Page 67 of 212 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    It's in the Army, at my height they only let me weigh 168 or under. That's great and all for those who never lifted before and have very little muscle. So they now look at my body fat percentage using a tape measure.
    I see.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's in the Army, at my height they only let me weigh 168 or under. That's great and all for those who never lifted before and have very little muscle. So they now look at my body fat percentage using a tape measure.
    The way the Air Force calculates the PT test scores, you get more or less points for your waist. For example, you get max points for 35" abdominal circumference (measurement taken at the top of the hip bones pretty much even with your belly button) or less, but if you're above 39" you actually fail your entire PT test just based on your AC measurement being above the max.

Sup guys. 1 week away from my Bahamas cruise and starting the last leg of this 5/3/1 program and the trial run of that test booster supp my buddy sent me to log for them.

Been crazy busy all the workout stuff seems to be going really well outside of this stupid shoulder injury. Literally scares me to bench heavy but its held up so far (if you considering hurting like crazy since Dec "holding up")

Also, WAY too excited not to share this:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-1-933909-21-9

PW almost never gives more than a backhanded compliment so that review is HUGE. Only a couple days old and already getting interest in TV/film rights.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

4. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Rev, maybe if you rest your shoulder for a week or two it will quit hurting. That's what I would do. Rest it on the cruise for sure.
    Merry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend:1638546
    Sup guys. 1 week away from my Bahamas cruise and starting the last leg of this 5/3/1 program and the trial run of that test booster supp my buddy sent me to log for them.

Been crazy busy all the workout stuff seems to be going really well outside of this stupid shoulder injury. Literally scares me to bench heavy but its held up so far (if you considering hurting like crazy since Dec "holding up")

Also, WAY too excited not to share this:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-1-933909-21-9

PW almost never gives more than a backhanded compliment so that review is HUGE. Only a couple days old and already getting interest in TV/film rights.
    Thats awesome bro. I'm happy for you. Hopefully you can get a movie deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Rev, maybe if you rest your shoulder for a week or two it will quit hurting. That's what I would do. Rest it on the cruise for sure.
    Thats the plan. I was going to rest it after the contest but my buddy asked me to log this APE stuff for him and sent it so I figured I'd push just a LITTLE longer.

After the cruise I'm gonna try the following rest plan:

1.5 weeks of nothing
    1 week of legs 2x
    1 week of legs and deads

And then see how it feels

Thats awesome bro. I'm happy for you. Hopefully you can get a movie deal.
    That's my hope. Would be amazing. I've gotten some great back cover quotes for the book from ex Marine Pulitzer Prize winners, an ex Marine actor, an ex Marine billionaire (owner of Red Wings, Tigers and Little Ceasars), a VA neuropsychologist, etc, but I've been in touch with a former Commandant of the Marine Corps that I'm hoping to land a quote from today or tomorrow. Would make my year. He's already wrote me telling me he loved it, just need him to dump this PC "Too much maltreatment" complaint and give me something!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That's pretty cool.

Biggest windfall for this book by far just happened.

31st commandant just gave a back cover quote/endorsement to the book.

11. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Finished my review of that APE product and posted a review. Cliffs: Stuff was pretty good.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

So, what's a good after workout snack? I'm finding that I am starving after a hard workout, and I really don't want to ruin the work I just put in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

A protein shake. Plain oatmeal with some almonds and apples or raisins.

15. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    A protein shake. Plain oatmeal with some almonds and apples or raisins.
    Is there a good protein shake out there? I want to lose weight, but I also enjoy food.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Just search bodybuilding.com or any other supplement website for a good, lean protein. Right now I'm using bodybuilding.com's brand whey isolates and I effing love it. It's one of the best tasting proteins I've had in forever and it's $55ish for a five pound tub which is pretty competitive pricing.

Having a packet of plain oatmeal with half of an apple sliced up, some sliced almonds, and some raisins in it is about 300 calories and will keep you full for a little bit while being healthy.

18. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Went to the gym yesterday and got my percent body fat. I need to lose 20 lbs to get to where I should be. I am debating whether to get a trainer or not.

I think I want to get back into shape and then go out for rugby next year. I am so tired of having a desk job and not doing any sports. I played in college and miss it.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Really worked out my shoulders and tri's today. I really feel like I'm gaining strength, and my discipline with my work-outs is good. I just need to be stricter with my food intake I think.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information