Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 World Cup

I agree, red card was harsh.

Happy for Diego though. It's a shame it didn't work out for him at United although he is still really liked by United fans.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

2. The Following User High Fived ManchesterBroncoLUHG For This Post:

Such a pathetic dive.

South Africa and Côte d'Ivoire are my teams, it's too bad that RSA is going to be out early.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

English media sparks 'controversy' over Casillas' reporter WAG
    By Brooks Peck

Certain English tabloids jumped at the chance to blame the goof-up by their country's goalkeeper, Robert Green, on his love life, so to keep that salacious paper-selling trend going, they're jumping at the chance to spread blame for Spain's shocking loss to Switzerland on goalkeeper Iker Casillas' WAG and match reporter, Sara Carbonero (right).

[Photos: 'WAGs': Wives and girlfriends of football stars]

According to English media outlets from the Guardian to the BBC, mysteriously unnamed Spaniards are blaming Carbonero - who was named the "sexiest reporter in the world" by FHM - for distracting Casillas during the match. And what evidence do the have? Well, she reported from right behind his position in goal before the match and interviewed him straight after the loss. This somehow proves the thought of her overwhelmed him to the point of allowing the losing goal, possibly while seeing tiny hearts bubble up right before his eyes.

In that post-match interview, she asked her boyfriend "how did you muck that up?" in reference to the sloppy-yet-decisive goal. Casillas responded by saying:

"I don't know what to say. I don't know if this defeat will have consequences. The dressing room is fed up."

The whole thing looked like a normal, forgettable post-match interview outside of the odd coincidence of the couple being romantically involved (they met at the Confederations Cup last summer). But somehow her presence has been turned into bizarre whispers of blame.

When asked about her possible mind-controlling powers over one of the world's best goalkeepers, Carbonero brushed it off:

"Can I destabilize the team? I think it is nonsense."

But that kind of rational dismissal hasn't stopped the English press from running with stories of Spanish hatred for her even though, you know, there really isn't any. Major Spanish sports site AS.com pins the controversy entirely on "English sensationalism" and Publico.es echos that sentiment by saying it's the English who are blaming Carbonero.

At this rate, anyone who is or ever has been romantically involved with a World Cup goalkeeper should brace for their turn at being absurdly associated with blame for whatever happens on the pitch.

Just don't expect equal praise for exceptional performances.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...urn=sow,249228
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Wtf?

Isnt USA playing right now?

Anyone know how we are doing.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Isnt USA playing right now?

Anyone know how we are doing.
    Getting our asses kicked by a country the size of New Jersey.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Bam! Tie Game!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The ref just cost us the game.

Great!

Testes- what happened now.?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

ROFLLLLLLLLL

that African ref trolled the hell out of them
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    English media sparks 'controversy' over Casillas' reporter WAG
    By Brooks Peck

Certain English tabloids jumped at the chance to blame the goof-up by their country's goalkeeper, Robert Green, on his love life, so to keep that salacious paper-selling trend going, they're jumping at the chance to spread blame for Spain's shocking loss to Switzerland on goalkeeper Iker Casillas' WAG and match reporter, Sara Carbonero (right).

[Photos: 'WAGs': Wives and girlfriends of football stars]

According to English media outlets from the Guardian to the BBC, mysteriously unnamed Spaniards are blaming Carbonero - who was named the "sexiest reporter in the world" by FHM - for distracting Casillas during the match. And what evidence do the have? Well, she reported from right behind his position in goal before the match and interviewed him straight after the loss. This somehow proves the thought of her overwhelmed him to the point of allowing the losing goal, possibly while seeing tiny hearts bubble up right before his eyes.

In that post-match interview, she asked her boyfriend "how did you muck that up?" in reference to the sloppy-yet-decisive goal. Casillas responded by saying:

"I don't know what to say. I don't know if this defeat will have consequences. The dressing room is fed up."

The whole thing looked like a normal, forgettable post-match interview outside of the odd coincidence of the couple being romantically involved (they met at the Confederations Cup last summer). But somehow her presence has been turned into bizarre whispers of blame.

When asked about her possible mind-controlling powers over one of the world's best goalkeepers, Carbonero brushed it off:

"Can I destabilize the team? I think it is nonsense."

But that kind of rational dismissal hasn't stopped the English press from running with stories of Spanish hatred for her even though, you know, there really isn't any. Major Spanish sports site AS.com pins the controversy entirely on "English sensationalism" and Publico.es echos that sentiment by saying it's the English who are blaming Carbonero.

At this rate, anyone who is or ever has been romantically involved with a World Cup goalkeeper should brace for their turn at being absurdly associated with blame for whatever happens on the pitch.

Just don't expect equal praise for exceptional performances.

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/wor...urn=sow,249228
    I bet she has hairy arm-pits.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The ref just cost us the game.
    With the US not winning, but also not losing, either game, are they still in, or are they now out of the World Cup? Obviously, I have no idea how this all works.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

i think the US has to win or possibly tie next week and hope england either ties or loses today
    i think
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

15. The Following User High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    With the US not winning, but also not losing, either game, are they still in, or are they now out of the World Cup? Obviously, I have no idea how this all works.
    After watching the USA game today....the announcers were saying we really need for the Eng/Alg game to end in a tie......not sure what other scenarios we would need if a tie would not happen.......and right now it is 0-0 at the 80 minute mark.
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information