Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: all xbox 360 people...I got the red ring of death.

Unhappy all xbox 360 people...I got the red ring of death.

I was playing burnout revenge as my son loves watching the cars race... Twice now in the middle of playing i have gotten the red ring of death..

Anyone know why, or how to fix it?

aww. my son is very very

and i am very very

please help
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I believe you have to contact microsoft (sorry..don't know the website...try googling it) and they will send you a box to send your xbox to them and they will fix it free of charge, if it's under warranty. I don't know all the fine details as I don't know anybody personally who has had to do this, but I have heard stories over the net and am pretty sure that's what you need to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I believe you have to contact microsoft (sorry..don't know the website...try googling it) and they will send you a box to send your xbox to them and they will fix it free of charge, if it's under warranty. I don't know all the fine details as I don't know anybody personally who has had to do this, but I have heard stories over the net and am pretty sure that's what you need to do.
    www.microsoft.com.

I've heard bad things about the "ring"
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

You can always send it into them, Microsoft extended lifetime warranties to all people who purchased them if anything were to have failed that wasn't your fault. Did you get this at Best Buy or a place who had an extended warranty? Maybe you have one? I don't know how to fix them manually, mostly they deal with hardware failures. I've had it happen twice, I'm on my third 360. Best of luck to ya my buddy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Guess I'll be looking at the PS3...

Heard too many stories of this happening with the 360.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Remember, 4 rings=loose connection, 3 rings=dead. Microsoft has a good return policy, and the new ones have the quieter motors and better cooling systems. Good luck.

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Xbox 360's suck.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Ohs Noooos!

If it makes you feel better, my PS3 broke a while back (a few days before GTA IV was released) and it took around 9 or so days before I got it back fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Remember, 4 rings=loose connection, 3 rings=dead. Microsoft has a good return policy, and the new ones have the quieter motors and better cooling systems. Good luck.
    I'm pretty sure I have the newer model. My 360 is kinda loud, but nothing compared to what I've heard some people say. Also, no ring of death for me. If it was gonna happen I think the 14 straight hours of playing GTA IV when it came out without give the 360 a break would have done it. I've felt in the back, and it does get warm, but not hot. I think the problem is only with the 360 that were sold during the 1st year or so they were out?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Hahahaha Im glad I bought a PS3!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have the newer model. My 360 is kinda loud, but nothing compared to what I've heard some people say. Also, no ring of death for me. If it was gonna happen I think the 14 straight hours of playing GTA IV when it came out without give the 360 a break would have done it. I've felt in the back, and it does get warm, but not hot. I think the problem is only with the 360 that were sold during the 1st year or so they were out?
    Sounds about right.

Underrated, in case you wanted to know -- I went to bed right last night and dreamt about my 360 getting the red rings. Must have been this thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Sneakers...Whats your PS3 Gamer tag?

wow....Its crazy because we were talking about this in the xbox thread and i was like i havent had the ring of death...Then i freaking got it....

Master shake- good call on the ring numebrs- i didnt know that. I will have to try to play it again and count the rings.

I do have that like extra fan thingy that hooks on to the back of the box, so i dont know if that helps the cooling. Its supposed to.. I just dont know.

I havent played the box in a while. Dust? i have no idea.

Thanks for the link to send it in....My wife bought it at circuit city for me, but it was a year or two ago- i dont think she got any additional warranties. Not sure, but i doubt it.

Dream- dont let my thread give you nightmares like that!

If you lose connection is it like the disc is skipping or wires are comming lose?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

This is crazy........ My Co worker just came in and said this happened to him last night. LMFAO....... This sucks.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information