Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Broncos will have to deal with Bailey decision

IIRC simms was brought in long before Orton came aboard. He was insurance at the time as we really had very little options for BU QB.

Anyway IIRC mikey reallt liked him also.

I just wonder had it been mikey signing him if the same uproar would have been made.

Also IIRC I seem to remember a lot of folks calling for him to start.
    Wonder if hp was one of them.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Here you go, I'll let you peruse the list and make your own decisions (remember, these are last years numbers, Orton makes 3X that now) but I find it interesting that most of the guys McDaniels brought in make a lot more money than do the guys who were already here.

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...ar=2009&team=9

Some of my favorites...

Chris Simms $3.46 Mil <- highest paid QB not on the team anymore... great investment, IMO!
    Jabar Gaffney $3 Mil
    Ron Fields $3 Mil
    Paxton $1.6 Mil ... FOR A LONG-SNAPPER!

I forget what it cost to rebuild the D-line from scratch for the second consecutive year but I know it's a lot of cash. How much are we paying Bannan and Green to come in and hopefully start (even though they haven't been called on to do that much thus far)? How much are we paying J-Wall in hopes he'll recover from injury and be more than a shell of his former self?

Just saying. I'd rather use the money on Champ and Dumervil, two guys who I know produce and do so consistently year after year.
    The only one on that list that you could possibly take issue with is Simms.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    (Not being rude)but how did you NOT hear about it?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ing-retirement

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4377411

3.6 Million big ones apparently changed his mind quickly!
    I knew about the Jarvis Moss situation. I was asking where you got the information about him only coming back because his agent informed him he would have to pay back money, because I haven't seen anyone, much less a credible source like Schefter, make that claim.

Kinda ironic considering you're one of the ones who cry foul over people slinging mud at former players and coaches.

3. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

I just wonder had it been mikey signing him if the same uproar would have been made.
    Of course, you would of never let him off the hook.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

the last time simms played (prior to the de-spleening) he looked pretty damn good.
    who would have guessed he would throw turds like a minkey when the chips were down ?
    i don't think josh or shanny could have predicted the suckage that was simms when called upon

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    The only one on that list that you could possibly take issue with is Simms.

I knew about the Jarvis Moss situation. I was asking where you got the information about him only coming back because his agent informed him he would have to pay back money, because I haven't seen anyone, much less a credible source like Schefter, make that claim.
    Bill Williamson himself wrote that Moss came back only to save his $. This if Schefter didn't write it crap is a sorry and pathetic attempt at deflection.

Oh and as far as you knowing about the situation, it sure didn't seem like it based on your original quote. Even another poster posted as though you didn't understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Kinda ironic considering you're one of the ones who cry foul over people slinging mud at former players and coaches.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Now you are just talking out of your ass. I fling excrement at Shanahan and other past players as I do McDaniels.

I am an equal opportunity excrement flinger and don't you forget it

Bill Williamson himself wrote that Moss came back only to save his $. This if Schefter didn't write it crap is a sorry and pathetic attempt at deflection.

Oh and as far as you knowing about the situation, it sure didn't seem like it based on your original quote. Even another poster posted as though you didn't understand the situation.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Now you are just talking out of your ass. I fling excrement at Shanahan and other past players as I do McDaniels.

IMHO bill burger is not all that credibile.

But hardly reason to quibble.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Bill Williamson himself wrote that Moss came back only to save his $.
    Link? I'd be real interested to see how Williamson came to that conclusion since, according to my understanding, Moss's contract paid most of it's money in 2007 and 2008 including basically all of the signing bonus, so there would have been very little money for the Broncos to go after.

This if Schefter didn't write it crap is a sorry and pathetic attempt at deflection.
    It's crap that Schefter is basically the only reliable reporter covering the Broncos these days? I agree.

I hate to keep with the "well if Schefter says it..." mantra as well, but sadly none of the other reporters are even remotely reliable. That's not to say that they're never right, but their track records just doesn't inspire much confidence, whereas Schefter brings a "well, that settles that" kind of presence.

We should consider ourselves fortunate though. Peter King was (and probably still is) pretty unpopular with Bronco fans, but now that McDaniels has arrived we at least have a fairly credible 2nd option.

I can assure you that I knew about the Moss situation as soon as it hit the presses. Anyone who even casually follows the Broncos did.

Maybe I have you confused with someone else. I'm too lazy to go dig through old posts now, so I'll just take your word for it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information