Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Town hall discussion on procedures for banning and suspension

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    well, i noticed that they might be taking mod applications here . . .
    Dog for mod....now that is one I like! :clap:

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

well, i noticed that they might be taking mod applications here . . .
    I would throw my hat in that ring. I was being considered for mod at the Freak before the unfortunate events.

Then again....
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

4. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post

ahahahahah!!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

I agree and he could become known as

Mod-dog! or simply "dog..the bounty hunter"....
    Last edited by KCL; 06-23-2008 at 03:03 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

ahahahahah!!

Nah...I'm completely serious! I think you'd be good for the boards!

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    I agree and he could become known as

Mod-dog! or simply "dog..the bounty hunter"....
    Right now he's known as dog...the BOOTY hunter!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Right now he's known as dog...the BOOTY hunter!

Good one GEM!!!!

The topic here is banning and suspension..

While your input is needed

Please Take the mod stuff to the area that Tned set up for it..
    Last edited by topscribe; 06-23-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: just corrected a typo for ya :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

The topic here is banning and suspension..

While your input is needed

Please Take the mod stuff to the area that Tned set up for it..

1. Each future member upon registration must acknowledge by clicking something Tned will "invent" that they have read and fully understand the "BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines":

http://broncosforums.com/forums/show...93&postcount=1

Current members can re-activate their account by simply clicking on a similiar window set up by Tned agreeing to abide by the "BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines".

If anyone does not fully understand the "BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines"(BF-PRG), refer to Tned's thread before clicking on agreement:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/show...96&postcount=1

2. Suspension and Banishment should be left up to the sole discretion of Tned and the Mod Squad.

No public disclosure will be made for the reason(s) of the Mod's decisions for any member's suspension or dismissal.

Adopt a ZERO tolerance policy.

Members may be banished on the first violation of the PRG.

Warnings and second chances, if any, should be dealt with by the moderation staff on a case by case basis.

IMO, violations of the BR-PRG will continue by habitual malcontents regardless of how many "chances" are available.

3. Why waste everyone's time because of those that have no respect for the rules, the forum or it's members ?

Cull out and dismiss those who offer little or no contribution to BroncosForums and are here for the sole purpose of attracting attention to themselves by any means of disruption available.

4. Simple.

Agree to adhere to the rules, or go !

Go some where else and find a life.

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

15. The Following 10 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post
    1. Each future member upon registration must acknowledge by clicking something Tned will "invent" that they have read and fully understand the "BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines":

http://broncosforums.com/forums/show...93&postcount=1

Current members can re-activate their account by simply clicking on a similiar window set up by Tned agreeing to abide by the "BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines".

If anyone does not fully understand the "BroncosForums' Posting Rules and Guidelines"(BF-PRG), refer to Tned's thread before clicking on agreement:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/show...96&postcount=1

2. Suspension and Banishment should be left up to the sole discretion of Tned and the Mod Squad.

No public disclosure will be made for the reason(s) of the Mod's decisions for any member's suspension or dismissal.

Adopt a ZERO tolerance policy.

Members may be banished on the first violation of the PRG.

Warnings and second chances, if any, should be dealt with by the moderation staff on a case by case basis.

IMO, violations of the BR-PRG will continue by habitual malcontents regardless of how many "chances" are available.

3. Why waste everyone's time because of those that have no respect for the rules, the forum or it's members ?

Cull out and dismiss those who offer little or no contribution to BroncosForums and are here for the sole purpose of attracting attention to themselves by any means of disruption available.

4. Simple.

Agree to adhere to the rules, or go !

Go some where else and find a life.

I would agree with nearly everything AZ posted here, with one exception. Admin should continue posting a brief description as to 'why' someone was banned. This has worked well overall for this board, and it also serves as a remninder to those who 'skirt' the guidelines and rules on purpose trying to 'outsmart' the mod squad they too are not above these rules and regulations. We are all intelligent posters overall, so that behavior doesn't 'get by' without being noticed either.

I would further add though that ANY POSTER who comes into town hall and posts "Why was so-and-so banned, should immediately be deleted. If posters know there was a banning with a brief description, there should be no more discussion on that subject, period, end of discussion. I do consider those types of threads as 'flaming' the board and a 'waste' of the boards time and energy. It's negative, and anyone who gets banned deserves it. I've never seen a fellow poster banned without cause, and they are never innocent in their actions or behavior. Also, if someone has questions as to why someone was banned, they should only be allowed to PM Tned, and not any of the mods, but only one pm. If they don't get what they consider a 'satisfactory response' from Tned, too bad and move on. If they further pm Tned (or a mod), I would immediately consider that harrassment of the Admin/Mods, and they then get a warning they too can be banned if they send further pms. Bottom line, the banning/suspension is between the Admin/Mods and that individual poster. That poster took it upon themselves to bring that situation on, so that issue should remain between Admin and said-posters, not the entire board. They wanted to push the envelope in their behavior, let them fly on their own with the consequences. Friends coming in and 'sticking up for them' degrades this board, period. The only pm that really is appropriate is to e-mail your friend and tell them 'knock it off' and why do you keep pushing the envelope or I don't want to see you get banned from this board. Pm-ing Admin/Mods about your buddies is inappropriate and immature.

The PM system here is widely abused. If you don't like what people's opinions are, it's a matter of personal self-control to ignore it and move on, realizing the person who was banned had full responsibility for their own actions and acted in a manner that does not comply with rules and regulations on this board, whether you like it or not. If I post I don't think women should post showing their breasts on this board, it's my opinion and it's also to me to maintain some integrity on this board to avoid the board being degraded in it's overall quality or perspective of future new members. It is out of line to pm or make a salute-type message that I should have to pm you FIRST to discuss it. Show your breasts, your hiney, solicit sexual attention from fellow posters, and you are completely responsible for whatever your actions bring as far as consequences for those actions. If you want to reveal your body parts, then get a my-space account, but don't bring it on this board, period. This board is not intended for solicitation of any kind. This also goes for posters who want to discuss their penis size, woodies, or female-hate type of threads. If men have problems with females and they post that, they too should be warned and/or banned. It's crazy to bring those types of opinions on this board, and very unproductive. It's only meant to flame, nothing else. Everyone has to understand those types of solicitations should be handled through private pms.

So in a nutshell:
    1) No threads allowed for "Why" did a person get banned
    2) No angry or degrading salute-messages that express that anger.
    3) All solicitation (spamming, etc.) should have a ZERO tolerance, no matter what the product is.

Posters should always be allowed to express their opinions on this board and within this forum in a thoughtful manner without ridicule, cynical remarks from fellow posters, and without repercussions. It is the Admin/Mod's place not to fuel these posts if there are differing opinions and to maintain the atmosphere these opinions can be expressed openly (if done tastefully), and not incite further attacks from other posters, be it popular belief from some fellow posters or not.

Mods may be posters, but they have a responsibility not to incite arguments themselves or add fuel to the fire. Any mod that does should be feeling the consequences as much as any other poster on this board. It's not soley the responsibility of the members who bear these responsibilities or burdens, it should also be shared by mods. It's the P&R section I notice this type of problem the most, along with the Lounge. The Lounge maybe adult content, but then again, I see the most vicious attacks take place in the Lounge on other posters that is meant to degrade fellow posters. Mods stating individual opinions is as appropriate as any member, but only in good taste and with maturity. There should be NO exceptions any longer on this board, no matter how much a poster is funny or liked on this board. It's time to up the level of maturity on this board and setting good examples by the watch dogs is the ONLY way this will occur.
    Last edited by Jody; 06-29-2008 at 04:51 AM.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jody For This Post:

Ok, I am just bumping this for any last minute input from anyone. With work, including a trip to Europe a few weeks ago, and some other things that have kept me tied up, I have been negligent in getting this wrapped up.

Sometime in the next few days, I will be sorting through all the input, and create a guideline for if/when mods can ban members. So, again, this would be the time to add your thoughts if you haven't already done so. Or, add additional comments even if you have.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information