Thread: McBean+NFL+weights=(Holy) Trinit

Default McBean+NFL+weights=(Holy) Trinit

McBean+NFL+weights=(Holy) Trinity
    By MIKE KLIS
    Forgive the Texas Class 5A rivals of Trinity High School in Euless if they believe the rich just got richer.

Trinity has been a football powerhouse, winning three of the past five Class 5A Texas state championships. And now one of their most distinguished alums, Broncos defensive end/tackle Ryan McBean, has just donated enough new equipment to fill a state-of-the-art weight room.

It seems Trinity has achieved all this success with a decrepit weight room. McBean just further pumped up the program by making a donation that was matched by the NFL to give the school $26,000 worth of new weight equipment.

“They did a great job with the weights they had,” McBean, a 14-game starter last year, said in a statement released by the Broncos. “But I just wanted to bless them with something, just to give back to the school that has given me so much.”

“We were just overcome with joy that Ryan would remember us and try to help us,” said Trinity coach Steve Lineweaver.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...sholy-trinity/

sounds like a class act TEAM player to me a keeper.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    McBean+NFL+weights=(Holy) Trinity
    By MIKE KLIS
    Forgive the Texas Class 5A rivals of Trinity High School in Euless if they believe the rich just got richer.

Trinity has been a football powerhouse, winning three of the past five Class 5A Texas state championships. And now one of their most distinguished alums, Broncos defensive end/tackle Ryan McBean, has just donated enough new equipment to fill a state-of-the-art weight room.

It seems Trinity has achieved all this success with a decrepit weight room. McBean just further pumped up the program by making a donation that was matched by the NFL to give the school $26,000 worth of new weight equipment.

“They did a great job with the weights they had,” McBean, a 14-game starter last year, said in a statement released by the Broncos. “But I just wanted to bless them with something, just to give back to the school that has given me so much.”

“We were just overcome with joy that Ryan would remember us and try to help us,” said Trinity coach Steve Lineweaver.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...sholy-trinity/

sounds like a class act TEAM player to me a keeper.
    So that sounds like a class act, a TEAM player and a keeper....but Doom doesn't. Hang on..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Keep him...he comes on the real cheap, his talent is mid to lower mid....but let's grab a bunch of guys like him and build a DYNASTY.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    So that sounds like a class act, a TEAM player and a keeper....but Doom doesn't. Hang on..... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Keep him...he comes on the real cheap, his talent is mid to lower mid....but let's grab a bunch of guys like him and build a DYNASTY.

wow the hate flows to this thread also.

the kid did a great thing for his High school that got him to where he is today.

he is a keeper if he can perform on the field and off the top of my head he will.

6. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

the kid did a great thing for his High school that got him to where he is today.

he is a keeper if he can perform on the field and off the top of my head he will.
    Label me as another of the "haters" hell I'll probably end up on your iggy list, because calling a spade a spade makes one a hater. Not a hater, I just don't like the message they are sending with treating a "team player, who has performed on the field" like they are treating Doom.

And if McBean went off asking for a bigger contract, he'd be just another Doom to you. :shrugs: I'm just showing the inconsistencies in your arguments here.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's see. We had a team full of team players back in the 1980s. The played great together. So well in fact that they got three Super Bowls with only one truly elite player on the entire roster those were the days. Oh did I forget to mention in all three of those Super Bowls the Broncos got their brains beat in. In fact each time Denver played the margin which the opponent won by grew. Yeah that the ticket to Super Bowl victories, scurbs and plenty of them.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-23-2010 at 04:56 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Let's see. We had a team full of team players back in the 1980s. The played great together. So well in fact that they got three Super Bowls with only one truly elite player on the entire roster those were the days. Oh did I forget to mention in all three of those Super Bowls the Broncos got their brains beat in. In fact each time Denver played the margin which the opponent won by grew. Yeah that the ticket to Super Bowl victories, scurbs and plenty of them.
    Ryan McBean was a 3rd round pick for a team that well over a decade of 3-4 history. When they dumped him, we picked him up and let him work as a rotational starter for a year where he looked very solid.

12. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

As one of this site's non-haters who has stayed neutral in the Doom negotiation saga, I would like to commend McBean for being a class act and for using some of that money to the betterment of his community
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Label me as another of the "haters" hell I'll probably end up on your iggy list, because calling a spade a spade makes one a hater. Not a hater, I just don't like the message they are sending with treating a "team player, who has performed on the field" like they are treating Doom.

And if McBean went off asking for a bigger contract, he'd be just another Doom to you. :shrugs: I'm just showing the inconsistencies in your arguments here.
    I can consider Dumervil a class act and still consider McBean one over this, my friend . . .

-----

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Any time these millionaires donate money to causes such as this it's great!

Way to go McBean!!
    Thanks Shake!

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I can consider Dumervil a class act and still consider McBean one over this, my friend . . .

-----
    You can....unfortunately JR doesn't, which just screams hypocrisy.

18. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

You can....unfortunately JR doesn't, which just screams hypocrisy.

Just where have I said anything bad about Dooms class?

Me thinks you get my thoughts about performance mixed up with him being a nice guy.

SO far he has acted with class although the way some are interpreting his convo with rome is less than class. I have always said I like the kid he is a hustler and has worked his ass off at getting sacks.

I can not recall anytime that I have disparaged his personality. If someone has taken it that way, my apologies.

But do not take that as I think he is close to worth the money that is being reported NADA.

I would love to have him long term if the price is right and will be determined by the PROS at Dove valley not on this forum..

now back to topic please this is about another class act MC bean PLEASE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

McBean was ok nothing more. If had done that great why did McDaniels go out and get three new starters?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Any time these millionaires donate money to causes such as this it's great!

Way to go McBean!!

Yes it was not necessary but a great act of giving back to the coaches and school that made him what he is today.

I'd bet that they would have just liked him to come back and spend time with the kids NOW in the program. This was special.

22. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information