Thread: Our new HEAVY oline.

Default Our new HEAVY oline.

Look at this:

clady-316
    kuper-302
    nalen/licht-285/310
    holland-322
    harris/pears-300/305

With majority of our guys being + 300lbs its hopefully obvious that this group will be able to hold up longer giving jay more time. But do you think with a healthy group that we might have enough beef upfront to start making the line of scrimmage a few yards forward.

A new healthy, BIG line, plus a new strong mean FB. Could this improve our redzone and short yardage from worst to close to first?

I think depending on who our runner is, we could see an increase of 1td per game in scoring and right around a top 9 offense.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

That's assuming Hamilton doesn't come back and play either LG or Center, and Kuper doesn't make it at right tackle, where he has first shot. The line you have listed is actually my ideal line for the Broncos, but it will take a lot for that to happen.

true and I think for now pfw has said that kuper is starting RT, but regardless of where they lineup their weight is still the same.

I also think that backup weigman is a 300+ guy too.

Point being that we have an oline that seems to be just as mobile but also a lot stronger and heavier.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

It's a good theory, but bigger doesn't necessarily mean better or that they'll have that ability. I hope that's certainly the case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

From what I understand, Shanahan has been wanting to bulk up the offensive line since we drafted Foster (which was an obvious set back to the changes).
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

6. The Following User High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

I don't think our goal line offense will be anywhere close to first, but I do think it will be significantly better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wouldn't pencil Kuper in at left guard. I expect that he will beat out Pears and Harris and be our starting right tackle. Beisdes that Hamilton is the starter at left guard unless he gets hurt again.

yes yes, This was not to show where they would be playing, just the weight of the players that most likely will start...

Kuper could be RT,LG
    harris could be RT,

etc. etc.

Fact is, most if not all of them will be playing on the line at the same time regardless of position, and we are now a lot heavier than we have been in the past.

Do you think our bigger line, regardless of who lines up where will stand a better chance in the run game, instead of getting pushed around?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    yes yes, This was not to show where they would be playing, just the weight of the players that most likely will start...

Kuper could be RT,LG
    harris could be RT,

etc. etc.

Fact is, most if not all of them will be playing on the line at the same time regardless of position, and we are now a lot heavier than we have been in the past.

Do you think our bigger line, regardless of who lines up where will stand a better chance in the run game, instead of getting pushed around?
    Yes I think the added bulk will help, more importantly its that we have a better talent on the line.

12. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Now if we could only get an o-line coach who is worth something.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Kuper could be RT,LG
    harris could be RT,

etc. etc.

While what Dream says is true, bigger doesnt always mean better, given the choice, Id rather have someone with marginal skill and more girth than someone with marginal skill and less girth. Its great to have small guys but what if they arent as good as Schlereth, Jones, or Nalen...then at least theyd get ragdolled less because of girth.

I have never understood how a guy that weighs 300 lb is so much bigger than a guy weighing 285. They are both still huge.
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

17. The Following User High Fived chanesaw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Now if we could only get an o-line coach who is worth something.
    god i miss gibbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

I'd almost prefer Kuper to play guard and not tackle, allowing Harris to play as well and having the young line grow together. It's pretty much a given that Nalen's career is done after this, and Hamilton is up in the air.

Clady, LT -- Kuper, LG -- Lichtensteiger, C -- Holland, RG -- Harris, RT

That'd be my dream 2009 lineup; however, Harris can play guard as well. It'd just be a shame if we wasted a third rounder on Harris and he didn't get a chance to start when it's clear that he can. I'm hoping that's the case. I think that putting Kuper and Harris on the field at the same time is a lot smarter of an idea than putting mush-brained Hamilton out there and having Kuper at RT. Not that he's out of place there, but I'm just trying to maximize youth and potential.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That's assuming Hamilton doesn't come back and play either LG or Center, and Kuper doesn't make it at right tackle, where he has first shot. The line you have listed is actually my ideal line for the Broncos, but it will take a lot for that to happen.
    Harris is 3rd team right now...which tells me he's NOT worth the pick that was spent on him. Quite a few people said he was a reach...and it's looking like they were right.
    Last edited by rcsodak; 06-03-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information