Poll: Should we have a negative reputation option?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Neg Reps

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Don't want to offend anyone...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Don't want to offend anyone...
    since when?

3. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    since when?
    Well...no offense, but a lot of the people that came over from BM seem to have a problem with any sort of system that will lead to them being offended, i.e., a rep system.

It was implemented well at BF, maybe not at BM, but it can be implemented if the people implementing it are fair, which the mods are here.

I see a common thread amongst previous BM members that sees them being offended by receiving any negative feedback.

That's just the way I see it.

And, if you think that the "crap" that went on at BF doesn't happen here, your dead wrong. Personally, I'm sick and tired of pot-stirrers getting away with whatever they want to, without any retribution. You can personally attack anyone, over and over and over here, as long is its somewhat subtle, and all you get is a PM. That doesn't stop anything. IMO, there's got to be something more. I'm sick and tired of certain members looking down on others knowing there is no retribution for their actions, other than some PM. The mods do NOT have enough power here, and part of it could be solved with a Rep system.

Am I guilty of attack some of these posters? Yes, but only because the mods have no real way of punishing them. That's where the rep system needs to be utilized and implemented.

We're getting to the point, where something has to be done other than a PM or a stern post from a mod. Either they need more power, or we need a rep system, or both.

That's just the simple facts of it. Human beings need to be in check somehow, if we're not, we run a muck. That's not some philosophical idea of a perfect society, it's reality.

Give the mods some real power.

Implement a rep system.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Over at BM when a person reached a certain level (status) you were
    able to give negs...I reached the highest level there (rof) Top correct me if
    I am wrong on that...anyway...sorry but negs do not stop anyone (at least IMO from being on BM) from posting the way they are going to post...I hope
    that makes sense.

CPs and Negs are ridiculous IMO...At least I see it that way since we do not
    have them over here.

Ban people if they get out of line if the mods have already warned them however many times Tned and the mods decide on...Like I posted earlier
    Tned has a discussion on this started....you know that.

Personally I could care less if someone posting here likes me or not.If someone has a problem with me (and yes there is one who does) then thats
    their problem.

I don't see negs as a way to stop people from insulting one another.IMO it simply does not work.

Well...no offense, but a lot of the people that came over from BM seem to have a problem with any sort of system that will lead to them being offended, i.e., a rep system.

It was implemented well at BF, maybe not at BM, but it can be implemented if the people implementing it are fair, which the mods are here.

I see a common thread amongst previous BM members that sees them being offended by receiving any negative feedback.

That's just the way I see it.

And, if you think that the "crap" that went on at BF doesn't happen here, your dead wrong. Personally, I'm sick and tired of pot-stirrers getting away with whatever they want to, without any retribution. You can personally attack anyone, over and over and over here, as long is its somewhat subtle, and all you get is a PM. That doesn't stop anything. IMO, there's got to be something more. I'm sick and tired of certain members looking down on others knowing there is no retribution for their actions, other than some PM. The mods do NOT have enough power here, and part of it could be solved with a Rep system.

Am I guilty of attack some of these posters? Yes, but only because the mods have no real way of punishing them. That's where the rep system needs to be utilized and implemented.

We're getting to the point, where something has to be done other than a PM or a stern post from a mod. Either they need more power, or we need a rep system, or both.

That's just the simple facts of it. Human beings need to be in check somehow, if we're not, we run a muck. That's not some philosophical idea of a perfect society, it's reality.

Give the mods some real power.

Implement a rep system.
    I have read plenty of negative feedback on post people make to each other.
    I don't think were offended by negative feedback at all.I see it all the time in
    P and R...people do not and never will always agree and negs will not change that.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I said come on Mom, you'll ruin my rep!

She said you're only 16 and you don't have a rep yet.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Would we call it a Low Five?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Over at BM when a person reached a certain level (status) you were
    able to give negs...I reached the highest level there (rof) Top correct me if
    I am wrong on that...anyway...sorry but negs do not stop anyone (at least IMO from being on BM) from posting the way they are going to post...I hope
    that makes sense.

CPs and Negs are ridiculous IMO...At least I see it that way since we do not
    have them over here.

Ban people if they get out of line if the mods have already warned them however many times Tned and the mods decide on...Like I posted earlier
    Tned has a discussion on this started....you know that.

Personally I could care less if someone posting here likes me or not.If someone has a problem with me (and yes there is one who does) then thats
    their problem.

I don't see negs as a way to stop people from insulting one another.IMO it simply does not work.
    Either way, the Mods have too little power here, imo.

I should have been banned twice by top, but he didn't have the authority to do it. Why was it? Because I got into it with someone who was egging it on.

There's no real retribution here for something you say.

IMO, a rep system is part of it.

At BF MANY big rep people got banned on a regular basis.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Either way, the Mods have too little power here, imo.

I should have been banned twice by top, but he didn't have the authority to do it. Why was it? Because I got into it with someone who was egging it on.

There's no real retribution here for something you say.

IMO, a rep system is part of it.

At BF MANY big rep people got banned on a regular basis.
    It just wouldn't be the same around here if you were getting banned and
    banned and banned and banned and banned!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It just wouldn't be the same around here if you were getting banned and
    banned and banned and banned and banned!
    But the point is I wouldn't be banned if this could be controlled through rep and Mod authority.

I get carried away, just as others do. I need governed, dammit.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

KCL

But the point is I wouldn't be banned if this could be controlled through rep and Mod authority.

I get carried away, just as others do. I need governed, dammit.
    Nah....you are just fine! But if you really think you deserve to be banned
    I can have a word with Top about it.

17. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nah....you are just fine! But if you really think you deserve to be banned
    I can have a word with Top about it.
    LOL, top would probably agree with me. I was out of line.

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

LOL, top would probably agree with me. I was out of line.
    At least you're big enough to admit it?

Yeah, we should have a neg rep, I deserve it for that.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OK...I've got a better working of how BM worked, but trust me, if we implement it how it worked at BF...it will be MUCH better.

Trust me.

PM me for details...Turftoad, should be able to show how it should work as well.

I think this needs to be implemented and talked about. Not the stupid BM way, but the way it worked at BF.

OK...I've got a better working of how BM worked, but trust me, if we implement it how it worked at BF...it will be MUCH better.

Trust me.

PM me for details...Turftoad, should be able to show how it should work as well.

I think this needs to be implemented and talked about. Not the stupid BM way, but the way it worked at BF.
    BM and BF sounds funny....

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information