Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My alfredo sauce

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Are you telling me I paid $15 for a frozen dinner?
    Pretty much one of the reasons that they are consistent nationwide with the food.

Just like mcDucks they are cookie cutter facilitys and the food is pretty much the same in LA as in OKC.

Beaucse they bring in all the ingriedents and re heat them locally.

One of the reasons I know is I picked up a whole Tiramasu one day for a BD cake. And it came in the frozen cantanier still pretty much frozen.

MY daughters BB coach worked there as a Bar tender and she confirmed what I have said. Almost everything comes in by the truckload and just perapred (heated up) as needed.

The bread sticks come in frozen and baked. The salad dressing comes in 5 gallon buckets just shake and pour into smaller units to dispense.

If you got off for 15 bucks it was cheap.

We used to love it there as the food was good but try to ask for a subistute and you will get a pained loock on their face.

I have a neat little place that is closer to me that home cooks everything. Been there so much and have made so many subistions the Chef has named the meal after my wife.

They even went out and got Diet DR Pepper for me when I joked about only having DC.
    Best Italian food I have had as it is cooked just for us.

One day we decided on Pizza instead of our usuall the Owner/Chef came out to see if there was something wrong.

We just decided on pizza that night.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Are you telling me I paid $15 for a frozen dinner?
    A re-heated dinner.

The sad part is, OG has some pretty good alfredo sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by red98 View Post
    A re-heated dinner.

The sad part is, OG has some pretty good alfredo sauce.
    they have great food overall and are a good chain but that is what they are a chain like MC ducks that has a certain standard to maintain, if the local chefs did their own thing that would not happen.

4. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

To be honest, until a OG employee tells me otherwise, I firmly believe that their alfredo sauce is not frozen and reheated. If anyone else has ever tried to reheat alfredo sauce by conventional methods, they know that it separates into chunks of cheese and oil. It's not the creamy sauce where the cheese and cream is blended together perfectly. In order to get it to work, you have to slowly bring the sauce to a heat in a pan..... and even then, it isn't NEARLY as consistent and wonderful as it is fresh. You can reheat a lot of things, but alfredo sauce just is not one of them.

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    To be honest, until a OG employee tells me otherwise, I firmly believe that their alfredo sauce is not frozen and reheated. If anyone else has ever tried to reheat alfredo sauce by conventional methods, they know that it separates into chunks of cheese and oil. It's not the creamy sauce where the cheese and cream is blended together perfectly. In order to get it to work, you have to slowly bring the sauce to a heat in a pan..... and even then, it isn't NEARLY as consistent and wonderful as it is fresh. You can reheat a lot of things, but alfredo sauce just is not one of them.
    Yeah... that's an issue with the alfredo! I think my sister was going to try to slowly head on the oven while adding some cream back in, as she found recommended online somewhere..... but I don't remember if she said it worked or not.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Did not say everything is frozen. I do know the salad dressing came in 5 gallon buckets.

At the time I was asking her for the reciepe for it and that was she told us.

For all I know the alfredo sauce (which my cardiologist will not allow me to have) comes the same way.

I also know all of the "chefs" are trained at HDQTs again so they taste the same from one resturant to all the others. So what/where ever they get the ingriedents from they are put together the same way.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Yeah... that's an issue with the alfredo! I think my sister was going to try to slowly head on the oven while adding some cream back in, as she found recommended online somewhere..... but I don't remember if she said it worked or not.
    Just need to bring it to heat slowly and stir constantly. Dont even really need to add the extra cream

SHORYUKEN!

9. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information