Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Random NBA Thoughts

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Last Dance is ******* great.

Why would they sit on that footage for this long though...did they know there was gonna be a pandemic and people would be suffering through a life without sports in 2020 and would need this series?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

Why would they sit on that footage for this long though...did they know there was gonna be a pandemic and people would be suffering through a life without sports in 2020 and would need this series?
    It’s all hinged on Michael Jordan’s approval. ESPN didn’t sit on it, they’ve been waiting for years. Bill Simmons wanted it to be one of the original 30/30s.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Well it's great. MJ chose a great time to release it.

I was never a huge basketball fan but over the last few years, and with the help of this doc, I think the drama in the NBA is probs the best.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

What platform?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What platform?
    The Mothership.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Holy fvk.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It’s all hinged on Michael Jordan’s approval. ESPN didn’t sit on it, they’ve been waiting for years. Bill Simmons wanted it to be one of the original 30/30s.
    Did you hear Bill and Ryan's completely ridiculous take today that Rodman was boring and shouldn't have had an episode dedicated to him? They had to have just been being contrary for the sake of being contrary right? If Dennis Rodman is boring, who exactly is interesting?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Did you hear Bill and Ryan's completely ridiculous take today that Rodman was boring and shouldn't have had an episode dedicated to him? They had to have just been being contrary for the sake of being contrary right? If Dennis Rodman is boring, who exactly is interesting?
    I have not listened to it. That’s a little weird.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Dennis Rodman is a cool character. He was maybe the most interesting part of that episode - learning about his upbringing and then how Phil Jackson was able to find a way to reach him.

Also didn't know he went to college in Oklahoma.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I might have stayed in Vegas with Carmen Elektra.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I love that the Detroit/Chicago rivalry is alive and well

Don’t buy into Michael Jordan’s narrative: The ‘Bad Boys’ Pistons deserve your respect
    https://sports.yahoo.com/dont-buy-in...154544792.html

Jordan and the Bulls appear like the more mature bunch in the way it was framed, but the Jordan-sanctioned documentary misses a very important point that led to the walk-off.

“The Pistons are undeserving champions,” Jordan said on the day between Games 3 and 4 in Detroit in 1991. “The Bad Boys are bad for basketball.”

In that moment, Jordan reduced the Pistons to thugs, not as champions who had to plow their way through the toughest road in a golden era. Sure, Jordan shook the Pistons’ hands in the years before, but his words invalidated those actions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

Funny you should ask, but yes, that was exactly their plan.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That’s the best joke NTL has ever made.

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

goosebumps

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I have not listened to it. That’s a little weird.
    Bill then doubled down on it on Twitter and is getting an all time ratio over it. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard he or Ryen say.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information