Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: King's Bengals thread.

Default King's Bengals thread.

I figured I would start a thread for me to post about (mainly to myself) my Bengals.

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/...2-65db6aa05c28

I'm pretty friggin stoked about having one of the all-time great corners come and coach up our cornerbacks. Even though we have in my opinion the best cornerback tandem in the NFL, both Leon Hall and Jonathan Joesph are young guys that can still improve.

I won't lie, I agree with Woodson on some of the other things he said in the interview about the team. We do have the capability of being one of the best defenses in the NFL, and we do have a lot of pieces to the puzzle.

Our passing game was stagnant last year, and while Palmer was not as good as he was in years past, I still believe him to be a good QB. With the offensive line getting another year to gel and an influx of talent at the receiving position, I do expect him to have a great year.

By that I don't mean a massive TD and yardage total. I do expect him to be above average across the board in all stat categories, minus completion percentage. For completition percentage I expect him to challenge for the lead in starting QB's. He will have a WR in Ochocinco who is still one of the best in the league, a massive TE in Gresham, Antonio Bryant and Jordan Shipley. Those threats coupled with the running game that we have should be able to let us have favorable matchups against most defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

:fart:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Don't be like that Slim. I like King87. I don't even hate the Bengals especially, and I even root for them at least four times a year (against the Ratbirds and the Steelers; they both make me ill)

King87 has my very own 25% endorsement for this thread
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I only root for the Broncos but I am willing to root against any team the bengals play if it will help the Broncos or at least if it doesn't hurt them.

:breath: :whew:

Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Don't be like that Slim. I like King87. I don't even hate the Bengals especially, and I even root for them at least four times a year (against the Ratbirds and the Steelers; they both make me ill)

King87 has my very own 25% endorsement for this thread
    Sorry, dread. I had chili for lunch.

King will understand.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Sorry, dread. I had chili for lunch.

King will understand.
    I do.

Will post more, strictly for myself.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Good thread King. Here's a shoutout to my favorite non-Broncos player in the NFL:

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I have no hate for the Bengals. One of the very few AFC teams that I dont hate, while seemingly every team I cant stand for one reason or the other.

Just remember King, the Patriots were flogging fodder for years before they were great. The Broncos were championship embarassments before they had their day. The Bucs were chumps, the Saints were a joke, and the Rams were the stooges of the West (and they are again). The Cincicats will get there one day.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I have no hate for the Bengals. One of the very few AFC teams that I dont hate, while seemingly every team I cant stand for one reason or the other.

Just remember King, the Patriots were flogging fodder for years before they were great. The Broncos were championship embarassments before they had their day. The Bucs were chumps, the Saints were a joke, and the Rams were the stooges of the West (and they are again). The Cincicats will get there one day.
    Same for me, although I do also like the Titans and Texans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Same for me, although I do also like the Titans and Texans
    Now that you mention it, they dont bother me much either...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Figured I would do a roster breakdown in pieces.

Quarterback - Palmer is clearly the man here. He isn't what he was supposed to be coming out of college, but for two years he was and his talent then was comparable to other elite QB's. I think those days are done, and I think that a guy who once had a strong shot to have a HoF worthy career has lost his shot at that. Still he's a top ten QB, and has become the leader that we all wanted him to be. I expect him to be one of the better QB's in the NFL next year.

Behind him we have....scrubs. His brother, Jordan Palmer, is our third string QB and only has that job because he's Carson's brother. J.T. O'Sullivan is, yep, you guessed it, still god awful. If we are ever in a game and we need one of those guys to step up anything other than a placeholder we have lost that game.

Running Back - Cedric Benson is a manbeast. He would have been amongst the leaders in all categories had he not gotten injured. Watching him run is something that I consider to be a treat. Since he resurrected his career he's been nothing short of dominating in division play. Last year he ran all over Pittsburgh and Baltimore, and it wasn't because of his offensive line (more on them later) beasting on them, although they are a strong run blocking team.

Behind him we have some players. Bernard Scott is a guy with big play potential and Brian Leonard makes clutch plays. Still, there is no one on the roster who can be the power runner like Benson, and that's problematic if he gets hurt.

Wide Receiver - Ochocinco is still a borderline top ten WR. He was the only legitimate target after T.J. Houshmanzadeh's departure and played on a team with one of the worst pass protection lines in the game. Despite that, Ocho still produced 1k yards, 9 TDs and 75 ish catches.

Following Ocho on the depth chart is the hard to judge Antonio Bryant. Bryant has the phsyical skills of a top five WR. Good hands, great speed and leaping ability. He's had an up and down career, but Cincinnati seems to be a safehaven for guys like him. I don't think that he will produce at T.J.'s level, a player that I have a lot of admiration and respect for. However, it is a safe bet that he could outproduce Lavernous Coles, the man that he replaces. I still don't know what to make of the signing, but for the most part I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

The third WR slot is nothing short of a mystery. Last year Andre Caldwell was a walking contradiction. At times he was this sure-handed clutch player, and other games he couldn't catch a cold. Caldwell has good speed and acceleration, but he hasn't made the field stretching plays that he was drafted to make.

Enter Jordan Shipley. Drafted out of Texas, he looks like a guy that can contribute right away. Some people compare him to Wes Welker, and others compare him to Houshmanzadeh. Honestly, I think that he's a mix of the two. He doesn't have Housh's frame or strength, or Welker's speed and quickness. However, he isn't frail or slow. I think that Shipley's time as the third WR will come fast. Caldwell will get moved to the fourth spot, and a slew of guys that are for the most part irrelevant.

More later.

I love ya, King...but every time I see this, I lmfao.

I'm going to politely ask that stick to the topic, but yeah, I hated Shayne Graham, and I hated Brad St.Louis.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I'm going to politely ask that stick to the topic, but yeah, I hated Shayne Graham, and I hated Brad St.Louis.
    (ahem) - Sorry brother...

(...it is still kinda funny though...)

20. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Well.....growing up in Ohio and living here all my life.....I have never been a bengals fan....or hater for that matter.......I have always hated the browns though.

I always enjoyed the Sam Wyche days......he always made things interesting when he was the head coach down there.
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

22. The Following User High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information