Page 208 of 212 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

20.25 miles. Little further down the lakefront today. Crosswind SUCKED, made it seem like the wind was directly in my face the whole ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200508_083408_01.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	16815

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    20.25 miles. Little further down the lakefront today. Crosswind SUCKED, made it seem like the wind was directly in my face the whole ride.

Name:	IMG_20200508_083408_01.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	16815
    It was windy here, too. I tried to plan my ride so I'd end up with a tailwind on the final stretch. But somehow it seemed like the wind just kept changing so that it was in my face.

#mysuperpower

I was climbing this hill (do you have those?) and some dude just flew by me. Tour De France speed. I usually don't get passed, even these days, with the evidence of my love of beer so apparent. In fact, I was passing some other dude at the time.

And Lance comes up behind me in Ferrari mode. I was impressed--the work that goes into being that powerful of a human engine is significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It was windy here, too. I tried to plan my ride so I'd end up with a tailwind on the final stretch. But somehow it seemed like the wind just kept changing so that it was in my face.

#mysuperpower

I was climbing this hill (do you have those?) and some dude just flew by me. Tour De France speed. I usually don't get passed, even these days, with the evidence of my love of beer so apparent. In fact, I was passing some other dude at the time.

And Lance comes up behind me in Ferrari mode. I was impressed--the work that goes into being that powerful of a human engine is significant.
    The only hills we have are the levees. Not much.

Went 25.1 today! It's nice knowing every press on that pedal is a PR.

Name:	SmartSelect_20200513-185739_Connect.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	16861

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hills are overrated anyway.

BTW, I was a lot more comfortable with my 2d seat but suffered through an uncomfortable 1st seat for hundreds or thousands of miles. It's not that noticeable for the first hour or two, but after that it makes a huge difference. I don't think any seat will turn a long bike ride into a Lay-z-boy, but something to think about.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Hills are overrated anyway.

BTW, I was a lot more comfortable with my 2d seat but suffered through an uncomfortable 1st seat for hundreds or thousands of miles. It's not that noticeable for the first hour or two, but after that it makes a huge difference. I don't think any seat will turn a long bike ride into a Lay-z-boy, but something to think about.
    Any seat recommendation?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Any seat recommendation?
    Check out Fizik. I have an Arione. Looks like it wouldn't be comfortable--there's not a lot there--but it is (for me).

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Nice bike and great view! And I don't have such a great place for cycling, so I work out in a stuffy gym. I envy you, man. But it's good that now I have at least some gym for training. Because when the gyms were closed for quarantine, I gained extra weight in 2 months. I have a question how do you feel about steroids? I decided that I wanted to build muscle, but here steroidcycle.org I read about the side effects of them. If someone has had the experience of taking steroids, please share your feedback.
    Last edited by nukenbu; 06-17-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by nukenbu View Post
    Nice bike and great view! And I don't have such a great place for cycling, so I work out in a stuffy gym. I envy you, man.
    No spam link with this post? How do you intend to get paid?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    No spam link with this post? How do you intend to get paid?
    I have a feeling it's coming. Nothing in his profile either... maybe we're too quick to jump the gun?

We shall see....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Got a flat as soon as I finished my ride yesterday. Glad it didn't happen in the middle of it!

14. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Got a flat as soon as I finished my ride yesterday. Glad it didn't happen in the middle of it!
    Check out Conti Gatorskins if the problem persists.

I took my bike to Maui and kept getting punctures, but after buying the Gatorskins I haven't had a single one in years.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Hawg, what do you use for a bike computer?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hawg, what do you use for a bike computer?
    Cateye wireless

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Cateye wireless
    I'm looking at a Garmin Edge 530

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm looking at a Garmin Edge 530
    Wow. That's a badass device. Do it man.

I'd like it for the reliable nav, sometimes I'd like to get out there, but the interval games and metrics would push me to purchase. If I was going to spend ~20+ hours a month on my bike, I would find that purchase justified.

Does it have features that let you do the Peloton peer-competition thing?

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information