Page 58 of 212 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout thread

So today no PT, we went to the range instead. That was another cluster f*&#!

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    Every day this week I've had homemade rice bowls for lunch. I'm hooked and it's super clean eating.

1 serving brown rice
    Your preference of a serving of beans
    Lean grown beef or shredded chicken
    Low fat cheddar
    Salsa

Feeling like I'm cheating while having a damn near perfect PWO meal.
    Good stuff! Another option is quinoa in place of the rice.

Heading to Group Ride training this weekend. They will work me hard Saturday and Sunday, then I can begin teaching Group Ride instead of G-cycle ,though I'm hoping they'll let me teach both -- I prefer G-cycle. I'll have 90 days to film a class, submit the tape and have the BTS board members approve me for certification.

I've had some super positive feedback from my students this past week. Like me, they prefer G-cycle (instructor designed workouts) to Group Ride. The comments from my students made it crystal clear that my message is getting through to them. Seeing them exhausted, but smiling after class is something I can't put a price on. Stand wherever you wish on matters of faith, but I am feeling especially blessed thanks to my students.

I'm feeling pretty good about my form, so this weekend will be a good time for the trainers to show me I suck. LOL. Nah, training will make me better for my students. That's what it's all about. There is nothing I wouldn't do if it would benefit my students.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX0pB0Wwhfg

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Been nursing a sinus infection all week. I went to the gym this morning but every time I lifted anything my face felt like it was going to explode, so I just rode the bike for a while and went home. Three weeks now with no real working out, but I'm done moving and as soon as I'm over this shit I'm in the gym again. I had talked to Rev about doing some IF, but the more I read about it the less I want to do it. So we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Been nursing a sinus infection all week. I went to the gym this morning but every time I lifted anything my face felt like it was going to explode, so I just rode the bike for a while and went home. Three weeks now with no real working out, but I'm done moving and as soon as I'm over this shit I'm in the gym again. I had talked to Rev about doing some IF, but the more I read about it the less I want to do it. So we'll see.
    Haha, either way you'll be fine.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Not that anyone really cares but today I ran 2 miles in under 13 mins and the 5 mile in 40 mins. I need to improve a little by Tuesday. I won't be doing anything till the day of my pt test.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

It's killing me to take the whole weekend off and not exercise but I need to have a full three days to recharge for my pt test. " I accept the fact that as a Ranger , my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier"

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    It's killing me to take the whole weekend off and not exercise but I need to have a full three days to recharge for my pt test. " I accept the fact that as a Ranger , my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier"
    "any other soldier"

Nobody ever drowned in sweat

Quote Originally Posted by Davii:1617088
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    "any other soldier"

Nobody ever drowned in sweat
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...lol Gunny Hightower! Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.
    Last edited by Army Bronco; 04-23-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Went back to the gym this morning. I was not prepared at all for that. My son burned the shit out of his hand last night so we had to take him to the ER. I was totally out of pre workout and my iPod died about five minutes after I got to the gym. Still had a good workout though. Did chest/triceps and 20 min of good cardio. Starting today I'm really buckling down on my diet. I'm keeping a workout log and an eating log for the first time ever just to keep accountability. I usually just keep track in my head, but I'm gonna write everything down now.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed:1617125
    Went back to the gym this morning. I was not prepared at all for that. My son burned the shit out of his hand last night so we had to take him to the ER. I was totally out of pre workout and my iPod died about five minutes after I got to the gym. Still had a good workout though. Did chest/triceps and 20 min of good cardio. Starting today I'm really buckling down on my diet. I'm keeping a workout log and an eating log for the first time ever just to keep accountability. I usually just keep track in my head, but I'm gonna write everything down now.
    How's ur son doing? Is he ok? I hate when I start a workout and my music dies.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

So on a whim I attended a Yoga/Pilates/Thai Chi class Saturday morning. Didn't realize how much of a workout that could be. I had done some light yoga before, but that class worked me out pretty well. I plan on making it a regular thing. Had a slight setback last week. On Wednesday, I decided to do just cardio and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes at a 25% incline. Didn't wear the right socks so I created a blister on my heal, popped it, then rubbed it pretty raw. I was determined to go the full 30 minutes, so I walked the last 5 of it without my shoes. I skipped my Thursday workout, but got back on the horse on Friday and did Chest and Triceps.

According to my logs, I have lost an inch on my gut and my chest, and I'm down a point on my BMI since I got more serious working out. I have not been eating as healthy as I was before I started getting into the gym regularly, but I plan on getting back to a low meat diet again asap. I need to make sure I make good food choices the rest of the week since I am traveling down to St. Louis at the end of the week for business.

http://www.jefit.com/members/?xid=542553
    Last edited by Thnikkaman; 04-23-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I'm way ahead right now on my goal for 4000 miles this year on the bike. Right now I have 1495.71 miles logged. That's 13.12 miles a day average. I only needed 10.93 average a day to make the 4000 miles. Sadly, I have a hernia and have to go to the hospital tomorrow for an operation to fix it. I think I did it doing the front yard project. I still think I can make the 4000 miles though, at least I'm still giving it a shot. I will be off the bike starting tomorrow for around 6-8 weeks.

Wish me luck and send me prayers.
    Merry.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

8 DAYS straight working out and running 2.5 miles. I need to join a GYM but damn are they EXPENSIVE!!!

I have a curling bar with enough weights to give me a workout but Tri's need to be worked out!!!! stil I feel a hell of a lot better than NOT working out. I also Need to cut the damn beer on the weekend. This past one I tried but ended up drinking 3 sunday night SMH
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    8 DAYS straight working out and running 2.5 miles. I need to join a GYM but damn are they EXPENSIVE!!!

I have a curling bar with enough weights to give me a workout but Tri's need to be worked out!!!! stil I feel a hell of a lot better than NOT working out. I also Need to cut the damn beer on the weekend. This past one I tried but ended up drinking 3 sunday night SMH
    Take that curling bar and put it behind your head and do Tri curls with it. You can also do bench dips. Those kill my tris every time.

23. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman:1617942
    Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post

Take that curling bar and put it behind your head and do Tri curls with it. You can also do bench dips. Those kill my tris every time.
    or simply do close hand or diamond pushups. Your tris will burn. You really don't need a bunch of weights.

25. The Following 3 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information