Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 MLB Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2008 MLB Draft

2 Eastern...

Where does your team pick...who do you want?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Royals Draft Third.

I really would like to see them get Posey, because I don't think Buck is ever going to hit like Posey can. I wouldn't mind to draft Alvarez...but that's ANOTHER third baseman in the Royals organization...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

I'd like to see the Phillies take a college bat... kind of tired of the "toolsy" high school kids.

Too many question marks to know who may fall to them, but a college bat would be nice.

I think the Royals will take Matusz. Never can have too much pitching, and they need it.
    [

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

If you're the Rays... who do you take?

No clear cut #1 imo... Beckham, Alvarez, Posey, Matusz, Crow, Smoak...
    [

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    If you're the Rays... who do you take?

No clear cut #1 imo... Beckham, Alvarez, Posey, Matusz, Crow, Smoak...
    I really like Posey, but Alvarez is a switch-hitter, but he's automatically pigeon-holed behind Longoria. I guess you could move him to right, because Cliff Floyd isn't the long-term answer there.

Watching Navarro last night, I'd think Posey could replace him in a few years. His throwing arm sucks.

But...knowing their history, they may go with Beckham.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Reds draft 7th.

Hopefully they can grab Canadian Prepster Brett Lawrie. He'd go nice with their other Canadian Joey Votto.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Flatinum View Post
    Reds draft 7th.

Hopefully they can grab Canadian Prepster Brett Lawrie. He'd go nice with their other Canadian Joey Votto.
    I don't think they should spend their first-round pick on him at 7, but they don't have a pick again until 84.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Buster Posey is incredible. I can't see how you wouldn't pick him first. And this is coming from a Tulane fan who saw him tear us apart in the super regionals. His numbers were just plain sick this season. I'd also like to see Tulane pitcher Shooter Hunt get drafted high.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Buster Posey is incredible. I can't see how you wouldn't pick him first. And this is coming from a Tulane fan who saw him tear us apart in the super regionals. His numbers were just plain sick this season. I'd also like to see Tulane pitcher Shooter Hunt get drafted high.
    Hunt could go Top 10.

I would love to see Posey drop to 3. The Royals need a good hitting catcher. I'm hoping the Rays penchant for drafting high school kids will continue to hold true, and that Alvarez does go to the Pirates.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Two local kids here that I've seen personally.

Joe Kassanavoid, P, Lawson High School. Throws low 90s, and is 6-6.

Johnny Coy, OF, Benton High School. Pretty decent hitter.

Kassanavoid is signed on as an "athlete" (should play S) at Kansas State.

Coy is signed to play basketball for Arizona State. Probably a SG. I think he's 6-7.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that the Rays will take high school SS Tim Beckham with the No. 1 pick in Thursday's draft.

Instead of filling a need at catcher with Buster Posey, the Rays will apparently go with the Beckham, a five-tool player who is said to have plenty of baseball smarts and superstar upside. Part of this could be due to Posey supposedly floating $12 million as his asking price.
    Source: St. Petersburg Times

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I don't think they should spend their first-round pick on him at 7, but they don't have a pick again until 84.
    Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the Reds should take this kid.

7. Cincinnati
    The Reds are lining up to throw the first real curveball of the first round. They have been heavily scouting the top group of college sluggers, as well as Gordon Beckham, while also dreaming of a scenario that would drop either Matusz or Crow to them. However, a surprising new name has entered the mix -- the Reds were in hard on Canadian prepster Brett Lawrie after he went off with eight home runs in eight games against professionals in the Dominican, and they came back with reports encouraging enough to prompt a quickly-scheduled private workout on Tuesday afternoon. As one scouting director put it, "If there's anyone who can improve his stock with a private workout, it's Lawrie." Assuming all went as expected, the surprises start at lucky number seven. If they decide to play it safe, Alonso is currently at the top of their board.

Selection: Brett Lawrie, INF, Brookswood SS (BC)

13. The Following User High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

I really like Justin Jeising. I would keep my eyes out for him.

Where do you guys see Ryan Perry out of U of A going? I like this kid a lot too. Very good fastball with movement and great power curve ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Where do you think "Stinky's" kid will go?

Probably second round...
    [

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information