Page 200 of 212 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I separated my shoulder about 3 weeks ago. Grade 2 AC sprain - tore some ligaments but no surgery required. My upper body is getting a little soft(er than usual) as I haven't been able to do pushups, chest, etc.

Anyone dealt with that before and have any advice on ramping back up? Doc said 6 week recovery.
    Many times. I have a SLAP tear and a torn rotator cuff. If it hurts, don't do it. Let it heal. Take twice as much time as you think you need for warmups once you start back up.

Get a broomstick and go look for shoulder mobility warmups on YouTube. Dedicate time in your warmups specifically for your shoulders.

If you want specific exercises let me know and I'll put together a warmup routine for you

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Many times. I have a SLAP tear and a torn rotator cuff. If it hurts, don't do it. Let it heal. Take twice as much time as you think you need for warmups once you start back up.

Get a broomstick and go look for shoulder mobility warmups on YouTube. Dedicate time in your warmups specifically for your shoulders.

If you want specific exercises let me know and I'll put together a warmup routine for you
    Appreciate the offer - don't put too much time into it, but would definitely be interested to hear what was specifically helpful for you in your recovery.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I separated my shoulder about 3 weeks ago. Grade 2 AC sprain - tore some ligaments but no surgery required. My upper body is getting a little soft(er than usual) as I haven't been able to do pushups, chest, etc.

Anyone dealt with that before and have any advice on ramping back up? Doc said 6 week recovery.
    I did that about ten years ago, ended up getting surgery about five years after that. I'd look into resistance bands for the shoulder stuff until pushups feel fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I did that about ten years ago, ended up getting surgery about five years after that. I'd look into resistance bands for the shoulder stuff until pushups feel fine.
    That's my biggest concern that it doesn't heal as anticipated. Shoulders are always tricky. How bad was your initial separation? Was it just never right, or did you reaggrevate it somehow?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Appreciate the offer - don't put too much time into it, but would definitely be interested to hear what was specifically helpful for you in your recovery.
    Start with no resistance whatsoever, when pain free get the lightest resistance band you can find, move up when that one is pain free.

Front raises 3 x 10
    Side raises 3 x 10
    Y raises 3 x 10. (Arms between front and side raises)

Circuit - 3 times 10 of each exercise within the set - superset no stopping - SUPER SUPER LIGHT - front raise, internal rotation, external rotation, pull backs (like a lat row).

That was exactly my physical therapy after 15 minutes on an arm bike.

Any questions just let me know. I have continued to use it for warmups and have managed to be mostly pain free and have not aggravated the injury even though I know already I need surgery

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That's my biggest concern that it doesn't heal as anticipated. Shoulders are always tricky. How bad was your initial separation? Was it just never right, or did you reaggrevate it somehow?
    It was an AC3, and my something-bone jutted significantly above the normal plane of my shoulder. I was snowboarding and landed square on it, abruptly, on ice at a high rate of speed. The ligament was completely separated. They told me surgery was optional, as it would heal and provide stability with or without the surgery. It healed fine, but just felt off--not in an athletic sense, but in a 24 hours of the day sense--back pain presumably from carrying the load of my body differently. The surgery was moving a tendon or ligament to put things in their proper place like a flesh staple...it's not a functional repair, but I'm glad I had it and would have had it sooner knowing what I do now.

I remember bench pressing about 5-6 weeks after the injury, and it felt super awkward. Not painful, but just...wrong. It takes a while, be patient with it. About three months after I felt pretty ok--just glad it was my non-spiking (volleyball) shoulder.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Since we are in the workout thread, heck, I'll share.

I've been going just about daily for a while now. I am very pleased with the results. I am not following a workout plan, just trying to hit the main muscle groups regular. The best result is overall physique, which my wife describes as buff and sexy. Recently I got a plantar wart which is a mfer if you've never had one, it makes running and other impact type cardio miserable, but I can grind on one of the elliptical type things.

Second best result is that my beer-drinking habit is sustainable with all this workout stuff. I guess I'm trading a six-pack for a six-pack. Oh well.

Also, I am starting to believe in old man strength. I'm legit wondering if I should make a goal of dunking on a ten foot rim...I've come close when I was younger, but I'm encouraged by the gains I've been getting. Probably just a passing notion, but I'll be sure to report back if I unlock that achievement. I still look like a string bean for the most part, but I can at least smile to myself that I'm often lifting more than some muscle-y looking gymtards I see.

I'm sure they are nice people.

Well, most of them.

We know some of them are insufferable douches who are quite proud of their physical accomplishments.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Since we are in the workout thread, heck, I'll share.

I've been going just about daily for a while now. I am very pleased with the results. I am not following a workout plan, just trying to hit the main muscle groups regular. The best result is overall physique, which my wife describes as buff and sexy. Recently I got a plantar wart which is a mfer if you've never had one, it makes running and other impact type cardio miserable, but I can grind on one of the elliptical type things.

Second best result is that my beer-drinking habit is sustainable with all this workout stuff. I guess I'm trading a six-pack for a six-pack. Oh well.

Also, I am starting to believe in old man strength. I'm legit wondering if I should make a goal of dunking on a ten foot rim...I've come close when I was younger, but I'm encouraged by the gains I've been getting. Probably just a passing notion, but I'll be sure to report back if I unlock that achievement. I still look like a string bean for the most part, but I can at least smile to myself that I'm often lifting more than some muscle-y looking gymtards I see.

I'm sure they are nice people.

Well, most of them.

We know some of them are insufferable douches who are quite proud of their physical accomplishments.
    Good on you man, keep at it.

Old man strength is no joke. I would throttle a 20 year old me. I'm MUCH stronger, certainly more skilled in hand-hand, etc. My endurance was better 20 years ago, but it wouldn't matter as it wouldn't take long enough to make that matter.

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Haven't missed a day since I joined the crossfit gym. I'm really enjoying it, despite the enormous amount of pain it's causing.

On a related note: whoever invented squat cleans is a sadist.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I haven't lifted until recently since before I left the military. Been over four years since I last stepped foot in the gym. Been back at it for a couple months now. I'm amazed at how quickly my strength has come back. I think a lot of it is muscle memory, but I'm pretty happy. Not lifting like I used to 4-5 years ago. Just making sure to hit the big lifts as often as possible with some auxiliary work sprinkled in. Not doing much cardio due to time restrictions (getting to the gym at about 4:15am and have to be home by about 5:20 so my wife can leave for work on time). Been doing a ketogenic diet off and on for the last 14 months or so and that's been a big game changer for me mostly because of the HUGE reduction in inflammation.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Haven't missed a day since I joined the crossfit gym. I'm really enjoying it, despite the enormous amount of pain it's causing.

On a related note: whoever invented squat cleans is a sadist.
    I've been thinking about crossfit or maybe joining up at a BJJ or similar type place. I never felt that confident about my ground game.

What do y'all think?

21. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I've been thinking about crossfit or maybe joining up at a BJJ or similar type place. I never felt that confident about my ground game.

What do y'all think?
    Do it. Both are great. Not just for workouts but for community, self confidence, etc.. I got invited to go to base tomorrow for a Marine martial arts class, mostly bjj stuff. I'll help with standing to ground fighting and get to spar for a while.

Been almost a year, I'm nervous

23. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Today's workout:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20190313-081340_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	13831

I'm beat. I scaled the push press and thrusters to 85# so I wouldn't wreck my shoulder but kept Rx weight for everything else. My partner and I finished in 29:15.

I then did another set of 160 partner wallballs with our coaches' partner because she had to hit the showers and get ready for work.

Good times.

25. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If anyone is interested, Memorial Day workout in every crossfit gym across the country is a workout known as "Murph" for Navy Seal Michael Patrick Murphy KIA in Afghanistan, first Medal of Honor recipient since Vietnam.

Workout is:
    1 Mile run
    100 pullups
    200 pushups
    300 squats
    1 Mile run.

I'll be doing it Monday morning in boots and utes, possibly with a weighted vest as well. We shall see.

27. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information