Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Closed and Replaced: Ask Questions and Request Clarification Regarding the Posting Rules and Guidelines

Default Closed and Replaced: Ask Questions and Request Clarification Regarding the Posting Rules and Guidelines

Please post in this thread any questions or clarification you may need regarding the posting rules and guidelines.

When replying, please indicate if your question pertains to the Rules or Guidelines section, and post the corresponding number.

Ok I finally saw the rules, and guidelines tonight.

6. Avatars and Signatures: You may not have obscene or sexually explicit images in your avatars or signatures. In addition, you may not include statements designed to flame or attack other members or pictures or statements that have no purpose other than to inflame individuals or the community at large.

I think religeous and political statements should be included, but that's just me personally. If sigs bother me that much I can disable them...

I believe I can follow the "reasonable parent" guidelines. I am not a parent, but I think I get the point.

All in all I think the rules and guidelines are more than reasonable, and can allow this place to work the way it was intended.

If I've ever had a question or a request, my Pm's have always been answered in a prompt and professional manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    Ok I finally saw the rules, and guidelines tonight.

6. Avatars and Signatures: You may not have obscene or sexually explicit images in your avatars or signatures. In addition, you may not include statements designed to flame or attack other members or pictures or statements that have no purpose other than to inflame individuals or the community at large.

I think religeous and political statements should be included, but that's just me personally. If sigs bother me that much I can disable them...

I believe I can follow the "reasonable parent" guidelines. I am not a parent, but I think I get the point.

All in all I think the rules and guidelines are more than reasonable, and can allow this place to work the way it was intended.

If I've ever had a question or a request, my Pm's have always been answered in a prompt and professional manner.
    this is being discussed as we speak, bare with us. Pardon the pun..

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    this is being discussed as we speak, bare with us. Pardon the pun..
    I love puns, no pardon necessary. I don't know if I'm the only one who brought this up, or if the board has been discussing this already, but things like
    "I love my carbon footprint" bug me. Might just be me though.

Thanks for responding Jr.

Adopted Bronco:
    Billy Thompson

Thanks for starting this thread. Just saw it today.

I think these rules/guidelines are a solid start. Keeping ALL content within the "reasonable parenting" parameters is a good guide. Especially with number 6. avatars and sigs.
    Thanks Mastershake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Quote removed as all discussions were moved to a discussion thread in the Town Hall Discussion thread.

Question:

So opinions regarding the rules should actually be placed in a thread in the Town hall, rather than this thread? This thread is specifically for clarification only?

Hijack - I love the smiley! Wow! Too cool!

Edited by tnedator 8:17pm

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Question:

So opinions regarding the rules should actually be placed in a thread in the Town hall, rather than this thread? This thread is specifically for clarification only?

Hijack - I love the smiley! Wow! Too cool!
    This thread was intended for people that had questions about rules or needed clarification, not for people that are upset with the degree of Christianess used to establish them, or to get on a soapbox about how P&R is modded, or to take thinly veiled shots at the mods.

All of those things are worthy of being talked about (probably not shots at mods just for taking shots, but certainly concern over how things are done), but this isn't the place.

This thread should be for someone that wants to know if offering to sell Broncos tickets for an upcoming game violates the No Advertisng rule. Not to debate whether or not the f-bomb is fine to use, because all kids old enough to be on the computer know it.

In line with our charter/mission/whatever you want to call it, we embrace discussion about rules, color schemes and other forum issues, but not here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    This thread was intended for people that had questions about rules or needed clarification, not for people that are upset with the degree of Christianess used to establish them, or to get on a soapbox about how P&R is modded, or to take thinly veiled shots at the mods.

All of those things are worthy of being talked about (probably not shots at mods just for taking shots, but certainly concern over how things are done), but this isn't the place.

This thread should be for someone that wants to know if offering to sell Broncos tickets for an upcoming game violates the No Advertisng rule. Not to debate whether or not the f-bomb is fine to use, because all kids old enough to be on the computer know it.

In line with our charter/mission/whatever you want to call it, we embrace discussion about rules, color schemes and other forum issues, but not here.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.

Due to the number of 'opinion' posts that were posted in this Questions/Clarification thread, I have moved all of those posts to a Discussion thread in the Town Hall Discussion forum.

Anyone that would like to express their opinions about the rules, decision making process or other topics that are not questions about specific rules can either do so at the link below, or create a new thread in the Town Hall Discussion Forum:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2559

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

How long before you become in inactive member?

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    How long before you become in inactive member?
    I believe it is set at 30 days, but am not 100% sure. I'll check when I get a chance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Do we have to have rules and guidelines?
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado4Life View Post
    Do we have to have rules and guidelines?
    Unfortunately, yes.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

7. Use of Multiple UserID’s is not Permitted – You have signed up with a user id, and that is the only one that should be registered. Posting under multiple userids will result in all userids/IPs being banned.

Obviously I'm a new member. My boyfriend has been bugging me to sign up to see what this whole forum thing is all about so I finally did. We only have one computer and I just wanted to make sure both of us can have user id's. They are under different emails but probably have the same IP. Timmy would not be a happy camper if I got him kick out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Timmy isn't gay after all? Son of a gun...

I think we should be able to talk shit to/about people who are deserving, despite the obvious rule that personal attacks are not allowed. Some people just need to know they're idiots.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information