Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 questions

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    I'm having problems getting connected to the internet.... did anyone have problems with an error screen coming up that says page cannot be displayed or Ethernet cable not connected?
    You just mean actually viewing a web-page over the PS3?

No, I didn't have any trouble like that, but only did it once or twice to see how it worked. I don't have a blue-tooth keyboard, so navigating with the controller is not any fun.

Are you able to connect to the game-servers?

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    You just mean actually viewing a web-page over the PS3?

No, I didn't have any trouble like that, but only did it once or twice to see how it worked. I don't have a blue-tooth keyboard, so navigating with the controller is not any fun.

Are you able to connect to the game-servers?
    not sure... I go to www. thing in the PS3 screen and click X and the error message screen comes up. Am I in the wrong screen to connect?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

not sure... I go to www. thing in the PS3 screen and click X and the error message screen comes up. Am I in the wrong screen to connect?
    Start a game and see if you can access the online play for whatever game it is.

Of course, if you're getting an error for the web-page you'll probably get one for the game too.

Were you able to sign-in first before you tried to access the internet?

Start a game and see if you can access the online play for whatever game it is.

Of course, if you're getting an error for the web-page you'll probably get one for the game too.

Were you able to sign-in first before you tried to access the internet?
    Yeah, I made an account and set the time and stuff on the system. I also had to download some type of update when I put in my baseball game to try to play it. It took like 2-5 minutes and then the game was up and running.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Yeah, I made an account and set the time and stuff on the system. I also had to download some type of update when I put in my baseball game to try to play it. It took like 2-5 minutes and then the game was up and running.
    Strange, I don't know what to tell you then. You might just have to contact Sony and see what they suggest.

The important thing is you can play the games!

What's youre gamertag?

Strange, I don't know what to tell you then. You might just have to contact Sony and see what they suggest.

The important thing is you can play the games!

What's youre gamertag?
    lol, I'm clueless... I made my name Bosshogg30 for my system... is this my gamer tag too?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

lol, I'm clueless... I made my name Bosshogg30 for my system... is this my gamer tag too?
    The gamer tag is different for all games I believe. Bosshogg30 is just to conect to the Sony Network.

So you can or cannot play games online?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    The gamer tag is different for all games I believe. Bosshogg30 is just to conect to the Sony Network.

So you can or cannot play games online?
    I didn't try to play my game online yet, I went to the www. screen on the system and it came up with an error message saying page can not be displayed. I don't think my system is recongnizing my wireless internet. I also went to the test internet connection screen and it comes up with the message that ethernet cable is not plugged in or something like that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I didn't try to play my game online yet, I went to the www. screen on the system and it came up with an error message saying page can not be displayed. I don't think my system is recongnizing my wireless internet. I also went to the test internet connection screen and it comes up with the message that ethernet cable is not plugged in or something like that.
    There are two different sets of directions for connecting to your broadband connection.

One for ethernet, and one for wireless. Make sure in the set-up area to go through the wireless set-up.

You'll have to pick out your router after the PS3 searches for it, and then enter the encryption key (if it's secure), and then connect.

There's several steps, but it walks you through them pretty well.

10. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There are two different sets of directions for connecting to your broadband connection.

One for ethernet, and one for wireless. Make sure in the set-up area to go through the wireless set-up.

You'll have to pick out your router after the PS3 searches for it, and then enter the encryption key (if it's secure), and then connect.

Exactly. I don't have the PS3, but the Wii made me activate the wireless capability, otherwise it's standard mode is "off".

I didn't see anything that lets me select wireless... I will have to look for it again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I didn't see anything that lets me select wireless... I will have to look for it again.
    I can't remember well enough to tell you where to look for it, but it's way over to the left in one of those menus from your start-up screen.

Pull out your direction manual and it will tell you how. There's a section on it.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Boss, if everything is connected correctly, and you have the correct info entered, do this. Shut down the ps3 and remove its power source (unplug it). Then unplug the power to your wireless router. Keep both of those unplugged and reset (by pressing the reset button) or just unplug your modem. Wait about 30 seconds. Plug the modem back in 1st (if you had to unplug it, if you had a reset button just wait till all the lights come back on) wait about 20 seconds for the modem to get back online, then plug the router back in, give it about 20 seconds, then plug the PS3 back in and fire it up. That should take care of any IP related issue. I used to work at Comcast and had to do this over the phone 2-3 times every day
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I got connected last night guys... thanks I just had to go through everything with the owner manual... You know us guys... we don't need no stinking directions

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I got connected last night guys... thanks I just had to go through everything with the owner manual... You know us guys... we don't need no stinking directions
    Did you play any online yet Boss? And whats your COD4 game tag?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information