I guess my wife and I are in that "complete idiot" group, since we watch Glee.Glee sucks .com
The television show Glee is probably the worst thing in the world. You may be saying to yourself, “Just don’t watch it if you don’t like it. Why the need for Gleesucks.com?” The simple answer is that sometimes you have to take a stand. If tea prices were too high, we would throw a bunch of tea into the ocean while dressed as Indians. If gas prices were too high, we’d go exxon-valdez on it and run a tanker into a rocky outcropping. Our generation is being assaulted by Glee, so we have created Gleesucks.com. We cannot prove this, but we are fairly certain that Glee was created by enemies of America to blunt the minds of the people of this nation. Here are some of the reasons why Glee sucks.
1. It is targeted at complete idiots. The creators of the show insist on spoon feeding the viewers every element of the show. Glee technically claims to be a comedy and if there is a joke to be made, it is set up for 5 minutes and then taken to the most glaringly obvious end. The “dramatic” moments are equally as banal. When Glee wants some romantic tension, they place the two most unlikely people imaginable, people who would obviously never even be friends let alone romantically involved, and have them get engaged.
2. The main storylines make absolutely no sense. A married man believes his wife is pregnant when she isn’t. A student believes he has impregnated his girlfriend without having had sex with her. The evil cheerleading coach (seriously), Sue Sylvester, has a very fervent vendetta for the glee club to be destroyed. Frequently, she will attempt to have the glee club disbanded. A reason is never given for why she does this.
3. The characters are actually just caricatures that act in a manner that is completely overblown and stereotypical.
4. Glee very subtly hints in the shows logo that this is a show about losers. Often I will here people state that, “I like Glee because now it’s cool to be a geek.” We have no doubt that the people who say this were losers in high school, but we have to wonder how they identify with the Glee characters who are the most attractive and talented people in their school. What high school in America would these kids not be in the top 5 percentile of popularity? Take Rachel for example, not a lot of high school males are not going to want to spend some quality time with her. Yet we are supposed to feel sorry for her because though she is attractive, no one likes her because she is too talented. Our hearts are breaking just thinking about it. The glee club kids often complain about how hard their life is because they are into music and not everyone likes them. The football players don’t like them. They have their entire club and. and frankly, that is more friends than most people have in high school.
5. Glee’s attempt at being diverse is so overt that it is offensive. The first people to join glee club are a black girl, a jewish girl, a guy in a wheel chair, asian girl, and a gay guy. Casting meetings must have looked something like, “Come on people! We can’t stop until we have one of everything! We are going to be the most ******* diverse show ever!”
6. T he acting, much like the disproportionate characters, is so overdone that it is often embarresing to watch. Documentation of this will be provided in later posts
Despite all of these reasons, Glee still consistently had over 7 million viewers weekly and won numerous awards including the Golden Globe for best comedy. Our heart weeps for America. And our tears take the shape of blog posts.
I'm pretty amazed at the flaming going on over a TV show, but I guess if I wasn't a "complete idiot" I might understand why a TV show is so threatening to some.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums