Page 56 of 212 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout thread

Todays pt test was not too bad. I did 100 pushups, 98 sit ups, both in 2 mins each and my 2 mile run in 13:48. Not that good but all in all its a 295 out of 300 so not too bad. Now I need to knock at least 30 secs off my run in 2 weeks and improve 2 more reps in sit ups.

2. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Make sure you are using good technique and being safe. I have seen some crazy crap from crossfitters. I am sure that it varies, but from what I have seen online it looks like an injury waiting to happen and cheating on the exercise.
    I don't get idiotic about it. If I don't think I can do it, or it's not afe, I alter it. I also have a workout partner. That's huge for me.

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Do any of you use JEFIT or anything similar to track your workouts?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman:1609739
    Do any of you use JEFIT or anything similar to track your workouts?
    Not sure if its the same but I was using endomondo to track my lengthy workouts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

1st song pretty much nails the mission statement of my class. Fricking HATE my recorded voice, but, what the hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqquB...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by keithbishop; 04-10-2012 at 11:27 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    Not sure if its the same but I was using endomondo to track my lengthy workouts.
    Is endomondo primarily distance based? JEFIT is more interval based. Helps you keep track of body metrics, and how many reps of which exercises you completed. I just started playing with it and started a workout targeted towards golfers today.

Its interesting because you can set up timers that help you stick to rest intervals between reps. It allows you to keep track of cardio, but not distance, just time. I'll keep playing with it and let you guys know if its worth sticking with.

I did a chest and triceps workout today and tried some HIIT for my cardio. It's been a good 10 years since I was regularly working out, and today was fun. I'm trying to do the right things to recover so I don't feel like hell in the morning. I did all the things a fat guy like myself doesn't want to do yesterday (measuring circumferences of different body parts. I was surprised that even at 275 that I wasn't higher than 34% body fat.
    Last edited by Thnikkaman; 04-11-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman:1609975
    Is endomondo primarily distance based? JEFIT is more interval based. Helps you keep track of body metrics, and how many reps of which exercises you completed. I just started playing with it and started a workout targeted towards golfers today.

Its interesting because you can set up timers that help you stick to rest intervals between reps. It allows you to keep track of cardio, but not distance, just time. I'll keep playing with it and let you guys know if its worth sticking with.

I did a chest and triceps workout today and tried some HIIT for my cardio. It's been a good 10 years since I was regularly working out, and today was fun. I'm trying to do the right things to recover so I don't feel like hell in the morning. I did all the things a fat guy like myself doesn't want to do yesterday (measuring circumferences of different body parts. I was surprised that even at 275 that I wasn't higher than 34% body fat.
    Endomondo tracks runs or hikes, bike rides, things like that. Has a map which tracks your route and tracks your times based on distance and calories burned. I used it a lot to train for a marathon I did back in March.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Endomondo tracks runs or hikes, bike rides, things like that. Has a map which tracks your route and tracks your times based on distance and calories burned. I used it a lot to train for a marathon I did back in March.
    Maybe I should use it for Golf Courses I've walked. I won't give running a try until I've dropped more weight. Every time I've tried to start jogging or running, I prep wrong and get horrible shin splints.

You may also need to look into good running shoes first

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

^ that.

And for your prep you should also wipe your vagina.

Both of those suggestions should go a long ways.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Maybe I should use it for Golf Courses I've walked. I won't give running a try until I've dropped more weight. Every time I've tried to start jogging or running, I prep wrong and get horrible shin splints.
    I got horrible shin splints when I first started. I bought some good shoes, started streching better, iced them when it got bad. Just push through the pain and before you know it you'll be running for miles.

For running, start out with small goals. Run for 5 minutes then walk for 5, then run for 5, walk 5. Doesn't have to be at a fast pace either. Then up it to 6 min run, 4 walk. Build up your endurance and your body will adjust. But if you want to lose weight, most will be accomplished by squarring away your diet. Cardio is great for your heart, but it should be secondary when trying to lose weight.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend:1610763
    ^ that.

And for your prep you should also wipe your vagina.

Both of those suggestions should go a long ways.
    Hey Rev, don't discourage the man. It's easy for guys like us who are military. You and I can go do a marathon or fight a war in a heart beat. Lol

Hey Rev, don't discourage the man. It's easy for guys like us who are military. You and I can go do a marathon or fight a war in a heart beat. Lol
    Meh. It's "mean" but I bet it's a lot more motivating than whatever coddling lead/enabled him to where he is.

Casual support of "you can do it!" doesn't force or really even help someone to change habits that they've had for literally decades and made them literally morbidly obese.

No one ever positively changed their life by rationalizing into "I'll do it later because it hurts right now"... and that's just reality.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

19. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Rev can say whatever he wants, and there is some truth to it. If he thinks that his opinion will be motivation for me fine, but I've got three other people's opinion that matter way more, and I'd like their opinion to not be, "Dad is too lazy to come and play with us" or "I miss my dead father".

21. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend:1611054
    Meh. It's "mean" but I bet it's a lot more motivating than whatever coddling lead/enabled him to where he is.

Casual support of "you can do it!" doesn't force or really even help someone to change habits that they've had for literally decades and made them literally morbidly obese.

No one ever positively changed their life by rationalizing into "I'll do it later because it hurts right now"... and that's just reality.
    Yeah, your right about that but I'm hesitant to use negative motivation on people I don't know. Just don't know how they would react. Everybody is motivated differently. If you were to say " get the sand out of your vagina" to me, I would improve drastically because I can be motivated to prove you wrong. Others, well, might get their feelings hurt. Believe me Rev, I've had to change my mentality drastically when I switched from being an E7 to an officer.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information