Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Official Fishing Thread

You're going to live on base, NOMAD? I lived in Alaska from Oct 1999 to July 2001. The longest 18 months of my life. With one car, two babies, and a spouse who worked up to 70 hours a week, I didn't get to get out much. So, I didn't like it up there at all.

My husband got to get out and experience Alaska. He had a friend who had a plane, and he was invited out one day to go salmon fishing off Homer.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Once you get to Alaska you'll get to fish for SALMON.
    Yeah, I'm excited! Getting pointers from everyone who has been there! But I want to do some halibut fishing!

I take that back about not fishing down South in over a decade, I spaced the time my wife went to the NCO Academy in Bioloxi, MS a few yrs ago. We went down with her and stayed with family in La but the last week of the Academy we stayed at Kessler and I took the kids fishing at the Marina on base. We caught crokers and specks and saltwater catfish and went crabbing while in La!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

My brother in law has a boat and lives in Houston, so I think whenever we manage to get down there I wanna try deep sea fishing. My wife is probably gonna deploy in the next few months and I'll be going again in January, so it may be a while before I get down there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by gnomeflinger View Post
    You're going to live on base, NOMAD? I lived in Alaska from Oct 1999 to July 2001. The longest 18 months of my life. With one car, two babies, and a spouse who worked up to 70 hours a week, I didn't get to get out much. So, I didn't like it up there at all.

My husband got to get out and experience Alaska. He had a friend who had a plane, and he was invited out one day to go salmon fishing off Homer.
    Sorry I didn't see your post! We're deciding between base or Eagle River!! Most people are telling us Eagle River plus my sons will be in high school there and a few people I talked to say ERHS is better than Bartlett High School. Then after AK, we'll be moving back to Wa State probably around the Woodinville area!

But as far as the fishing there, our friends say it's crazy there during the salmon run even to the point where there are fist fights

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Sorry I didn't see your post! We're deciding between base or Eagle River!! Most people are telling us Eagle River plus my sons will be in high school there and a few people I talked to say ERHS is better than Bartlett High School. Then after AK, we'll be moving back to Wa State probably around the Woodinville area!

But as far as the fishing there, our friends say it's crazy there during the salmon run even to the point where there are fist fights
    Depending on where and when you go, you might have to compete with the bears. They will come up to your boat, and swipe your fish from you. On my husband's trip, he took pictures of the bears. He didn't even need to zoom in.

Eagle River is gorgeous. We lived on the south end, the Dimond neighborhood.

From what I remember, yeah, don't move by the base, if you're not going to live on base. The north end is more spotty in quality of living than the south or west end of the city. But you can't go wrong with Eagle River.
    This space available for lease.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information