Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top 50 Metal Guitarist of alltime

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I know he isn't metal, but neither are Clapton, stevie ray , Gilmour an others on that list. Are you serious, you don't know how good Prince is?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I know he isn't metal, but neither are Clapton, stevie ray , Gilmour an others on that list. Are you serious, you don't know how good Prince is?
    No, I do, I just don't know how he fits into metal. I'd agree about Vaughn who played strictly blues, but Cream and Floyd were kind of the forerunners of what became metal.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

No I wouldn't have included Prince in a metal list obviously, but that list is hardly metal exclusive.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No, I do, I just don't know how he fits into metal. I'd agree about Vaughn who played strictly blues, but Cream and Floyd were kind of the forerunners of what became metal.
    That's why those two are on that list. No, they're not strictly metal guitarists per say. However, Clapton's work in the power trio of Cream laid the foundation of many a metal riff to come. And David Gilmour, though perhaps known more for his melodic and emotional guitar solos in Pink Floyd's later works, was very experimental with his heavy guitar sound on those early Pink Floyd albums. His heavier compositions on those early albums and during their live shows was very influential on many metal guitarists.
    A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

6. The Following User High Fived pulse For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information