Page 205 of 212 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

As expected, yesterday's bench session was kinda shit. Was scheduled for workups and then 5x5 at 260. After my workups, I knew it wasn't happening. Wound up getting 4x4@255, 1x3@255, and then 1x4@245. The last rep was horrific. It might have taken 30 seconds or more. I'm legitimately surprised no one came to help me finish out the rep, it took THAT long. Followed that up with the planned workup sets for conventional deadlift and did 3x5@415. Did my rows, and decided to add some ass master (a nautilus glute drive) to my workout. My gym lacks a whole lot of options for posterior chain work. They just added this ass master and I've decided I'm going to rack the machine for reps before my strongman competition in september. I don't really know how the weight translates on that thing compared to doing glute bridges with a conventional barbell, but I worked up to 540 lbs (without considering the unweighted weight of the machine) for 5 and called it. The belt hurts my pelvis a ton, and I'm not sure that I actually know how I'm supposed to be seated properly on the machine, as it's only my second time using it.

Edit: I will say, though, that I'm actually happy with my bench session despite not hitting the numbers I was looking for. I did 150 unweighted dips on monday, and then got dragged through close grip bench and more tricep work yesterday, so my Triceps were pretty spent already. I'm pretty confident that if I hadn't done arms yesterday, I would have hit my numbers.
    Last edited by Zweems56; 06-06-2019 at 08:22 AM.

SHORYUKEN!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Day 1 of this week's training went pretty well. I had dental work done beforehand and a squat session that night. Was very difficult to brace, as I couldn't control half of my face. I just wound up blowing air out the side of my mouth that I couldn't control. Did 345 instead of 360 for 5x5 but the weight moved well. I'm becoming increasingly okay with the poor performance on my squats lately, as it appears that the drop in strength isn't really continuing. I can blame that on lack of energy from the drastic cut. OHP went well, as I've come to expect.

I'm also considering buying some kegs so I can practice front loaded carries. My strongman comp has a husafel carry, but I clearly don't have a husafel and that shit is expensive. Trying to get some lady on letgo to meet me halfway because the closest ones I can find are an hour and change away.

SHORYUKEN!

4. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Two workouts yesterday. First will be done each Monday until failure then.... I don't know yet.... it's "extra work"...

“Macho Man Monday”
    -
    Starting at 135/95
    -
    20 Min Emom (Every minute on the minute)
    3 Power Cleans
    3 Front Squats
    3 Jerks
    -
    Increase by 10/5lbs every Monday

Regularly scheduled workout:

Max Push Ups (3 Rounds for reps)
    3 sets of strict push ups to complete failure. Rest 3-4 Minutes between attempts
    Metcon (Time)
    10 Strict Press (95/65)
    35 Double Unders
    9 Strict Press
    35 Double Unders
    8 Strict Press
    35 Double Unders
    1 Strict Press
    35 Double Unders

Scaled:
    Strict Press (65/35)
    15 Double Attempts

Rx+:
    Strict Press (115/85)

My pushups: 35, 30, 20
    15:05 on the metcon @ 75lbs

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Two workouts yesterday. First will be done each Monday until failure then.... I don't know yet.... it's "extra work"...

“Macho Man Monday”
    -
    Starting at 135/95
    -
    20 Min Emom (Every minute on the minute)
    3 Power Cleans
    3 Front Squats
    3 Jerks
    -
    Increase by 10/5lbs every Monday

Regularly scheduled workout:

Max Push Ups (3 Rounds for reps)
    3 sets of strict push ups to complete failure. Rest 3-4 Minutes between attempts
    Metcon (Time)
    10 Strict Press (95/65)
    35 Double Unders
    9 Strict Press
    35 Double Unders
    8 Strict Press
    35 Double Unders
    1 Strict Press
    35 Double Unders

Scaled:
    Strict Press (65/35)
    15 Double Attempts

Rx+:
    Strict Press (115/85)

My pushups: 35, 30, 20
    15:05 on the metcon @ 75lbs
    So since you did two today, do you do them back to back, or do you do one early in the day and one later?

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    So since you did two today, do you do them back to back, or do you do one early in the day and one later?
    Depends, I did them with about a 40 min break between. I went for open gym at 4:15, knocked out Macho Man and did the regularly scheduled workout at 5:30.

If I'm planning two a days more than just a day a week I typically will go for programmed sessions morning and night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

I hurt my wrist something fierce on Tuesday and I have no idea how. Went through the whole day and night with no issues. Woke up Wednesday morning and my wrist was basically immobile. I've got movement back in it, but really poor rotation. I can feel my wrist shift in the socket from something as simple as swinging my arm when I walk, and it cracks no matter what direction I move it in. I worked through it yesterday and did bench press and deadlift (strangely no issue with this up to and including my working sets of 405 considering what happened today with farmers); worked through it today and did some push press, but when I went to do Farmer carries today, it felt like my hand might just pop off my arm. I'm moderately concerned about it, and I think I'm going to keep it heavily wrapped for any wrist-heavy movements that I do until I get some time to go to an orthopedic after school (work) lets out for the summer. I'm thinking either I injured it doing circus dumbbell on Tuesday and for some reason I just didn't feel it at the time or all night, or my wife hit my wrist tendon with a hammer in my sleep Tuesday night. Either one is possible.

SHORYUKEN!

9. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

I picked up some toys for my conditioning days this week. Two kegs, filled with sand weighing in at 153 and 207 lbs (measuring is hard). I made a little loading platform out of my sawhorses and a giant cutting board that I inherited (it broke already, unfortunately). All in all, the setup cost me $67 for the two kegs (letgo) sand (have a 60 lb bag in my shed still) and the two pipe caps. I did timed loaded carries yesterday before my sled work and I'm legitimately surprised at how hard the 207 lb is compared to the 153. The 153 I can get up to my chest and basically sprint with it. The 207 is a bear and I'm lucky to get a power walk. I had my wife time me on my 4th set and I clocked in at just under 24 seconds to pick, carry and load both over a 50' distance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190620_114630.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	14434

Edit: Apologies for the state of my yard. I have 200 lbs of dog, and keeping a nice lawn is impossible. What doesn't get torn up gets pissed on until it's dead, and then it gets torn up anyway.

SHORYUKEN!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I picked up some toys for my conditioning days this week. Two kegs, filled with sand weighing in at 153 and 207 lbs (measuring is hard). I made a little loading platform out of my sawhorses and a giant cutting board that I inherited (it broke already, unfortunately). All in all, the setup cost me $67 for the two kegs (letgo) sand (have a 60 lb bag in my shed still) and the two pipe caps. I did timed loaded carries yesterday before my sled work and I'm legitimately surprised at how hard the 207 lb is compared to the 153. The 153 I can get up to my chest and basically sprint with it. The 207 is a bear and I'm lucky to get a power walk. I had my wife time me on my 4th set and I clocked in at just under 24 seconds to pick, carry and load both over a 50' distance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190620_114630.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	14434

Edit: Apologies for the state of my yard. I have 200 lbs of dog, and keeping a nice lawn is impossible. What doesn't get torn up gets pissed on until it's dead, and then it gets torn up anyway.
    You're a ******* beast man. Good shit.

13. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

You're a ******* beast man. Good shit.
    Thanks man. I'm really getting into this strongman shit. It's just... cool. About a year back I was considering powerlifting because that's the avenue a dude at the gym was pushing me, but I'm much happier that I've been working on this stuff instead. Grew up watching strongman and thinking it was the coolest thing on the planet.

SHORYUKEN!

15. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Been MIA for a bit again, but my competition is tomorrow. Got two separate nerve pinches right now, and I'm nervous as hell in general. Should be fun!

SHORYUKEN!

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Aaaand I'm home. Took second in my weight class, and only by just a little bit.

My wife was kind enough to take some videos and some pictures!

Pretty disappointed with my Circus Dumbbell. I didn't get a chance to train it because I don't have access to the implement. Failed out my first two reps trying to figure out the proper placement and then the next two went smooth. I lost a lot of points on that event, and if I had more experience, I would have likely tied first for the event and taken first overall. Oh well. Live and learn!

SHORYUKEN!

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Aaaand I'm home. Took second in my weight class, and only by just a little bit.

My wife was kind enough to take some videos and some pictures!

Pretty disappointed with my Circus Dumbbell. I didn't get a chance to train it because I don't have access to the implement. Failed out my first two reps trying to figure out the proper placement and then the next two went smooth. I lost a lot of points on that event, and if I had more experience, I would have likely tied first for the event and taken first overall. Oh well. Live and learn!
    Nice videos man. You're a BEAST brother!

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Nice videos man. You're a BEAST brother!
    Thanks man! The husafell was WAAAAY easier than I thought. I had been picking a keg at 207 lbs (husafell at 230) and it was SOOOO light. I also mismanaged my deadlift a bit. Should have taken 545 instead of 565. My previous PR was 495, so it was all gravy. Just a few tweaks and I could have taken it. I don't think I'm allowed to compete in the novice class again, since I podium'd. The really nice thing is I won some SWEET wrist wraps (MSRP $36 without shipping). I was considering buying some for the competition, since mine are not overly stiff for maximal pressing, and now I don't need to!

SHORYUKEN!

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Update: ow. My body. Injury free, but ow

SHORYUKEN!

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

I just realized I’ve lost 40 pounds this year.

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information