Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos' Orton, Quinn, Tebow compete in a great race

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually, Jake was playing poorly for most of the year. Shanny kept waiting for him to snap out of it but he never did.

I liked the Snake. I was really surprised he melted down that quickly and completely. I wonder what that was really about; if JC was in his head or if he was burned out or what?!
    I have no pride and I know no shame

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived GGMoogly For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually, Jake was playing poorly for most of the year. Shanny kept waiting for him to snap out of it but he never did.
    That's what I was trying say. He played poorly to say the least for nine games before Shanahan gave him the hook.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 06-08-2010 at 01:56 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

from rotoworld:

Brady Quinn-QB-Broncos Jun. 11 - 7:01 pm et

Coach Josh McDaniels is leaning toward keeping only two quarterbacks active on game days this season.

Activating a third QB would "put us behind the eight ball at other spots," explained McDaniels. The Broncos will want Tim Tebow active for situational work, so Brady Quinn will likely be the odd man out.
    Source: ESPN.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_nfl.aspx

LMFAO!

that didn't take long. . . so much for the school of thought that quinn's this great quarterback who just got a raw deal in cleveland, and he's only waiting for some decent coaching to turn him into a champion. . .

bottom line, dude just sucks. . .

*sits back to await the "it's only a fantasy football site" replies from those deluded enough to still think quinn can be a usable NFL quarterback*
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    from rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_nfl.aspx

LMFAO!

that didn't take long. . . so much for the school of thought that quinn's this great quarterback who just got a raw deal in cleveland, and he's only waiting for some decent coaching to turn him into a champion. . .

bottom line, dude just sucks. . .

*sits back to await the "it's only a fantasy football site" replies from those deluded enough to still think quinn can be a usable NFL quarterback*
    I don't know what you mean. Tebow will be the one cut.

Adopted Bronco:

Josh McDaniels: "No doubt" Orton is the starter
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 12, 2010 5:24 PM ET

Kyle Orton lined up with the Broncos starters to open the offseason, and that's where he'll remain heading into training camp.

"[Orton is the starter. He is the starter, no doubt," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Saturday, in a variety of different ways. Here's another:

"There's nothing to be resolved really. We've got a guy who's going to go into camp as the starter, no question about it and he deserves it and if somebody comes in there and plays better than he does then that player will play."

It doesn't sound like Brady Quinn is overly close to passing Orton, but it's also silly to draw many conclusions from non-padded practices.

"It's clear, I think, that Kyle is definitely ahead, there's no question," McDaniels said. "He's playing that way and the other two guys -- I don't know if it matters if it's close or not but they're going to keep pushing him and working hard to try to improve their game so that they can make it close."

Critics of Orton have questioned his competitiveness and passion in the past. Perhaps acquiring Quinn and Tim Tebow has helped to light a fire under him.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic...Frumormill.htm
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    A little early? Plummer started the first nine games before for his subpar play.
    Yes, a little early.

Like, BEFORE the season was over.

Mind I remind you of the record?

Oh, wait...that doesn't matter, all of a sudden. Jake had some bad games.

Shanny heard the fat lady singing, and he felt he HAD to play his new wonderboy. He went "all in".

Coach-killer 1.
    Shanny 0.

Adopted Bronco:

rc, you really went and dug up an orton, quinn, tebow thread that was buried weeks ago. . . to make a post about jake plummer?

come on, man, that's just SAD. . .

you guys really can't let it go, even now?

alright, sorry-- carry on. . . .
    - John Elway

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GGMoogly View Post
    I liked the Snake. I was really surprised he melted down that quickly and completely. I wonder what that was really about; if JC was in his head or if he was burned out or what?!
    I think it's pretty obvious something was said/overheard. Why else would Jake's number's drop in almost every statistical area? Following a 13-3 season?
    TD's down/Int's up/sacks up/ypa down/ypc down/qbrating down/ etc.

They had a 7-4 record when he got yanked for a rookie QB. They were in the running for a playoff spot.
    The only way a HC does that is if he's giving a significant number of snaps to the rook, instead of the starter. That way he can "justify" his action, saying he's "ready"/"will give us a better chance of winning"/"won the spot". In other words, IMO, he was deliberately hurting the team to further his waning, mediocre HC career with the Broncos.

I now relent to the uber-non-repentant Shanny followers/Jake haters.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

jake was a pretty damn good QB.and has a super hot wife

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious something was said/overheard. Why else would Jake's number's drop in almost every statistical area? Following a 13-3 season?
    He also had Javon Walker that year who played very well for us. I think it was a mental toughness thing on Jake's part. He didn't like looking over his shoulder. He was used to being backed up by BVP and Matt Mauck who had no chance of challenging him for the starting spot.

They had a 7-4 record when he got yanked for a rookie QB. They were in the running for a playoff spot.
    The only way a HC does that is if he's giving a significant number of snaps to the rook, instead of the starter. That way he can "justify" his action, saying he's "ready"/"will give us a better chance of winning"/"won the spot".
    Or maybe it's because Jake's play had become a liability. He'd thrown more INTs than TDs when he got the hook. Plummer was getting worse by the week.

In other words, IMO, he was deliberately hurting the team to further his waning, mediocre HC career with the Broncos.
    I think you, and maybe JR, are the only person(s) who would ever refer to Shanahan's HC career as "mediocre". Did it end as well as it started? No. But when you can count on 3 fingers the amount of losing seasons we had with him along with the two Lombardis, it really just sounds like you're "hating" on him. Waning yes, but FAR from mediocre.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

The hand writing was on the wall for Jake when they changed the offense for a more jay friendly pocket passing style.

Long before they had the horses on the LOS to pull it off. Not even sure if we do now and we raverage about 30 pounds heavier on the LOS than back then.

It was apparent to Jake he was being replaced after a career year and a 13-3 record. Classy act IMHO. And where are all thos players and coaches today.

None of them are as happy as Jake is.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Even so I remember Shanahan saying years later that he probably should have let Brister start.
    Yes he should have, was the beginning of the end for the Dynasty!

Adopted Bronco:
    the Greek

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post

The only way a HC does that is if he's giving a significant number of snaps to the rook, instead of the starter. That way he can "justify" his action, saying he's "ready"/"will give us a better chance of winning"/"won the spot". In other words, IMO, he was deliberately hurting the team to further his waning, mediocre HC career with the Broncos.

I now relent to the uber-non-repentant Shanny followers/Jake haters.

I don't think ANYTHING is obvious in this league. I liked Shanny, too, and as much as I liked Jake, he was stinking up the joint when the switch was made. I would have done the same thing. At least that's how I see it through bleary, drunken eyes at this ungodly hour of the morning.
    I have no pride and I know no shame

Jake was over the moment a new QB was drafted, and he knew it. Thats why his numbers dropped. He already didn't like studying film. To him, he didn't have any motivation to get better because he already knew he only had one more year in Denver anyway. Jake was sucking that season... horribly. His play was terrible. Jake hung it up early, and our offense IMPROVED when he was pulled and replaced by the rook.

Jake quit on that season, as far as caring goes. Thats why his numbers dropped. You don't have to 'overhear' something. When a QB is taken in the first round, its CLEAR AS A BELL that you have been replaced. Just as Orton has been replaced.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

21. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information