Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The last couple weeks my sons have been conditioning for football. Well, my younger son was finishing his 100 yd dash about a week ago then his glutus (butt muscle) tightened up.

He has been/tried RICE, stretching, heat, drinking plenty of water but it seems to only tighten up when sprinting the bases or sprinting the cones.

Other than playing internet doctor (like I have), I was wondering any opinions of how to fix this. I'll probably send him to the doc to make sure it's not that bad next week.
    Go to activerelease.com and find a full body certified ART doctor and get him there asap. The Broncos employ the inventor of ART and have him on the sidelines of every game. You see him durring the games pushing and pulling on players. It is also written up in the book , 4 Hour Body. Good luck, hope your son heals up quick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

For the past month and a half I've been using a protein by a brand called Intek Nutrition. It's a blend of whey, egg, soy, and cassien proteins. It pretty much does everything you need a protein to do. You get the immediate absorption from the whey so it's good for post-workout, but it's also got the time release, slow digesting stuff that the cassien gives you so it's good to take in the morning (if you work out in the afternoon) or in the afternoon (if you work out in the morning) as well as before bed so your muscles don't go catabolic. Each scoop contains 160 calories and 34g of protein. It's the leanest, highest protein per serving stuff on the market. The only stuff with that much protein per scoop is weight gain or mass gain type stuff. It tastes amazing as well. I bought it at Complete Nutrition, but it can also be purchased at www.inteknutrition.com and nowhere else that I'm aware of. So now my supplement line-up consists of this with an afternoon workout

Morning:

1 scoop of protein as soon as I wake up
    2 glucosamine pills
    1 Vitamin B12 pill
    1 fish oil pill
    2 kre-alkyline pills (creatine)

Pre-workout:

About 90 minutes pre-workout I take Yoked by USPLabs
    About 30-45 minutes before I take a heaping scoop of USPLabs Jack3d
    2 Glutamine pills
    2 more kre-alkyline (creatine) pills

Post workout:

1 scoop of protein
    2 Glutamine pills
    2 BCAA pills

Before bed:

1 fish oil pill
    1 scoop protein

I've been in Texas living in a hotel for the past month and a half, so eating like I want to has been challenging. For breakfast I'm eating three scrambled egg whites and cottage cheese with berries and a little honey in it. Lunch is usually something quick because work dictates that but I usually have a protein bar, a PB&J, a Greek yogurt, and a string cheese (not the greatest lunch, but somewhat healthy). For dinner I'm trying to keep the carbs low and the protein high so it usually consists of a can of white albacore tuna in water with some broccoli or something along those lines. I can't do the 5-7 small meals per day thing. It's not realistic for me.

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Kepp up the good work SR.

I've been sitting on my ass on the couch for six months going through a treatment.

I've been sick for three years and only found out eight months ago.

Now I'm done and starting to feel better. I am supposed to be better than before in a few months.

Haven't done yoga, rode my bike or worked out since april.

When I was doing it I was eating four of five times a day now just whatever.

Time to get back into my life.
    Merry.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Good to see you are sticking with it SR. Living out of hotels can be deadly on the diet.

I could never do the small meals thing. I was hungry all day. I ended up going an intermittent fast routine, which was basically eating all my daily calories within an 8-9 hour window. It was awesome and effective. Don't believe any of that crap about slowing metabolism either. I cut down from 26% to 13-14% before I hurt myself wakeboarding. Haven't been able to do much since, so I decided to take a break to heal. I figured that I could use a break anyways.

Started back up on Monday with Layne Norton's PHAT routine. Holy crap do I have muscle soreness today. Awesome routine though. Figure I will go with eating more and heavy lifting for a couple months. Then cut back down again. We will see how it goes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

just got started on Gaspari Myofusion Strawberries and cream...someone on here told me about it......also got some NO-Reload from Trueprotein.com...great shit..tastes horrible but I love it

instead of going to the gym, I just post in this thread.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

my workout has evolved into eating a couple steaks and some chili, drinking 8 or 10 beers and passing out in my chair. I really feel the burn later when I get up out of the chair to go drop a deuce.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    just got started on Gaspari Myofusion Strawberries and cream...someone on here told me about it......also got some NO-Reload from Trueprotein.com...great shit..tastes horrible but I love it
    Myofusion is pretty good protein. I like the protein I take better just because of the extra shit it has in it. And with 34g of protein and only 160 calories per scoop you can't beat it. It also has colostrum in it which if awesome for your immune system. You pay out the ass for it though, which is probably why a lot of people don't buy it.

I'm going to start a new protein regimen once I'm done with this tub of Intek protein though. I'm gonna switch to Optimum Nutrition. I'll buy some of their 100% whey and some of their 100% cassien. The whey will be for right after workouts and the cassein will be for when I need slower digesting protein and to keep my amino levels up for extended periods of time.

I'm going back to South Dakota next Thursday so I'll be able to get back to my normal routine of working out in the morning before work. I'll have to adjust my pill regimen and whatnot but I'll be able to really key in on my eating and protein intake.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    my workout has evolved into eating a couple steaks and some chili, drinking 8 or 10 beers and passing out in my chair. I really feel the burn later when I get up out of the chair to go drop a deuce.
    Way to patronize everyone in here who takes working out seriously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Back in the saddle.. Doing a P90X/INSANITY hybrid.

Halfway through week #2....

Eating clean.. doing my recovery drinks after workouts.

I graze.. small portions often.. keeping my metabolism up and running.

Eating more...

This summer I was so on the go...
    I cut my caloric intake because I was way too
    busy to stick to my workouts.

Glad I took the break. I really needed it.

Now.. it is like a new workout all over... Muscle Confusion.

I feel better.....more energy... lifting higher weight than before.

I feel stronger.

Just posting as one more way of being accountable.

Keep hitting it , everybody.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    Back in the saddle.. Doing a P90X/INSANITY hybrid.

Halfway through week #2....

Eating clean.. doing my recovery drinks after workouts.

I graze.. small portions often.. keeping my metabolism up and running.

Eating more...

This summer I was so on the go...
    I cut my caloric intake because I was way too
    busy to stick to my workouts.

Glad I took the break. I really needed it.

Now.. it is like a new workout all over... Muscle Confusion.

I feel better.....more energy... lifting higher weight than before.

I feel stronger.

Just posting as one more way of being accountable.

Keep hitting it , everybody.
    My body still cringes a little bit when I think about Plyo days.

P90X is a great foundation building/weight loss program. Just remember, you get out of it what you put into it.

17. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

P90X can yield really good results, but you gotta stick with it. I know a couple guys I work with that swear by it and cross-fit, but I know a few guys that hate P90X just because it defies conventional weight lifting wisdom. Good luck with it either way!

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Way to patronize everyone in here who takes working out seriously.
    I work out as well, I just dont feel the need to advertise it on a forum. I wasnt patronizing, but making a joke. I tend to do that alot on here... sorry if it offends, bud, thats not what I was intending to do.

I have done the P90X and I dont like it just because of the yoga and shit. My wife does P90X and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I work out as well, I just dont feel the need to advertise it on a forum. I wasnt patronizing, but making a joke. I tend to do that alot on here... sorry if it offends, bud, thats not what I was intending to do.

I have done the P90X and I dont like it just because of the yoga and shit. My wife does P90X and loves it.
    I don't think anyone feels a "need" to advertise it either. It's just something to talk about.

22. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Weazel and SR, that's enough. Let it go

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information