for the team store, 4 web tiles, and a custom logo for a Broncos charity. I'll post my work when I'm done.

I hope it goes well for you, Shake. This is AWESOME news!
    This space available for lease.

3. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Wow! Good luck to you! I can't wait to see your work and I hope you get the position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

5. The Following User High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

That is pretty sick man. Good luck with that!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Thanks everyone. Like I said the pool of applicants is down to about 30 so its a stretch to think I'll get it, but I know that I am super awesome and that is all that matters.

Its a thrill just to be nominated!

Why is it a stretch man? I don't get it. If you got the skills, which it seems like you do to even be in the running. Then why not ball out and give them all that they can handle.

Maybe its me, but when a situation like this presents itself, my work mind set is that i am going to win, and that i have already won, because the only way I can lose is if i allow another person to beat me. Not because they are better, but because I did not perform how i should have. I dont lose, i hate losing. I can accept it, but i do not like it one bit. Go for gold man. The only thing that can hold you back is yourself.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Do it, Shake! We're pulling for you!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

12. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Good luck, Shake.

Although I would steer away from the unicorn theme. No offense Mr. Luckyhorn.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Why is it a stretch man? I don't get it. If you got the skills, which it seems like you do to even be in the running. Then why not ball out and give them all that they can handle.

Maybe its me, but when a situation like this presents itself, my work mind set is that i am going to win, and that i have already won, because the only way I can lose is if i allow another person to beat me. Not because they are better, but because I did not perform how i should have. I dont lose, i hate losing. I can accept it, but i do not like it one bit. Go for gold man. The only thing that can hold you back is yourself.
    Trust me, I'm plenty confident but I am also realistic. In this job market, there are fantastic designers with 10 years of experience touting themselves as Junior Designers and sucking up jobs for half the pay of what they are used to.

I know if I can get an interview I can get a job (yes, I am that charming) so its just a wait and see approach. I really like my job now, so this would just be a cool thing to have. I'm pretty good either way!

16. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Here are some of my web ads for the team store I will be submitting:

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just sent off my files to be critiqued. Now the waiting game...

Heres my last two pieces. A poster for the team store and a community logo. The logo looks goofy on the jpg in the city (you can see the outlines of my pen tool) but the final I sent in was a vector that looked pristine!

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

21. Default

loving your work man. you would have to be more than a long shot i wish i could design like that

~You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do ~

22. The Following User High Fived OhSnap! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by OhSnap! View Post
    loving your work man. you would have to be more than a long shot i wish i could design like that
    Thank you for the compliment. It would be so cool to be involved with the Broncos on any level, let alone making stuff that everyone at the stadium would see. Eventually I would do the Game Day programs and other things like that. I think they even design the tickets.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. It would be so cool to be involved with the Broncos on any level, let alone making stuff that everyone at the stadium would see. Eventually I would do the Game Day programs and other things like that. I think they even design the tickets.
    Wow. That's like a dream. Good luck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

When do you find out? Is there another round or is this the last "test"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information