Page 55 of 212 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast

Thread: Workout thread

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop:1605774
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    Thanks Bishop. I feel pretty good today but I didn't run or do anything cardio wise. Today I did 2 mins of push ups and sit ups to see where I'm at. I did 95 push ups and 91 sit ups . I also did 13 dead hang pull ups. I still have like 22 days to improve for my Ranger pt test. I really need to worry bout the 5 mile run though. I have to give my legs a few days rest beforehand.
    Keep it up. I know you will. Finding out what this "running" thing is you guys refer to. Going for Tues through Friday nights after work. Anything different I add to my workout mix will make me a better G-cycle instructor.

My class is getting better and better. My students killed it this morning. I am so proud of them. Really gets to me. Nothing in the world I'd rather do than be at the front of class sharing my passion for working out and for my gym. New blog post today with 3 pics from last Thursday's class. One of the pics is a good view of 4 of my students working hard for me. Best feeling in the world.
    You know you are a good teacher and leader when you can influence by providing purpose, direction, and motivation. Good job!

Recent workouts 2 5 miles running with a gas mask and this morning a 6.5 mile run

3. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    To cut or to bulk? Been debating this over the last week and I can't decide. I want to add muscle...don't want to lose abs.

Think I will continue cut through April (family get together early May) then eat slightly over maintenance for Jun-Aug...cut Sept/Oct for the Oct family vacation.

I started lowering my weights but exaggerating my movements during workouts. Slowing the reps down and concentrating on the contraction and release of the targeted muscle. Haven't felt soreness like this for a while. Feelsgoodman.
    Mind muscle connection going on there. I try to do workouts specifically like that 2+ times per month for that reason. You should IF at maintenance and slightly above on lifting days. At least I would expect that to be your best possible plan toward your goals.

Just got back from my 8th vacation in one year. Here's me flossing through the Appalachian Trail:

Russlin jimmies since 1981

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

You know you are a good teacher and leader when you can influence by providing purpose, direction, and motivation. Good job!
    Thanks, man. I might post a clip from class one of these days. Had my girlfriend record a couple tracks last week and some today. Sent the ones from last week to one of my mentors for her critique. Her critique was a lot nicer than mine. If I don't hate the clips from today, I'll post one. I'm definitely my harshest critic.

I got confirmation on Group Ride training April 21-22. 90 days to get certified after training. Group Ride is the version from BTS. http://www.bodytrainingsystems.com/

My G-cycle class is improvised. Doesn't require certification, but, damn, I am so in love with the class : I pick the music, I design the workout. Easy to get hooked on.

BTS certification will be good for me, though. No margin for error with form in BTS.
    Last edited by keithbishop; 04-05-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop:1607318
    Thanks, man. I might post a clip from class one of these days. Had my girlfriend record a couple tracks last week and some today. Sent the ones from last week to one of my mentors for her critique. Her critique was a lot nicer than mine. If I don't hate the clips from today, I'll post one. I'm definitely my harshest critic.

I got confirmation on Group Ride training April 21-22. 90 days to get certified after training. Group Ride is the version from BTS. http://www.bodytrainingsystems.com/

My G-cycle class is improvised. Doesn't require certification, but, damn, I am so in love with the class : I pick the music, I design the workout. Easy to get hooked on.

BTS certification will be good for me, though. No margin for error with form in BTS.
    When I was an NCO I would occasionally run pt sessions but I would have to hold back and not yell at people. That was hard cause I expected a lot out of soldiers but not get back what I thought. Some would flat out quit. That's MI for ya.

8. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

When I was an NCO I would occasionally run pt sessions but I would have to hold back and not yell at people. That was hard cause I expected a lot out of soldiers but not get back what I thought. Some would flat out quit. That's MI for ya.
    That would be so frustrating. In your shoes, I'd be the same, expecting nothing but top flight results.... and definitely no quitting.

I yell a lot, but it's just because I get so excited. I'm roaring by the end of class. It's magical when you see them flick that switch and start believing in themselves. The feedback from my students has been incredible. Can't please everyone, of course. I wonder if some of my music was a little too intense for the 5 AM crowd.... or maybe I was a little too intense. It was hard to read them (with the exception of 2 instructors who came the 2nd time I filled in on a Friday morning -- they had a lot of positive things to say). Lots of rough edges to smooth out, but my hard work is paying off. My students are recruiting friends and family to class. If I can just keep steady attendance through summer (hard to do in spring/summer, when everyone is outside exercising), I know I can pack them in for fall/winter. So far, so good on class attendance in 3 months.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I've been eating like shit and not working out at all this week. I feel like a whale. Some serious dieting is in order when I get home and get settled in my new house.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I've been eating like shit and not working out at all this week. I feel like a whale. Some serious dieting is in order when I get home and get settled in my new house.
    You're going to succumb to trying IF and you know it.

12. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

SR

Anyone who wants to lose weight and is not using IF is really missing out. But you have to stick with it. The first few days you will be hungry, but after that it is easy.

What up dudes! Just got the internet hooked up. I've been BACK from MEXICO for like 2 weeks. I weighed myself and came in at 205. I left at 250 so I was a bit dissepointed that I didn't get under 200.

But still getting a lot of good compliments and already went shopping for some new threads!!. Feels good to be home. I need to join a GYM ASAP because my old school treadmill ain't cutting IT!!!
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

15. The Following User High Fived BORDERLINE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    What up dudes! Just got the internet hooked up. I've been BACK from MEXICO for like 2 weeks. I weighed myself and came in at 205. I left at 250 so I was a bit dissepointed that I didn't get under 200.

But still getting a lot of good compliments and already went shopping for some new threads!!. Feels good to be home. I need to join a GYM ASAP because my old school treadmill ain't cutting IT!!!
    Really proud of you. Losing 45# takes hard work. Sure cuts your back, knees, etc. a lot of slack.

17. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Recently began crossfit. Love it so far. Did P90X last year and lost 30 lbs. Unfortunately I put it back on. Tried P90X2, but it SUX OUT LOUD. 1 big info-mercial to sell his toys. Lame.

19. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27:1609146
    Recently began crossfit. Love it so far. Did P90X last year and lost 30 lbs. Unfortunately I put it back on. Tried P90X2, but it SUX OUT LOUD. 1 big info-mercial to sell his toys. Lame.
    I noticed that a lot of these new workouts are just fads. They try to sell u stuff. Nothing really beats good ole fashioned running. It's free if u have running shoes and no one talks your ear off.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Make sure you are using good technique and being safe. I have seen some crazy crap from crossfitters. I am sure that it varies, but from what I have seen online it looks like an injury waiting to happen and cheating on the exercise.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Make sure you are using good technique and being safe. I have seen some crazy crap from crossfitters. I am sure that it varies, but from what I have seen online it looks like an injury waiting to happen and cheating on the exercise.
    So much this.

Just started Wendler's 5/3/1 "Boring but Big" program. 11 sets of squats yesterday and holy crap am I feeling it a day later.

Link to anyone curious:

http://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information