Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Tebow lead the Broncos past the Chargers

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    As well as he should. Manning started his first year so if Tebow is the guy of the future and is the better QB come the start of the season throw him in there and get his feet wet. Its not like we are SB bound anyway.
    Exactly. If Tebow is ready to go McDaniels will start him, and if he's not Orton will more than likely start. I don't understand why some people get all constipated by the idea it's McDaniels who keeps alluding to it.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Three things:

1.) Whoopied do some people thought Tebow was 3rd round pick and others thought he was a 1st rounder.

2.) You really need to get over yourself and stop trying bait people. Talking about Tebow possibly starting hasn't got a damn thing to do with Cutler.

3.) Btw Joe Flacco was draft 18th overall in 2008 out a Division I AA school and he started immediately.

For some it's time to wake and smell the coffee.

Great post.

I find it laughable that so many have held Tebow in high regard yet when the question comes up about him starting all of sudden he isnt good enough to do so. I wish those idiots would shit or get off the pot already. Do i personally think he is NFL ready? Hell no which is why i think we took him too high. But, he was picked in the first round with a LOT of hype and with a lot of critics saying he will succeed. To me, if your THE guy of the future (which means Quinn and Orton are not) than rather than dick around for 3 years give the kid the experience he needs because if the talent is there he will be fine. Now all of a sudden we have to walk on eggshells for him? Please. And your correct TX, why Culter was even brought is trollism at best.

Jay has nothing to do with this discussion (or really any discussion from here on out). Tebow was picked because McD thought very highly of him. That tells me that McD sees something "special" in him and tells me he is considered a "franchise" kind of QB. Under Orton we are not going to win the SB, probably not even under Quinn. So why goof off and dilly dally when we can be just as "sucessful" with a rookie QB as we are with an average QB. If Tebow is mentally strong like some suggest, him starting would be a piece of cake for him. There's absolutely no reason to baby him if he is indeed NFL ready like some have eluded too.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Just because a guy 'might' be our future at a position does not mean he should be thrown in right away.

If we had no better options, sure.

As long as there is someone who gives us a better chance to win... that person belongs in the starting position. The coach is paid to bring us wins. Period.

McDaniels picked up Tebow figuring that he could figure in to that equation at some point or another. That does not mean that he has to right away.

I do not want to go through a horrible season to maybe help (but maybe hurt) the development of someone who maybe could be our leader in the future.

This season is about this season. The draft is about this season and future seasons.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Good post.

I will trust the coaching staff to play him WHEN he is ready AS he is prepared to do so.

I know of few fans that have alluded to him being "ready" to play. Most have said he would be a project and should not needed for at least this year except for "special plays".
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Most have said he would be a project and should not needed for at least this year except for "special plays".
    You really are playing both sides of the fence here, JRWIZ. One minute Tebow was and is a great pick and everything great. When mentioned in the same sentence as "starting QB" all of a sudden he is a "project."

I'm curious, of the 31 other teams in the NFL, how many of them drafted a "project" in the first round? In fact, how many "projects" have been drafted in the first round in say the last 3 years?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Flacco, Ryan, Manning, Sanchez, Young, Rothlesburger, Stafford, Bradford...All first round QBs that started their rookie season. Throw in guys like Brees, who was a second round pick... Manning and Cutler who started games their rookie seasons.

If he was good enough to take in the first round, as a QB, then the team MUST consider him to be franchise QB material. If he has the ability to be franchise QB material, then there is no reason to treat him with kid gloves when it comes to starting.

Every QB that has ever played has ALWAYS said that you don't learn sitting on the sidelings, because once you get in the game its 10x different. Playing is the only way to learn.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Three things:

1.) Whoopied do some people thought Tebow was 3rd round pick and others thought he was a 1st rounder.

2.) You really need to get over yourself and stop trying bait people. Talking about Tebow possibly starting hasn't got a damn thing to do with Cutler.

3.) Btw Joe Flacco was draft 18th overall in 2008 out a Division I AA school and he started immediately.

For some it's time to wake and smell the coffee.
    Great post.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Just because a guy 'might' be our future at a position does not mean he should be thrown in right away.

If we had no better options, sure.

As long as there is someone who gives us a better chance to win... that person belongs in the starting position. The coach is paid to bring us wins. Period.

McDaniels picked up Tebow figuring that he could figure in to that equation at some point or another. That does not mean that he has to right away.

I do not want to go through a horrible season to maybe help (but maybe hurt) the development of someone who maybe could be our leader in the future.

This season is about this season. The draft is about this season and future seasons.
    LT it's McDaniels who keeps alluding to Tebow's readiness. However at the end of the day McDaniels will start him when he's ready. It's one thing when fans speculate about it but it's quite another when the coach brings it up. McDaniels has said that the starting quarterback slot is wide open and heck even Orton said as in an interview at the start of passing camp.

14. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    You really are playing both sides of the fence here, JRWIZ. One minute Tebow was and is a great pick and everything great. When mentioned in the same sentence as "starting QB" all of a sudden he is a "project."

I'm curious, of the 31 other teams in the NFL, how many of them drafted a "project" in the first round? In fact, how many "projects" have been drafted in the first round in say the last 3 years?
    While I have had a LOT of posts about this KID. I do not think I have ever posted anything but the earliest I thought he should be considered to start was 2011. All of my posts should have said Orton having a "contract" year while Tebow saw spot duty in 3rd and short and inside the red zone.

I have NEVER thought any QB should be pressed into duty as a starter as a rookie.

Unless the VETERANs are broken and are available to play the rookie WHO ever he is IMO will not be ready to play at NFL speed.

For the most part other than OL, LB and maybe RB GENERALLY I do not think rookies should or are ready to be be full time starters. There are ocassional exceptions to that but rarely does a rookie QB have more than an OK rookie year.

I'd rather give them some time to delvelope.

IF Tebow was NFL ready with his mechanics then maybe because he is mentally a "football" player. Hope that explains it.

I could care less about other loser programs that had little if any options than to play rookie QB's we are not in the shape that INDY, DET, NYJ, BAL and ATL were in when they got their QB's.

At least I do not feel that way. If our QB was simms then maybe. But we have Orton and maybe even Quinn that should give us the bteathing room to allow Tebow to develop PROPERLY.

16. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Aaron rodgers and kevin kolb sat and it seemed to benifit them. I say let him sit one season and get playing time in red zone and wildcat spots unless he beats out the rest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    Aaron rodgers and kevin kolb sat and it seemed to benifit them. I say let him sit one season and get playing time in red zone and wildcat spots unless he beats out the rest.
    And Rivers, who the article was praising as the 3rd best in the league. Brady did as well.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

for those who think tebow should start just because he was a 1st rnd pick.....WRONG !
    it is widely recognized that tebow has tons of heart ,drive and the obvious ability to win,but also needs work on his footwork,ability to play under center and throwing mechanics.these were well known at the time of the draft.otherwise he would have been not only a 1st rounder but likely a top 5 pick.
    so the notion that "since we used a first....he must start" is dumb !
    we traded up because mcD felt he was the right guy to bring tebow along and help him reach his potential,possibly as soon as this year,but not likely.
    it's just sad that as fans we cant look down the road a year or 2 and try and see that doing whats best for the franchise does'nt always come with "instant gratification" or results.
    i think the best thing for the kid (and therefore the team) is to play as much preseason as possible and then MAYBE be used sparingly to throw opposing defenses a curve ball.
    all the while building the knowledge and confidence.
    there is no shame in grooming a qb for the future and 8 out of 10 times it's beneficial .
    so forget about fantasy stats and hype for a minute and think about what is best for the BRONCOS in the long run.
    thank you and good day

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Just went and checked.... Brees played in one game as a rookie, and started none.

So ONE of the top 4 qbs in the league started as rookies.

If he's ready... great. If not... that doesn't make him a bust. Not even in the first round.
    Thanks, Reid!

I love my wife!

21. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Most QB's say they do not learn by setting and the only way to learn is by doing.

What do you expect a competitve athlete to say?

I do not know of any QB save maybe Marino that did not struggle as a rookie. Others had good years but they also had damned fine Defenses or superb players surrounding them and even then their second year numbers were significantly better.

I'll set my rookie QB every time IF I can.

Struggling does not mean not learning.

Lets not forget Matt Ryan, Flacco, Rothlesburger, Flacco...

Also, Rivers sat behind Brees and Rodgers behind Favre. You are assuming these two wouldn't have done fine in the NFL as rookies if they had the chance. They just happened to be sitting behind some very good players.

Either way.. we can go down through history and find perfect examples that fit both sides of the line.

I'm not saying he SHOULD start. I'm saying there is absolutely NO REASON to sit him simply BECAUSE he is a rookie. If he's not better than Orton or Quinn, then sit. But don't sit him simply because he's a rookie. Thats foolish.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information