Page 196 of 212 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Pulling the trigger on some gym flooring for my unfinished basement. Going to get it cleaned out and converted this weekend. I'd like to get a treadmill and some equipment down there, but figure if I can get the flooring in the meantime then at least I can start to mess around with a kettle bell and some basic stuff while I try to find a deal on some equipment.
    Look at your local craigslist. I found an awesome deal on a full weight rack (squat rack, smith bar, pull up bar, chest fly, dip bar, cables on top and bottom to do any kind of lats, biceps, triceps, etc) plus 300 lbs of barbells for $450. Dude's wife just wanted the stuff gone.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Your basement will be the largest moisture area in the house. It's not about preserving the floor from what you do on top of it, although that's important, but for the basement you need to worry about the moisture coming in from around and up from the soil. If you place flooring on top of it you're now trapping that moisture and can cause mold/mildew under the matting as well as damage the concrete underneath. Right now your concrete is brand new and beautiful, but if you put a dehumidifier in your basement I promise you will have more water in it than you expect.

Anyhow, I would HIGHLY recommend sealing it. AW4M would be able to tell you exactly what product you should use, etc as he is MUCH more knowledgeable on it than I and his advice when I had to remove the damage caused by the previous homeowner not sealing the concrete before putting down flooring was invaluable.

Protect your investment Buff, it might not seem important today, but it will be at some point, so do it while it's easy.
    This is great. Thank you.

AW4M - if you have any advice on sealants I'd love to hear your thoughts. Or anyone else for that matter. I also want to do my garage and wondering how the two may differ (or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Look at your local craigslist. I found an awesome deal on a full weight rack (squat rack, smith bar, pull up bar, chest fly, dip bar, cables on top and bottom to do any kind of lats, biceps, triceps, etc) plus 300 lbs of barbells for $450. Dude's wife just wanted the stuff gone.
    Yeah I've been monitoring as I was hoping to find a good deal on a treadmill - but I've found it more difficult than I anticipated... Would love to find someone moving and just trying to unload a bunch of stuff.

4. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Gym membership on Monday - time to become a beast again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Gym membership on Monday - time to become a beast again.
    Get it son-

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Get it son-
    Davii will train me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Davii will train me!
    I'll help all I can. If you lived closer I'd kick your ass into shape!

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I've been using the rowing machine during my workouts. I've improved my 10km time from 51-52m to 43m over the last month. It's a nifty exercise machine, I can see why the chick in House of Cards got one for Kevin Spacey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I've been using the rowing machine during my workouts. I've improved my 10km time from 51-52m to 43m over the last month. It's a nifty exercise machine, I can see why the chick in House of Cards got one for Kevin Spacey.
    Rowing machines burn a lot more calories than one would expect.

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

After TDY, and only getting three good weight training sessions in need to get my ass back in gear.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    After TDY, and only getting three good weight training sessions in need to get my ass back in gear.
    I've been in an "active recovery" this week. I skipped my strength workouts on Tuesday and Thursday and did a little bit lighter runs Monday, Wednesday, and today. I had some knee pain that lasted from the 10k on Satruday until yesterday, so I wanted to take it a little easy and heal up. We'll see how the knee feels on today's run.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I've been in an "active recovery" this week. I skipped my strength workouts on Tuesday and Thursday and did a little bit lighter runs Monday, Wednesday, and today. I had some knee pain that lasted from the 10k on Satruday until yesterday, so I wanted to take it a little easy and heal up. We'll see how the knee feels on today's run.
    Don't you miss the days when body didn't ache have running?
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Back to 10 x 185# on the bench. Next up, 205#. I'm shocked my body has responded this quickly to working out after years off.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

At the end of my daily 10km row yesterday my final 2000m split was 7:45, my fastest yet. That is the VO2 equivalent of a 6-minute mile pace. My other splits were closer to 9 minutes, but I had a lot left in the tank at the end and figured I should go for it. Concept 2, the rowing machine, has a website where you can compare your 2000m times with your cohort (all times are verified). 7:45 is like 50th percentile.

I highly recommend this rower thingy. Great cardio and upper body at the same time.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

24. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    At the end of my daily 10km row yesterday my final 2000m split was 7:45, my fastest yet. That is the VO2 equivalent of a 6-minute mile pace. My other splits were closer to 9 minutes, but I had a lot left in the tank at the end and figured I should go for it. Concept 2, the rowing machine, has a website where you can compare your 2000m times with your cohort (all times are verified). 7:45 is like 50th percentile.

I highly recommend this rower thingy. Great cardio and upper body at the same time.
    I might start replacing one run a week with the rower. Less impact, still getting great cardio. I've also started a strength training regimen now instead of just haphazardly going and throwing heavy shit about after a run. I'm pretty sore right now.

26. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I might start replacing one run a week with the rower. Less impact, still getting great cardio. I've also started a strength training regimen now instead of just haphazardly going and throwing heavy shit about after a run. I'm pretty sore right now.
    I'm totally haphazard with the weights. I should do something formal. You doing a program or something?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information