Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 questions

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    I will check it out...thanks NTL. I'm more of the sport game type, but it is hard to pass up on all the excitement with this COD4
    Me too, give me a good football/baseball heck even basketball simulation and I'll play it for hours, but I am totally hooked on Warhawk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Which one? Call of Duty 4?
    Yes. I got sick of friends at work talking about it. Had to get it and its awesome.
    I will check it out...thanks NTL. I'm more of the sport game type, but it is hard to pass up on all the excitement with this COD4
    NTL and Bennetto said you can download Warhawk and its like $20 bucks cheeper so check into that.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

3. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    NTL and Bennetto said you can download Warhawk and its like $20 bucks cheeper so check into that.
    Right, if you already have a headset/earpiece deal then just download it and it's quite a bit cheaper.

If not, buy Warhawk in-store and it comes with the earpiece which you can use for any other game as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Right, if you already have a headset/earpiece deal then just download it and it's quite a bit cheaper.

If not, buy Warhawk in-store and it comes with the earpiece which you can use for any other game as well.
    The headset that I got sucks..... I feel the majority of players out there suffer from this as well. Is there a known good model NTL?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

The headset that I got sucks..... I feel the majority of players out there suffer from this as well. Is there a known good model NTL?
    You're asking the wrong guy. I think mine works well, but it's the only one I've ever used. It's a motorola, about $50 when I bought it.

However, sometimes I apparently don't have a good enough connection online within the game to communicate. Everything is garbled sometimes, but I believe that this is due to my internet connection more than the headseat.

I have cox cable, and internet through them. They have three levels for their internet service. Basic, intermediate, and Deluxe (those aren't the real names).

I use the intermediate service and thought that it should be sufficient, but what does everyone else use? Should I upgrade, or is the garbled voices just something that everyone deals with. Other aspects of game-play don't appear to be affected.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    You're asking the wrong guy. I think mine works well, but it's the only one I've ever used. It's a motorola, about $50 when I bought it.

However, sometimes I apparently don't have a good enough connection online within the game to communicate. Everything is garbled sometimes, but I believe that this is due to my internet connection more than the headseat.

I have cox cable, and internet through them. They have three levels for their internet service. Basic, intermediate, and Deluxe (those aren't the real names).

I use the intermediate service and thought that it should be sufficient, but what does everyone else use? Should I upgrade, or is the garbled voices just something that everyone deals with. Other aspects of game-play don't appear to be affected.
    It could be Sony's servers to. Man they have to have allot of bandwidth to run that stuff. Also, If you notice it at certain times of the week/day, most likely its them not you. IMO.

8. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

If you have wireless Internet will the Playstation 3 pick it up or do you have to buy something to hook up to it to pick up the wireless internet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

If you have wireless Internet will the Playstation 3 pick it up or do you have to buy something to hook up to it to pick up the wireless internet?
    It goes right true that. You need to know your Wep key and VSID to join. Takes 5 minutes to setup. If I was you, I would print out the settings on your wireless router before hand.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I only bought one game and it was a baseball game... I'm going back today and getting that Call of Duty 4 game everyone seems to like so much. I'm holding out on Madden and NCAA football till the new ones come out, which should be soon.
    Pick up Army of Two as well HOGG. If you have a buddy that you like to game online with it's a real hoot. My cousin and I play every Tuesday and Friday night. We also play Rainbow Six Vegas (1 and 2). I haven't played COD4 yet because I've heard it doesn't have co-op missions. I get tired really fast of Capture the Flag and Deathmatch stuff...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

What do you have?? I have the Plantronics 510 and it works pretty good. You could spend upwards of 80$ and get a dedicated unit for game play in stereo but my phone piece works just fine...The garbled transmissions I think are from background noise off people's TV's that you hear. A noise-canceling mic helps discourage this...

14. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    What do you have?? I have the Plantronics 510 and it works pretty good. You could spend upwards of 80$ and get a dedicated unit for game play in stereo but my phone piece works just fine...The garbled transmissions I think are from background noise off people's TV's that you hear. A noise-canceling mic helps discourage this...
    I just bought the 20 dollar deal that was next to it at Best Buy. I need to mess with the volume/Mic settings. The one thing that sucks, is there is no sound test thing to use. If you adjust it, you have to go into the game.

Right now, I bought some mildly nice headphones, and just listen. I have the chat feature disabled.

Are you in a clan Reid?

The one I have is a Jabra model that came with Warhawk. Best buy had the same exact one for 40 bucks so I said hell thats like getting a PS3 game for 10 more dollars.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Dude...ABronco..Why haven't you posted in the Broncos Brigade thread? Its a clan we're trying to form on Warhawk.

Whats your gamer tag, Ill send you an invite if you're game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Dude...ABronco..Why haven't you posted in the Broncos Brigade thread? Its a clan we're trying to form on Warhawk.

Whats your gamer tag, Ill send you an invite if you're game.
    Quick question Benetto.

I joined another clan a month or so ago for Warhawk and when I went to accept the Broncos Brigade invite it said I had to stop the other one.

If I do that, will it still be there to pick up again, or does it disappear? I'm just curious if I'll have to ask them for another invite down the road to play with them again. I.E. can I just switch back and forth?

I got on last night and you were playing, but as soon as I tried to join the game you logged off. Just missed you. However, jumped into a game mid-way and ended up being the high-scorer for the team without even playing the full game. That was pretty cool.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I'm having problems getting connected to the internet.... did anyone have problems with an error screen coming up that says page cannot be displayed or Ethernet cable not connected?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information