Page 59 of 212 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default Workout thread

Or lay on a bench and do close grip bench press with the curl bar. That'll light your triceps up.

My son is ok. They gave us some burn creme and some bandages and gauze to keep it clean and protected. He's a tough SOB. It's on the palm side of his hand and he's still crawling around on it with big nasty 2nd degree burns an blisters the size of dimes on his hands.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Or lay on a bench and do close grip bench press with the curl bar. That'll light your triceps up.

My son is ok. They gave us some burn creme and some bandages and gauze to keep it clean and protected. He's a tough SOB. It's on the palm side of his hand and he's still crawling around on it with big nasty 2nd degree burns an blisters the size of dimes on his hands.
    ^ Out of the suggestions, I'd go with this

...But I disagree with all of them.

Compound lifts man... isolation work is a waste of time and a huge obstacle towards progress.

Out of all the tricep exercises listed above, squats and deadlifts will make your triceps bigger and stronger than all of them... and those exercises dont even work them.

Your workouts should be based around heavy and high volume squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, presses, and pull ups.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by thereverend:1618268
    Quote Originally Posted by seeingred View Post
    or lay on a bench and do close grip bench press with the curl bar. That'll light your triceps up.

My son is ok. They gave us some burn creme and some bandages and gauze to keep it clean and protected. He's a tough sob. It's on the palm side of his hand and he's still crawling around on it with big nasty 2nd degree burns an blisters the size of dimes on his hands.
    ^ out of the suggestions, i'd go with this

...but i disagree with all of them.

Compound lifts man... Isolation work is a waste of time and a huge obstacle towards progress.

Out of all the tricep exercises listed above, squats and deadlifts will make your triceps bigger and stronger than all of them... And those exercises dont even work them.

Your workouts should be based around heavy and high volume squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, presses, and pull ups.
    what?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Glad to hear your son is okay. I remember when I was a kid, my little brother pulled a scalding cup of hot coffee on his lap. After the hospital trip, he seemed fine with it. Hope your son recovers quickly.

6. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

SR

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    what?
    Exactly what it said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Also glad your boy is OK.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Group Ride training was great. Yep, I have a major form issue to iron out. Work in front of a mirror will get me where I need to be. Lots to memorize and I have until July 2nd to submit a recording of an entire class that passes BTS standards. Nothing I can't handle, but I'll be nervous about it until I get certified. Pretty much ignoring the rest of my goals until I get certified.

Eye opening talk with the BTS trainer. Like me, he started out as a freestyle instructor. He said "All 8 of my students LOVED it... couldn't get enough. Only problem was I would never have been able to pack a classroom. Most people didn't want to go at it that hard."

I can see what he means. An unfit student may never return for a class. My hope would be, of course, that the unfit follow in my footsteps. EVERY class kicked my ass once upon a time. Fixed that problem.

My group is very loyal. Things come up and not everyone can attend each class. I had 10 today (which was great -- and they were LOUD!! Nice. ). 2 weeks back, however, I had 11 on Tuesday, only 2 on Thursday (that hurt -- I didn't let it show -- hope not, anyways, but it hurt) , then 10 on Friday when I subbed for another instructor. We did have an instructor with ZERO attending a Friday PM class recently. Attendance can be all over the place, but anything below 5 students consistently gets your class dropped from the schedule. I've only dropped below 5 the one time. Sure would like to see all 28 bikes full, though that is really hard to do at 9 AM.

10. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Also glad your boy is OK.
    ^ that, btw

12. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

SR

I actually agree with Reverend on making the most of your excercizes. I used to compete. I would only really do isolation excercizes 10-14 days before a competition. but squats, bench, shoulder presses were ALWAYS part of the regimine during that time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

So far since I've really tightened up my diet my daily intakes have been around 1700 calories, 20g fat, 5g saturated fat, 160g carbs, 200g protein. It's taking some getting used to. I'm hungry all day regardless of how I space my meals out. I haven't been drinking pop but I did have a Sprite Zero today and it was ******* amazing. I'm sure after a week or two of eating this way my body will adjust. As of right now the only supplements I'm taking are fish oil, a daily multi, and protein. No pre workouts or thermogenics or anything.

I have a cruise in 4 weeks to the Bahamas and then a trip to an amazing resort in Grenada in mid-August (lol yes I do take a half dozen vacations a year)

Gonna finish recomp'ing from now to cruise and then clean bulk so I can beast mode for summer vacation and for TV promo stuff for the book thats coming.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I made an awesome wrap today. Used a fat free wrap, 12oz of chicken breast, a serving of BBQ sauce, and a serving of low fat cheese with some romaine lettuce and crumbled two tortilla chips on it. It tasted like the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken wrap from Red Robin. It totaled out at approximately 400 calories, 6g fat, 23g carb, and 48g protein. Topped it off with a Greek Yogurt. Good lunch.

17. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

I made an awesome wrap today. Used a fat free wrap, 12oz of chicken breast, a serving of BBQ sauce, and a serving of low fat cheese with some romaine lettuce and crumbled two tortilla chips on it. It tasted like the Whiskey River BBQ Chicken wrap from Red Robin. It totaled out at approximately 400 calories, 6g fat, 23g carb, and 48g protein. Topped it off with a Greek Yogurt. Good lunch.
    Def doing this this week.

I'm food binging today to eat away my shame of this ******* abortion of a "draft".

19. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Def doing this this week.

I'm food binging today to eat away my shame of this ******* abortion of a "draft".
    It was amazing. I got the idea off of a website called cookinglight.com. Check it out if you haven't heard of it. Lots of really great low calorie recipes on that website.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

In an effort to focus more on compound lifts in all phased of my workout regimen, I destroyed my back yesterday with bent over barbell rows, dead lifts, close grip cable rows, and finished it off with three sets to failre of straight bar pull ups. I discovered that my shoulder gets tweaked when using the slanted pull up bar but not the straight bar. Angles matter more than I thought. I still can't do as many pull ups as I'd like because I haven't really been doing them or lat pull downs because of my shoulder, but I'll get there.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information