Page 57 of 212 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout thread

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    Yeah, your right about that but I'm hesitant to use negative motivation on people I don't know. Just don't know how they would react. Everybody is motivated differently. If you were to say " get the sand out of your vagina" to me, I would improve drastically because I can be motivated to prove you wrong. Others, well, might get their feelings hurt. Believe me Rev, I've had to change my mentality drastically when I switched from being an E7 to an officer.
    This is a problem I don't have

Though I have a ton of promotional stuff coming up for my book that I'll probably eventually shove my foot in my mouth for. Hell, if it starts off slow I might do it intentionally to boost publicity.

So I just finished the first week of this 5/3/1 "Boring But Big" program and holy crap did that hurt. The simplicity and, frankly, the low weight had me thinking it'd be a breeze compared to what I'm used to, but by the 10th set of these core your lifts you're just done for. It's been fantastic in that painful way.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

2. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Rev can say whatever he wants, and there is some truth to it. If he thinks that his opinion will be motivation for me fine, but I've got three other people's opinion that matter way more, and I'd like their opinion to not be, "Dad is too lazy to come and play with us" or "I miss my dead father".
    You say that but let shin splints slow you down. Seriously, get moving. It's not getting any easier until you dive in.

What do you guys think of this?

Basic template for some promotional T-Shirts to go with the launch of my website and PR campaign in a couple weeks (all diff colors available if that's your complaint)

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Meh. It's "mean" but I bet it's a lot more motivating than whatever coddling lead/enabled him to where he is.

Casual support of "you can do it!" doesn't force or really even help someone to change habits that they've had for literally decades and made them literally morbidly obese.

No one ever positively changed their life by rationalizing into "I'll do it later because it hurts right now"... and that's just reality.
    Understood perfectly. I have to be VERY nice about things with my students, but there is no dancing around this issue : you want big results, you have to kill it in your workouts and eat clean. There is no other way.

I started out with something REALLY motivating : my girl, in front of me and on my turf, telling another guy how great he looked after losing some weight. I already hated everything about myself by that point. Rage drove me back to the gym. Worked pretty damned well. Every time I started to wear down, I'd look in the mirror, then picture that guy. He wouldn't have a prayer of keeping up with me now (and he's about 15 years younger than me -- great feeling!).

I'm hardcore about being positive these days, but, whatever it takes, all excuses have to be set aside. Easier with a buddy, of course. The guy who got me to join Genesis 3 years ago stopped working out and started packing on the pounds. I was nice as could be with him and, despite the fact we had been friends for 12 years, he wouldn't open up to me until I said "or you could quit being such a b*tch, get off the @#$%ing couch, and teach me to kick box." He's training for a half marathon in June and has a triathlon on the horizon.

Not that that approach would work with everyone, of course, but it's a lot gentler than what got me off the couch.

6. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

so keith how is arson working out for you???
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Got back from Houston on Monday. Was supposed to be back Sunday, but the AWESOME airline (American) shafted my wife and I so we flew out Monday on United instead. Still haven't been to the gym. It's been two weeks. As soon as we got back I immediately started packing. We are moving right now so I'm pressed for time. With no one to baby sit or help during the day (all my buddies are at work) I've been moving everything that I can by myself. Today I'm moving heavy furniture with a couple friends who are coming by to help out. Next week it's back to work and back to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend:1611610
    What do you guys think of this?

Basic template for some promotional T-Shirts to go with the launch of my website and PR campaign in a couple weeks (all diff colors available if that's your complaint)
    they are pretty cool. You had to include your USMC flavor . I like the phrase on the back. I have also seen a phrase for our combatives saying " Welcome to the Suck".

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Understood perfectly. I have to be VERY nice about things with my students, but there is no dancing around this issue : you want big results, you have to kill it in your workouts and eat clean. There is no other way.

I started out with something REALLY motivating : my girl, in front of me and on my turf, telling another guy how great he looked after losing some weight. I already hated everything about myself by that point. Rage drove me back to the gym. Worked pretty damned well. Every time I started to wear down, I'd look in the mirror, then picture that guy. He wouldn't have a prayer of keeping up with me now (and he's about 15 years younger than me -- great feeling!).

I'm hardcore about being positive these days, but, whatever it takes, all excuses have to be set aside. Easier with a buddy, of course. The guy who got me to join Genesis 3 years ago stopped working out and started packing on the pounds. I was nice as could be with him and, despite the fact we had been friends for 12 years, he wouldn't open up to me until I said "or you could quit being such a b*tch, get off the @#$%ing couch, and teach me to kick box." He's training for a half marathon in June and has a triathlon on the horizon.

Not that that approach would work with everyone, of course, but it's a lot gentler than what got me off the couch.
    I get both approaches. Ultimately it has to come from within, I think. The drive and the desire. Little things can motivate you, but mostly it comes down to your willpower and how bad you want it. Both in cutting down on eating and on hitting the iron. My wife always says that I look great and that I should take it easy, but I am just not built that way. I either go all the way or I don't. And I just don't have the physique that I want.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

So I began to use quercetin again. It really helps when I run. When I used to use it I had my best run times in years. Today I also bought some new running shoes so I'm excited to break them in. They are cheaper than most and not all fancy but they are good for running.

13. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    You say that but let shin splints slow you down. Seriously, get moving. It's not getting any easier until you dive in.
    I'm not saying that I'm not diving in. I've been logging my workouts and progress as one motivator. I'm not going to attempt running until my knees have less weight to bear. Friday and Saturday were my "off days" where I walked 9 holes (1.5 miles carrying 20lbs on my back), and 12 holes (2.5 miles carrying 20 lbs on my back) of golf. Sunday I swam for 45 minutes, and this morning I worked my Back and Biceps followed by 20 minutes of HIIT for cardio (did 8 intervals). And even when I've met my short term goals (get down to 240, yadda yadda), I'm more likely to do cardio other ways than running.

I've got to be smart and stay the course without trying to over do it right away. I can't afford to work myself out until I can't move, and my total intention is to get lean. I feel like I have more energy now than I had before the start of the year. Last year when I would go hit the links, the limiting factor on the number of holes I could play using a push cart was how out of breath and tired I was toward the end. Now the only thing that limits me is my window of time that I get away from the wife and kids.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Got back from Houston on Monday. Was supposed to be back Sunday, but the AWESOME airline (American) shafted my wife and I so we flew out Monday on United instead. Still haven't been to the gym. It's been two weeks. As soon as we got back I immediately started packing. We are moving right now so I'm pressed for time. With no one to baby sit or help during the day (all my buddies are at work) I've been moving everything that I can by myself. Today I'm moving heavy furniture with a couple friends who are coming by to help out. Next week it's back to work and back to the gym.
    It's only 2 weeks, not 2 years. You're fine, it's just exaggerated in your own head.

...which is a good thing because you can use that as motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    they are pretty cool. You had to include your USMC flavor . I like the phrase on the back. I have also seen a phrase for our combatives saying " Welcome to the Suck".
    Was going to use the EGA until I found out they have licensing issues... which I didnt want to deal with for less than triple digit #s of promo shirts.

The saying on the back is the book title along with my future website that's being built now. Had a promotional material and marketing meeting about all this stuff on Friday and there's just SOOOOOOOOO much to do and be ready for, but I'm also excited to take this shot.

Already been RIDICULOUSLY busy with it and it's MONTHS before it's even released.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    Seems to be pretty good. I'm going to alternate with the following when cutting, though :

ephedrine + caffeine (Thank you to TheReverend for the tip)

yohimbine + caffeine

2 weeks with 1, then switch for 2 weeks. Started an 8 week cut last Thursday. Not going extreme -- 1800 calories, but that's a good drop from the 2500-3000 I had been running. I had my optimal weight loss results at 1800 calories. I dropped as low as 1200 for a while, but that was just too low for me.

17. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop:1613671
    Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    Seems to be pretty good. I'm going to alternate with the following when cutting, though :

ephedrine + caffeine (Thank you to TheReverend for the tip)

yohimbine + caffeine

2 weeks with 1, then switch for 2 weeks. Started an 8 week cut last Thursday. Not going extreme -- 1800 calories, but that's a good drop from the 2500-3000 I had been running. I had my optimal weight loss results at 1800 calories. I dropped as low as 1200 for a while, but that was just too low for me.
    I looked into Arson but it sporTs its like Hydroxycut. That stuff makes u feel cracked out without ephedrine. Thats probably horrible. Hey, but if it works , keep going but use caution like drinking tons of water.

Sunday I ran about 6.5 miles, Mon I rucked about 14 miles with a 50 lbs pack, and today I ran another 6.5 miles. I feel really tired. Next week I will see if I trained hard enough or not. I still have to run 6.5 miles on friday

Every day this week I've had homemade rice bowls for lunch. I'm hooked and it's super clean eating.

1 serving brown rice
    Your preference of a serving of beans
    Lean grown beef or shredded chicken
    Low fat cheddar
    Salsa

Feeling like I'm cheating while having a damn near perfect PWO meal.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information