Quote Originally Posted by ltl_miss_jen View Post
7. Use of Multiple UserID’s is not Permitted – You have signed up with a user id, and that is the only one that should be registered. Posting under multiple userids will result in all userids/IPs being banned.

Obviously I'm a new member. My boyfriend has been bugging me to sign up to see what this whole forum thing is all about so I finally did. We only have one computer and I just wanted to make sure both of us can have user id's. They are under different emails but probably have the same IP. Timmy would not be a happy camper if I got him kick out.
There is a bit of honor system in relation to this rule. The rule is really for two purposes:

1. Stopping people from creating a second account to slam opposing points of view, drumming up fake support on a subject, or other thread manipulation type stuff.

2. Creating a new user id after their primary user id was suspended/banned.

So, while comparing IPs is definately one of the ways to attempt to identify someone having a dupe account, we always give the users the benefit of the doubt and would at most ask for clarification before doing anything.

By the way, Welcome to the forums!!